PDA

View Full Version : hello-any info on tiger

diego
11-16-2001, 07:14 AM
MyPopâ„¢ | register | search | faq | forum home

Previous Next
» You are not logged in. Login or register Kungfu Magazine » The Kungfu Magazine.com Forum » Shaolin Kung Fu » tiger

Email this page to someone!
Author Topic: tiger
diego
Member posted 11-05-01 03:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic: im seeking all info in regards the tiger claw
diego
Member posted 11-05-01 03:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how many techniques do you guys know of and that are universal in kf,in the hungga tiger crane
theres in a catstance lead outgrab and rear front claw to face;or in bow stance lead forearm inward deflect and rear side claw to jaw;or from cat wave hand deflect and lunge in bow two claw etc.
how many combos yall know of,in my style i was told always make your lead claw on the bottom when doing two claw strike...
WHATCHAKNOW
any style hung-hsing

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Posts: 465 | From: VANCITY COLUMBIA | Registered: 04-08-01

No_Know
Member posted 11-09-01 10:19 PM
The tiger/crane form has double Phoenix Eye fist. Theoretically Shantung Black Tigeruses at least one single strike using the Phoenix-Eye fist formation. I derrived that Tiger Claw as a style/system, universally includes in at least small portion(s) a Phoenix Eye fist.
Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

diego
Member posted 11-11-01 04:47 PM
man i forgot about this post

im not clear on why? your saying.
i get what your saying

but you wrote like i asked if tiger uses pheonix and you caught me off gaurd.

so alot of tiger methods use pheonix thats cool.one of my favourite fists...

you have good info on tiger or thats it

thanks

if i throw sand in ya face;WILL YOU Blink".

Stumblefist
Member posted 11-12-01 11:34 AM
Diverse use

This should probably be in Southern:
Tiger Claw: has infinitite usage in DEFLECTIVE blocking patterns which easily merge into seizing, hooking, chin-na and grappling-throwing. Favorite exercise is circular clawing, something like wax-on, wax-off.
So... tiger-claw has "soft" applications as well as hard striking and scratching.

Posts: 1008 | From: California, USA | Registered: 10-12-99

diego
Member posted 11-13-01 08:31 AM
ya in one of the advanced sets in a video of my style

hes in a horse and he does like a whirling outblock motion prolly in tiger claws"its a vid from 82"
left and right like 8 times relaxed but hella fast.
what style is your fave tiger ex from it would better help me to visualize your text
uno hsing yi and hung tiger are differant looks tension etc could you explain to me in idiots guide
how all these differant styles have tiger
thats a general question like if you ask why these animals in so many differant styles

but i break it down basic just tell me about why hsing yi and hunggar have tiger

basically help me to better understand tiger kungfu symbology,ya THATS ABOUT RIGHT
SHOULD MAKE SENCE

tomcat
Member posted 11-13-01 02:59 PM
tiger claw

You ask "why is tiger in hung gar?"
Hung-Gar was devised from the Shaolin Tiger system,or some would say the Shaolin 5 animal system, but the most predominate animal in the system is tiger,I have a copy of the Shaolin Black Tiger form and almost all of the movements in the set can be found in Hung-Gar also.Legend has it that the monk Gee Sim See was a master of the tiger system. as far as Hsing-i I cant help you there except that it is also an animal system.
tomcat

Posts: 19 | From: parachute,colorado,usa | Registered: 07-22-01

Starchaser107
New Member posted 11-14-01 04:56 PM
While we're on the topic

Whats the difference between black tiger and white tiger, are there nothern systems of kungfu dedicated to fu jow? I know many shaolin schools have tiger forms , but are there any nothern tiger schools or styles?, also besides choy lay fut and kenpo are there any schools that focus on leapord/panther style primarily?
"everything is everything"

All times are PST
Topic: Close Manage Delete Previous Next

Rate Topic: Rate It!5 Best4321 Worst

Hop To: Wai Jia: The Kung Fu Forum--Kung Fu Forum--Kung Fu Training and Health--Shaolin Kung Fu--Northern Praying Mantis--Southern Chinese Kung Fu--Wing Chun--Jeet Kune Do--Street/Reality FightingNei Jia: the Qigong and Taijiquan Forum--Taijiquan and the Internal Martial Arts--Traditional Chinese Medicine--Qigong and MeditationMartial Media, Culture and Other Arts--Martial Media and Popular Culture--Other Related Arts--TC Media Publications

Kungfu Magazine | Privacy Statement

© TC Media 2001

OpenTopicâ„¢ 2.1.1

Please click here for
Forum Rules and Information.