PDA

View Full Version : Iron Palm in an Apartment

SaintSage
04-28-2016, 07:17 PM
Do any of you folks have experience in training iron palm in an upstairs apartment? Our soundproofing is pretty good, and I've been told that if the "table" (I was gonna use cinderblocks) is stable there should be no problem, but I'm wondering if any of you have any hints.

mickey
04-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Greetings,

I have used a stack consisting of blister packs of telephone books as a foundation. The striking material was covered with a towel or wash cloth. You can also have the foundation placed upon a small rug. This should minimize floor shock and noise to a great degree. The towel on top of the striking material minimizes the shock coming back into the hand.

There is a small price for this info.

mickey

SaintSage
04-28-2016, 08:13 PM
Greetings,

I have used a stack consisting of blister packs of telephone books as a foundation. The striking material was covered with a towel or wash cloth. You can also have the foundation placed upon a small rug. This should minimize floor shock and noise to a great degree. The towel on top of the striking material minimizes the shock coming back into the hand.

There is a small price for this info.

mickey

Ah, I see what you're saying. Thanks!

mickey
04-29-2016, 07:58 AM
Forgot something,

The towel or wash cloth need not be thick or it defeats the purpose of the training. A towel folded once is good.

There was a time when palm bags had leather sewn over the canvas.

mickey