PDA

View Full Version : Cheng Kwan Hop (Pei Mei)

EAZ
11-20-2001, 01:30 PM
I am intreagued by this person, who is thought to be one of the three earlier (not earliest necessarily) students of CLC;

Yum Cha said: Both Leung Cheung and my sifu told me there were 3 early students of Cheung Lai Cheun, one stayed in Canton, one went to malaysia, and one went to Vietnam.

I was told that "Tang Hué Bac" was the 12th student of CLC. And that he was a Choy Li Fut practitioner before he learnt Pei Mei. When he set out to challenge other masters he stumbled upon CLC in oneof his schools who messed him up pretty badly (apparently a leg injury. "Tang Hué Bac" then became his student and after a few years he went to Vietnam.

I would like to know:
1. Is Tang Hué Bac = Cheng Kwan Hop
2. Were there one or two senior students of CLC who went to Vietnam?
3. Around what year would Cheng Kwan Hop have studied with CLC?

A side question: has anyone heard of " Siu Sim" or Lava of volcano? This mysterious man apparently practiced Pei Mei in Vietnam after coming from China and was last seen in 1985 in Saigon, age 110 years old. He was Chinese, but of unknown origin. I cannot remember if I was told that he came from another branch than CLC or not.

Thanks.

Yum Cha
11-21-2001, 02:58 AM
Vietnamese line Linguistic and dialect confusion... (Viet? Cantonese? Mandarin?)

Older generation:
"Cheng Kwan Hop" is that "Chun Wai Bok" or are they different people?

Younger generation:
"Tang Khai Minh" is that "Tang Hue Bac" or are they different people?

I believe these are at least 2 different people...if not 4.

CannonFist
11-21-2001, 08:25 AM
Tang Hue Bac is Vietnamese way of saying Chang Wai Bok.

Tang Khai Minh is Vietnamese way of saying Chang Hoi Ming.

Chang Wai Bok and Chang Hoi Ming is the same person. He used Chang Hoi Ming in China and Chang Wai Bok in Vietnam.

I do not know about Cheng Kwan Hop but I believe Cheng Kwan Hop is a different person from Chang Wai Bok.

EAZ
11-21-2001, 11:19 AM
Yum Cha: do you have ANY information on this person, any annecdote, etc?

CannonFist
11-22-2001, 02:10 AM
EAZ, I have send an email to your address shown on your profile. I have included a contact for you of a practitioner of Vietnamese Pak Mei from the Chang Wai Bok, Tai Chek Kam lineage.

Yum Cha
11-22-2001, 04:23 AM
Unfortunately, just the story from my 2 sifus.

EAZ
11-22-2001, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CannonFist:
EAZ, I have send an email to your address shown on your profile. I have included a contact for you of a practitioner of Vietnamese Pak Mei from the Chang Wai Bok, Tai Chek Kam lineage.[/quote]

Thank you, received !