PDA

View Full Version : sparring

SnowTiger
11-26-2001, 03:25 PM
On sand or grass?On sand you could accidentaly kick sand into your sparring mates eyes,but on the other hand,the grass gives your gi a nice green shade.Which would you preffer?Just thinking :p

Robinf
11-26-2001, 04:29 PM
That's a toughie. I've only sparred in the school and at tournaments so far. I've never full out sparred outside. But, I would go for grass and wear clothes I didn't mind getting all green. Besides, getting sand out of your hair is no picnic.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

rogue
11-26-2001, 09:05 PM
Buy a cheap black gi.

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Cyborg
11-27-2001, 12:04 AM
Grass all the way. Sand seems softer... 'til you land hard. And you lose traction in the sand.

"Box a fighter and fight a boxer". Bruce Lee

rogue
11-27-2001, 05:35 AM
A cow pastures and polo fields are real soft. Sometimes they even have some extra cushining.

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

jungle-mania
11-29-2001, 02:58 PM
Training on grass is good, it is harder to do kick combo, but alot softer to land when doing a breakfall. It is a good exeperience to train on different grounds, since a real fight can occur anyway.