PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: CLF Authorities

Shaolin36
11-27-2001, 07:46 PM
Quik question.
Where does Si mui Fah Kuen(sp) fall in your curriculum. Is it Beginner, intermediate or what. Just curious what level your school/branch see's it as.
Shaolin

Fu-Pow
11-27-2001, 07:47 PM
Beginner

Fu-Pow

http://www.geocities.com/fu_pow/vmrc-halloween-3.jpg

http://www.makskungfu.com/images/Graphics/Choy%20Lay%20Fut%20red.gif

CLFNole
11-27-2001, 09:05 PM
It is generally considered as more of a beginner form but is higher up than Lie Ma (Ng Lun Ma) or Che Kuen (Ng Lun Choy), however alot of the forms in the first few years of CLF in the Lee Koon Hung lineage at least are generally at the same level. You just have to put them in some kind of order for teaching purposes. There are then intermediate or mid-level forms and finally more advanced forms.

In the old days after the first to prepatory forms Sup Gee Kow Dah Kuen was the first real form you learned. This was later changed to Siu Moi Fah because of the length of Sup Gee Kow Dah.

Peace.

Shaolin36
11-27-2001, 09:11 PM
CLFNOLE,thanks for the breakdown.
While were on the subject, what is the first form of intermediate clas and the first to advance class?
Just Curious

Shaolin36

CLFNole
11-27-2001, 09:54 PM
There is no set 1st intermediate form. In the ciriculum the way it is set up I would say Ping Kuen,although Ng Ying Kuen and Ping Chan Kuen are generally similar in general level. The advanced forms would include the animal forms, Hok Ying Kuen, Fu Ying Kuen, Fu Pow Kuen and the Pak Gwa Forms. Fut Ga Jerng and Joi Baat Sin Kuen would also be considered more advanced forms, not on degree of difficulty but rather on feel. The power generation is a bit different with some internal aspects.

Peace.

Shaolin36
11-27-2001, 10:09 PM
tank you broda.

Shaolin36

Shaolin36
11-27-2001, 10:11 PM
Its kinda strange as it appears I have learned some more advanced forms first and now I am learning Si mu fah kuen. To each their own I guess.
Thanks again

Hiram
11-28-2001, 03:15 AM
Is there such a thing as a large frame Moi Fah Kuen?

iron_silk
11-28-2001, 05:36 AM
I remember Lee Koon Hung had made Mui Fa Kuen into a poster. Go check the website.

CLFNole
11-28-2001, 06:21 AM
I have heard of but never seen Dai Moi Fah Kuen. In the Lee Koon Hung lineage there is only Siu Moi Fah Kuen. Alot of other lineages also have a Siu Moi Fah Kuen although the form differs from lineage to lineage.

Peace.