PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

qeySuS
11-04-2001, 10:25 AM
ahhh what a great country you guys live in! As if i wasnt obsessed with living there before, now i just gotta get back.

As soon as i came there i was greeted by an american family that welcomed the entire group into their home, it was a great experience spent 2 days with an all american family, had waffles with syrup and sausages for breakfest (never had more then a bowl of kellogs for breakfest before). And it was just cool staying with a family of five (the 13 year old son was practicing with your Master in baltimore that's why they took us in). Then we made a 6 hour drive to Yale (we didnt go to Hartford, aparently we were misinformed and the competition was in the Yale Coxe Cage).

The time at yale wasnt too interesting, lots and lots of waiting (had to wait for 10 hours before i competed) and then i fought 2 fights. First fight with a higher belt, he was technichly good but not very quick, i won him with a few points (they dont tell you the final score but the score after the first round was 3-0 for me). Next fight was against a guy i REALLY wanted to knock out, he was standing there with all his padding on the outside (illegal) wearing gloves (illegal) and trying to look mean and saying stuff like "F*ck this **** i just wanna get in there and beat someone up!". I saw him fight his first fight against a pretty unexperienced guy, he just throw big Muay Thai style roundhouse kicks and came jumping in with them, that was about it. So he won the first fight because the guy couldnt handle the aggressiveness, then i fought him and i just had to! I did the Vanderlai Silva wrist thing :D (i've always wanted to do that!). So we fought and it was 2-0 at halftime, he got 2 shots in on me in the second round, i blocked them though but you never know when the judges give points (blocks dont seem to matter all that much). Too make it short i won that fight too and got the gold in my belt/weight division, it was a pretty low belt division so it's not like i'm TKD king of the world :) But i enjoyed it.

What i mainly noticed at this tournement was that the caliber of black belts and other higher belts was VERY different. Some there could hardly throw a good roundhouse, i saw pictures from the 13 y.o's kids old TKD school, and that was a McDojangs that was just pumping out belts, they had VERY bad tecnhique and they had 2 belts, combat TKD and TKD (that way they get more money for promoting 2x). I saw the video (he was a black belt there) and he was BAD, he's really good now after a few years at Master Parks place. So it really struck me how the caliber is different, i saw some REALLy good black belts too there. I was also surprised how few poom belts tehre were (that's junior black belt) the majority of them just wore black belts.

Ok so competition is over, we went to NY for a quick 3 hour lookaround (went to some greek restaurant with a CRAZY waitress). And next day (monday) we went to DC to check out some landmarks, too bad that EVERYTHING was closed, the capitol the white house the monument, everything, went to the Smithsonian and the air and space museum though. Rest of the week i just spent training and eating weird food (i hardly eat veggies but this week i had to eat seaweed and lots of weird stuff), drank a lot of good authentic Green tea (good stuff), and we even went out drinking once, couldnt get in anywhere but one of the students just bought us beer and we drank it togethere and went shooting pool.

So all in all, a great trip LOVED THE COUNTRY, i almost felt like home, i never got that "i wanna go home" feeling or anything. Man i've always wanted to live there and now it's magnified by like 100x :)

Btw i didnt go downtown baltimore a lot, the school was on Joppa Road and we were staying at the Sheraton (towson). Only went downtown once to check out the aquarium and some other sites.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Ryu
11-04-2001, 10:27 AM
Welcome back!
:)

Ryu

http://judoinfo.com/images/kimuraosawa.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

IronFist
11-04-2001, 10:28 AM
Dude I didn't even know you were gone! I'm glad you like my country. Oops, I mean, this country. Heh, it's not mine yet.

If you ever come to Chicago lemme know.

Iron

Ryu
11-04-2001, 10:30 AM
Soon, IronFist, soon.

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

IronFist
11-04-2001, 10:38 AM
"The Glorious Empire of New America."

Sound good?

Iron

Ryu
11-04-2001, 10:44 AM
Just remember your buddy Ryu when it comes time to heat up those gas chambers...

Ryu

IronFist
11-04-2001, 10:49 AM
Bad analogy.

Iron

Ryu
11-04-2001, 05:21 PM
Just a joke. ;)
Sorry.

Godzilla
11-04-2001, 05:32 PM
Enjoyed your post. Glad you did so well at the tournament. America is a nice place to live and train MA.

Godzilla

Wongsifu
11-04-2001, 05:55 PM
thats cool congrats on the gold medal btw !!1
:cool:

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Johnny Hot Shot
11-04-2001, 06:00 PM
Congrats on the Medal. Next time try and make it to the West Coast. Like Jim Morrison said "The West is the Best"

Glad you had a great time.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

qeySuS
11-04-2001, 06:06 PM
oh god i forgot to mention that "tough guy"'s coach, he was a chinese guy that looked EXACTLY like the gay guy in "Way of the dragon" with Bruce Lee, remember the one that was REAL skinny in weird suites and long hair? Well he was like that (with the suit and everything).

qeySuS
11-04-2001, 06:59 PM
oh yes another discovery i made in USA, Black girls are LOUD, especially in groups 2+

Stranger
11-04-2001, 08:16 PM
Congratulations on the gold medal. Next time you come to DC, give us a heads up.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

rogue
11-04-2001, 08:21 PM
"oh yes another discovery i made in USA, Black girls are LOUD, especially in groups 2+"

How much fun did you have? :eek:

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' Patton

Stranger
11-04-2001, 08:28 PM
:D

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

qeySuS
11-04-2001, 09:05 PM
heh well Master park did say that when you went to a foreign country you should taste their food ;)

hehe seriously though i didnt get any taste of black meat :/ (there were some fiiiine ones though)

Martial Joe
11-04-2001, 10:05 PM
Hey man...

Keep training!
And BTW have you ever had 2 bowls of cereal for breakfast?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Godzilla
11-04-2001, 10:37 PM
Rolls wouldn’t stand a chance with his video fu.

Godzilla

qeySuS
11-04-2001, 11:03 PM
I dont think i ever have Joe (i hardly ever even eat breakfest), btw i felt sick after i ate 3-4 waffle sqares for breakfest covered with syrup. I never ate any meat for breakfest tehre, couldnt get myself to do it, it was just too much :)

rogue
11-04-2001, 11:05 PM
All I can imagine is Q riding around singing...

Give it to me, baby, huh huh, huh huh
And all the girlies say I'm pretty fly for a white guy! :D

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' Patton

qeySuS
11-05-2001, 12:05 AM
your right rouge, i wore gold chains throughout the trip to be down with the homies.

Btw!! I tried on some pants in a store called "Hot Topic" GOD **** you guys wear wide pants! I wear pretty wide clothing compared to most people in my college, but that was like 3-4x as wide i was like "omg what is this".

Also a funny sidenote, i was wearing my "WTF?" T-Shirt i bought at www.thinkgeek.com (http://www.thinkgeek.com) once when we went to meet master park, and he asked me if i was wearing a "World TaeKwonDo Federation" T-Shirt, so i had to explain what it was suppose to mean :D