PDA

View Full Version : World War 3

GeneChing
09-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I could've sworn there was a thread on this already. If anyone finds it, let me know and I'll merge.

'World War 3 with China is inevitable' Shock warning from top military chief (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/543127/naval-war-china-america-former-us-navy-chief?amp&amp&amp&amp&utm_campaign=applenews&utm_content=&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=applenews&utm_term=)
A BLOODY naval war between China and the US is “inevitable”, a former war chief has warned.

By Joshua Nevett / Published 4th September 2016
http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/434000/620x/war-with-china-looms-543127.jpg
GETTY
FUMING: Chinese authorities have pledged to defend the territory claimed

Seth Cropsey, ex-Deputy Undersecretary of the US Navy, warned of an imminent conflict in the bitterly disputed South China Sea as tensions between the two military superpowers reaches boiling point.

Beijing wants to seize control of large swathes of the disputed region, but several US allies have overlapping claims, forcing America’s hand.

Now retired naval officer Cropsey is calling on US President Barack Obama to limit China’s military strength by any means possible over fears war is brewing.

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/438000/war-with-china-looms-632438.jpg
GETTY
CRISIS POINT: The US has ramped up its rhetoric against China

Writing for neoconservative think tank The Hudson Institute, he said: “A key component of the next president’s foreign policy must be to compel China to respect international law.

“Otherwise, we may be faced by a conflict with a growing navy at a time when ours is decreasing in size.”

In the article Cropsey backs the international tribunal ruling which found China has no right to more than a million square miles of territory it claims in the South China Sea.

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/439000/war-with-china-looms-632439.jpg
GETTY
CHIDED: Obama has been blasted for his response to China's growing military might

“We may be faced by a conflict with a growing navy at a time when ours is decreasing in size.”
Seth Cropsey, ex-Deputy Undersecretary of the US Navy
However, he blasted Obama’s response to China’s “mis-behavior and militarized ambitions” claiming the country’s growing military power has gone ignored.

He said despite attempts to reach a diplomatic solution, China’s President Xi Jinping has shown “intent to deploy combat aircraft” in an aggressive move that could spill over into war.

Cropsey then blasts China for not respecting international law before suggesting the US should ramp up its “military strength” in the region to show Beijing “a conflict with us is not in their interest”.

His comment come after President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines issued a stark warning to Beijing amid the ongoing territory row.

He warned them to stay out of his territory, or face the dispute turning violent.

David Jamieson
09-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Obama is a lame duck right now. He's not going to do anything at all. Especially not after the king of the death squads in the Fil has now run his mouth.
China will have to deal with some other American, so they will either make a move in the transition period of the US elections, or simply quietly reinforce and fortify their military installations in the south china sea until Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines have to do something themselves about it. Which so far seems to revolve around expanding their military powers.

I really don't think anyone wants to go toe to toe with China. Others will just watch and then take out the winner who will be weakened. I mean, if I was Putin, that would be my strategy. lol, let China and the US go at it for a year and then swoop in and take both their apples.

boxerbilly
09-06-2016, 10:53 AM
If you all are praying people. Might be a good time to pray.

David Jamieson
09-06-2016, 12:10 PM
If you all are praying people. Might be a good time to pray.

Praying doesn't do much to stop a-holes from being a-holes. It is somewhat useful in keeping hysterical people quiet and on their knees though. :p

Jimbo
09-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Well, if the U.S. and China ever DO go to war, it's going to suck being Asian in this country.

All of this crap is over personal greed and ego of those in power. I'm pretty sure that your typical honest person anywhere in the world just wants to have a good life and be left the hell alone. I'm really tired of all this intrusive crap foisted on everyone else by all these sociopathic "world leaders" in the interest of acquiring more and more territory they don't even need, and pushing their beliefs (even our own) onto everyone else.

boxerbilly
09-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think it would help much either. Im not one to take a knee when it is better to stand. Just it could be seriously bad for everyone everywhere.

Jimbo, I think Asians will be okay more or less. Idiot fcuks may get all they are the enemy bullcrap. Well my sister is Okinawan ****breath so can that ****e. Many people have a rather mixed family nowadays. I think for the most part we have handled the Muslim backlash fairly well in most areas. Difference being is Asians have a longer history in integration as a whole than Muslims. Of course we have had Muslim folks around here for a long time but they were never on the radar for most people until most recently. They have a semi long history here actually.

Jimbo
09-06-2016, 01:37 PM
If it does happen, hopefully they won't do the forced relocations like they did to the Japanese-Americans during WWII. A high percentage of Americans aren't even aware of it, or at the most are only vaguely aware of it/don't give a ****. Unfortunately, under certain circumstances, I think something similar could possibly happen again. My mom's side of the family was lucky and had their old lives to go back to after the war, because they had a lot of support from their community (which was mostly white). My dad's side were farmers, so they had to start over from scratch.

I remember awhile ago, Trump saying the forced relocations during WWII was a good thing and he would do it. High percentages of people lost everything and had to start completely over. Let Trump live for a few years in converted horse stables behind barbed wire in the middle of nowhere for no reason other than his race and see how he likes it. If the U.S. ever went to war with Scotland and all Americans with Scottish descent were to be rounded up, you can be sure Trump wouldn't go, and he would suddenly change his mind about approving of relocation camps for innocent people. Of course, that'll never happen, so he will never be faced with that prospect.

IMO, it would be perfect if world leaders, when they want to declare war, must fight *each other* in barbed wire cages wearing no safety gear, and wearing gloves studded with razor blades or broken glass. The cages would also be lined with various weapons, like knives, swords, maces, axes, etc. And there can be no stand-ins; the actual presidents/kings/etc., must fight themselves. Wars between countries would come to an end really quickly.

boxerbilly
09-06-2016, 06:42 PM
I know of what happened. I don't think we need to worry about a round up. In fact, that would be the last of our worries if this kicked off on our mainland. At which point I hope we are all the same color. The color of our flag. Because love it or hate it. We will not be welcomed by their flag.

MarathonTmatt
09-06-2016, 10:03 PM
From what I understand & as the article points out there are a lot of territory disputes in the South China Sea. China is def. one of the bigger players in that area w/ territory disputes. I heard that if the Philippines were occupied (by China) than tensions with other nations could boil over.

With that said, there has always seemed to be a "WW3" scare involving China for many years. In 2005 we can expect a WW3 with China in a year if certain disputes continue, that sort of thing. Maybe diplomacy wins the day? Or maybe fear-mongering makes good headlines? IDK I am no expert in foreign relations. I would have to agree with Jimbo about the sociopathic element in politics/ world politics. "There are lives in the balance." And regular folk are just regular folk- but some geo-political faction, across many nations, seems to be feeding the war machine.

Speaking of a WW3 scenario, did anyone else see these video clips of "mirages" appearing over Chinese cities a few years ago? These were cities appearing to be floating in the sky, witnessed by hundreds, even thousands of people. YouTube has some good videos of that. Just search : "mirage over Chinese cities." I think some of the commenters on the video are correct about hologram technology being employed. probably all the military super-nations have this tech.

If sh!t hits the fan and you see Jesus appearing in the sky, DO NOT go up to the light. It will be a FALSE RAPTURE. Repeat, do not go up, it will be a false rapture.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 05:55 AM
No one needs to worry about camps for the native Chinese. Those days are gone. Visiting Chinese may have issues with detainment/questioning. It is a different world than 80 years ago. In some ways better.

We are not talking a third world force here. This has the potential to be devastating on a global scale. FEMA camps may serve another purpose than to house our so called undesirables. Just a thought, they may have been built for reasons that have nothing to do with what conspiracy buffs portray them as.

I'd call them multi purpose camps myself.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Lets assume that there are people who do control the direction of the population as a whole. We all heard the term. Bloodlines going back for eons. Every country has them, yada yada yada. So, if I assume that is true. Could not this whole thing be orchestrated to say sway a vote come election time ? I believe one candidate has not ruled out war with China, LOL.

MightyB
09-07-2016, 06:14 AM
I really don't think anyone wants to go toe to toe with China. Others will just watch and then take out the winner who will be weakened. I mean, if I was Putin, that would be my strategy. lol, let China and the US go at it for a year and then swoop in and take both their apples.

THAAD makes the US invincible in a conventional war. All the world powers know this. China lost when North Korea's missile tests gave the US the opportunity and excuse to place the THAAD system in South Korea.

Tokyo and Washington are working on having a version of THAAD in Japan soon. THAAD isn't just a missile interceptor system, it's a total air superiority system. With the installations in place, the US has total air superiority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhsDpLUd-dk

I've linked a couple of articles for you guys if you're interested:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/world/asia/south-korea-us-thaad-china.html?_r=0

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-china-fears-us-missile-defenses-12449

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 06:22 AM
The US has total Naval superiority too. China beats our ground troops in the numbers game. They have the most. Meaningless in todays theatre of war for the most part.

Now to get back to bloodlines. Has anyone ever thought, holy****e man, I too have a bloodline that goes back eons !!!!! Because, YOU DO !

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 06:44 AM
There is a reason the 7th fleet has been parked in front of China since WW2.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 06:47 AM
One of my bloodline died on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI9rtq0eVgg

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Corporations, war and the corporate state...

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."
--Smedley D. Butler, Retired Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps,
quote from War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic
by America's Most Decorated Soldier

https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

MightyB
09-07-2016, 07:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJIYdgkF9M

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 08:28 AM
Actually our boys believed China to be the worlds largest market. Standard Oil. Hmm ?

https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/handle/10822/709165- read the pdf.

Gulf of Tonkin anyone ? Was Standard Oil there too ? Hmm. Is China making waves in the Gulf ?

We've ( the US )been drilling Vietnam since about 1981. Who knew that ? Almost no one.

Did we fund Ho Chi Mien to drive the French from its land ? It was a French colony was it not ?Man, this stuff gets deep and weaves all over the globe. Or was it the Japanese that drove the French out ?What you never read about Japanese envolement in Vietnam ? Hmm.... where was the OSS ? What is the OSS ? Side note, I was introduced to Col. Arron Bank. I was 17 at that time. I mostly kept my mouth shut.

The French mainly did rubber plantations yes ? Hmm......Did you know Prescott Bush was a rubber guy too? I bet you thought banking and oil. Maybe just oil. Most people have forgot about big daddy. Did you know we had to pay Michelin Rubber money for damage we caused to their plantation during the Vietnam war ? We did. We had to pay a company for damages we caused them while fighting our enemy. This stuff seems made up. Of course we needed the rubber for mil-tech reasons so no long ensued court battles. Here's a check, plant more trees asap.

Its a spider web boys. Things planned out decades and a century before hand. Follow the money. Like in that Archery thread fiasco a few months back. LOGISTICS !

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 08:31 AM
I really think this nonsense is to sway votes. Funny, been a few do we really want this guy as president ads of late.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Weeks or months or longer..........potentially a lot longer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6-udJ_OTs

To keep it super fcuking simple. The OSS after WW2 essentially spilt into what we now know as the CIA and Green Beret. You all are familiar with the term sheep dipped ? Sure you are. The 2 groups never really parted ways. Intelligence/ Operator. Understand ? Good.

Another side note. Banks later headed up security for Nuclear plants. He was worried about sabotage long before **** Marcinko. Hmm the old saboteur / terrorist linguistic trick again. Strike fear into the heats of people. By the way, Banks was also heavily connected to psychological departments. They worked hand in hand. Did Butler mention psychology in his book ? I met and went to his home often as a 13 year old boy, Mr. Robert Emmett Ginna. In effect a Nuclear boy.

Another market we created.

sanjuro_ronin
09-07-2016, 09:40 AM
There is nothing to achieve through global scale warfare of this type.
The world has been at war, in one way or another, since the beginning of the 20th century.
The global powers have learned that it is easier and less costly for them to just "poke" at each other via minor conflicts than to risk massive destruction.

4th generation warfare.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Yep. It sure would kill business.

This book many consider among the greatest works published about the Kennedy assassination. Very hard to get 20+ years ago in real book form. I managed.

Now what I don't think it goes into is that we or should I say our oil companies speculated Vietnam had the largest oil reserves in the world going back into the 20 or 30's. Recall, Kennedy wanted to and likely would have pulled our troops from their. Killing massive amounts of business in terms of dollars. Most people do not understand the cost of war at all. They see huge numbers but don't understand. We disassociate because we have massive trouble associating those dollar amounts. Break it down to the cost to outfit one soldier. http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014/12/08/the-minuscule-cost-of-equipping-a-chinese-soldier/

Considering more than half the US that works makes under 30 grand a year that number is associable.

It cost about 2 million a year to keep one soldier in combat when all tangibles are added up. Chaching. That's todays cost. Then ?

So Kennedy lost a lot of friends for certain. But by him withdrawing he was killing all chance of a futures market. Banks don't like that. Most importantly he was taking that market from the financial lifes blood of this country. Oil men. Something seldom discussed with the conspiracy buff. The oil in Vietnam. They love to reference the depletion allowance I forget what it was called.

Anyway the book- http://www.voxfux.com/kennedy/farewell/farewell00.html

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 10:56 AM
https://ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-system/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

Watch the Nixon video in first link. Sound sort of familiar ?

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Now the scary thing is not actually the profits. Its what happens when we run out of oil . Our lives revolve around oil period. Heat, fuel, food, medicine, on and on. Oil is what made what we are today. There was a great documentary on Netflix and ****-it I forget the title.

Thankfully I don't think we are even close to running out. I think it is just another scare tactic psychological hypnodisc we watch on tv. Oh wow. We need alternative energy. Which actually needs oil made products to work. I know we can get it from soy farms. Well China has lots of man power but we use gas to get that oil out of soybeans here. From the field to the market. Petroleum !

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Guys please jump in. Add your perspective. Its all really history right ? What does history tech us about war the last century ? OIL.

A major reason Japan attacked us was because of our oil embargo on them. We took their life blood. You see its everyone's life blood. All countries do this but we get the press !

You know why we beat the Germans ? We starved them to death. In many way but the most critical was good luck getting oil fellows. Why do you think the Germans were in the middle east ? Could it be oil ? Their alternative energy supply aka synthetic oil could not keep up with the demands of war. You need to real deal fellows. Always have and likely always will.

You don't get this in High School history book. Maybe College economics may touch of this stuff . But just a touch.

Jimbo
09-07-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm no "expert", but TBH, I really don't think that China wants to have an actual war with the U.S. involving full-out military engagement. Only possibility I could imagine is if they would otherwise lose face big-time.

As for WW2, prior to Pearl Harbor, a very high percentage (majority?) of Americans did not want to go to war in Europe (understandably, after WWI). In fact, a LOT of Americans supported Hitler, including Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh, to name only a couple of big names. There was also a good-sized American Nazi Party. At the highest levels, the war in Europe wasn't for some noble purpose like the history books say it was.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 12:58 PM
They sure did Jimbo. Most of America supported Hitler until it was better business to not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NHytm-gUPA

Great film. One of the best endings ever.

boxerbilly
09-07-2016, 01:19 PM
The Movie The Big Short. Michael Burry played by Christian Bale.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/03/saudis-water-investment-america/

https://top5ofanything.com/list/575a978e/Countries-with-the-Most-Fresh-Water

So when people finally realize we have plenty of oil their sights may just be set on something more immediately imminent.

Most of the worlds fresh water is locked up in well, ICE. Its like shale oil. Costs more to get then it gives back. A problem with alternative energy.

You are looking at the major players in that top 5 list.

Brazil will likely side with the US for protection. Canada has Britain but relations have more or less been always good. We share banks after all.

boxerbilly
09-11-2016, 06:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXnUD2-joAc

https://chinachange.org/tag/stalin/

boxerbilly
09-11-2016, 07:00 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_B._Selden

boxerbilly
09-11-2016, 07:19 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Act_of_1947

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Sea

Prior to petroleum this- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_oil

boxerbilly
09-11-2016, 08:07 AM
American Civil War fought over slavery right ? Well you would be wrong. Not a real consideration until toward the end. Great propaganda.

A closer to the truth taxation. http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/06/war-over-slavery_rhetoric_is_i.html

But something that got pushed under the rug. Maybe my dyslexic brain connecting the dot.

the Civil War began 1861- http://www.nytimes.com/1862/01/08/news/the-whale-fishery-for-1861.html

The whaling industry came to a full stop. Those ships were major targets. Did you know the Confederate Navy's headquarters where in England ? I highlighted Americas Oil but please do not forget or dismiss British Petroleum which has stamps on everything too.-http://www.history.co.uk/shows/britains-oil-hunters/articles/history-of-british-oil

Enter kerosene-http://www.dailyclimate.org/tdc-newsroom/2014/03/whale-oil-myth

boxerbilly
09-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Revolutionary war- 1/6 of a barrel belongs to the Crown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Massachusetts

Edit- for those that took the time to follow along in the link about. Think back. Standard Oil. "Sell them the lamps and they will buy the oil. " Or burn tallow. Which was mostly replaced by spermaceti candles aka whale oil candles. You see they always find away to control the whole market as much as possible.

https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/m/mawer-trade.html

Could it be the one that controls to fuel controls the world ?

ONE WORLD FUEL

boxerbilly
09-11-2016, 10:26 AM
I could Segway into TREES but perhaps better for Genes publishing thread . Ill leave it lie. We did not go to war over a fcuking TEA TAX. British tea was CHEAP !!!

Anyway, don't look to American history, just ask Burma about British claim to their tress.

wolfen
09-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Obama has degraded the American Military by over 50 percent. He's spent the last seven years trying to destroy America's supremacy and destroy America as a nation state from both inside and out. . I think he did a pretty good job of it. . I won't bore everybody with the long list of things they already know.

The Chinese Generals are sure to be aware of this, political correctness is not part of their world and they can see our weakness there . . They just have to wait a while. If Reptillary becomes Prez, they just have to wait 6-18 months or whatever and then pick the bones. Hillary would even sell them the Pacific Fleet if they bid high enough lol.
They just have to wait. Why fight your enemy when they are committing suicide?

Admiral Lyons around min 8:25 discussing what Obama has done to the armed forces .. "They have destroyed unit cohesiveness , integrity and the will to win"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7N2lsCHD0

Cataphract
09-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Obama has degraded the American Military by over 50 percent. He's spent the last seven years trying to destroy America's supremacy and destroy America as a nation state from both inside and out. . I think he did a pretty good job of it. . I won't bore everybody with the long list of things they already know.

The Chinese Generals are sure to be aware of this, political correctness is not part of their world and they can see our weakness there . . They just have to wait a while. If Reptillary becomes Prez, they just have to wait 6-18 months or whatever and then pick the bones. Hillary would even sell them the Pacific Fleet if they bid high enough lol.

Admiral Lyons around min 8:25 discussing what Obama has done to the armed forces .. "They have destroyed unit cohesiveness , integrity and the will to win"

Chill, mate.

boxerbilly
09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHI8xwwpfd8

Hello Wolfen. I hope you continue to share. I loved that film as a boy.

I slightly disagree with Admiral Lyons. I'd take her with me any day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko in regards to females in combat. I agree with just about everything else he said.

wolfen
09-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Hello Wolfen. I hope you continue to share. I loved that film as a boy.

I slightly disagree with Admiral Lyons. I'd take her with me any day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko in regards to females in combat. I agree with just about everything else he said.Yeah, I dunno there are women in the IDF, but I don't have a great deal of expertise in this study.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTfkg90z4CA

33% of all IDF soldiers and 51% of its officers, in 2011,[7] fulfilling various roles within the Ground, Navy and Air Forces. The 2000 Equality amendment to the Military Service law states that "The right of women to serve in any role in the IDF is equal to the right of men."[3] As of now, 88% to 92%[8] of all roles in the IDF are open to female candidates, while women can be found in 69% of all positions.[1]
But those are difficult situations, total war and all. I'm sure there are problems. In an ongoing society women are child bearing and child rearing is part of the survival of the society.

Pretty Poison in the first Photo.
Second Photo I like the contrast , the casual atmosphere contrasted with the rifle at the ready.

sanjuro_ronin
09-13-2016, 04:38 AM
Women CAN be just as effective as soldiers in modern warfare as men.
Their training needs to be more intensive and men need to be trained to not view them as anything other than soldiers.
Past studies have shown that men get affected more when they see female dead on the battlefield and that they are more drive to protect them on a mission.
Some women can even make it in special forces.
The physical limitations that the typical woman has VS the typical male are obvious BUT they can be addressed.
What must NOT be done is LOWER the standards to allow women.
Any person that CAN do the job at the HIGHEST level, man or woman, should be allowed to.
The reality is that too many that can NOT do the job at the highest level are allowed because the government wants diversity.
That is not only wrong, it is stupid.

wolfen
09-13-2016, 07:15 AM
Chinese Generals have been threatening to nuke US for quite some time now.
It's a thing they do.
The General from 2005 later headed a military exchange delegation in Washington in 2013. Maybe it's the way they get promoted.

Chinese General Threatens Use of A-Bombs if U.S. Intrudes

By JOSEPH KAHNJULY 15, 2005

BEIJING, Friday, July 15 - China should use nuclear weapons against the United States if the American military intervenes in any conflict over Taiwan, a senior Chinese military official said Thursday.

"If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons," the official, Maj. Gen. Zhu Chenghu, said at an official briefing.

"As the Free Beacon’s Bill Gertz noted, however, Zhu was not the first top Chinese military official to suggest that the dictatorship in Beijing would use nuclear weapons against the United States. In 1995, another senior general, Xiong Guangkai, implied that the regime would nuke Los Angeles if the U.S. government decided to defend Taiwan during a conflict, as it is treaty-bound to do."
Chinese didn't have nukes til '64. MacArthur wanted to nuke Beijing in the '50's. It could have been a pre-emptive strike against Flower Pot Fu.

Jimbo
09-13-2016, 07:32 AM
Women CAN be just as effective as soldiers in modern warfare as men.
Their training needs to be more intensive and men need to be trained to not view them as anything other than soldiers.
Past studies have shown that men get affected more when they see female dead on the battlefield and that they are more drive to protect them on a mission.
Some women can even make it in special forces.
The physical limitations that the typical woman has VS the typical male are obvious BUT they can be addressed.
What must NOT be done is LOWER the standards to allow women.
Any person that CAN do the job at the HIGHEST level, man or woman, should be allowed to.
The reality is that too many that can NOT do the job at the highest level are allowed because the government wants diversity.
That is not only wrong, it is stupid.

Excellent post.

I will add that it'll most likely be extremely difficult to train a good percentage of male soldiers to see female soldiers as just soldiers. Much easier said than done, IMO. Whether that view comes from a benign perspective, (i.e., an overly protective instinct), or from a malignant perspective (such as potential sex objects). The numbers of rapes that occur in the military shows that we still have a long way to go in dealing with the latter issue.

Cataphract
09-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Chinese Generals have been threatening to nuke US for quite some time now.
It's a thing they do.

That strategy is called nuclear deterrence.

Chinese didn't have nukes til '64. MacArthur wanted to nuke Beijing in the '50's. It could have been a pre-emptive strike against Flower Pot Fu.
Generals LeMay and and Lemnitzer wanted preemptive nuclear strikes on Russia.

Cataphract
09-13-2016, 11:28 AM
I will add that it'll most likely be extremely difficult to train a good percentage of male soldiers to see female soldiers as just soldiers.

That doesn't seem to be a problem with the Peshmerga fighting IS. At least I haven't heard anything like that.

Jimbo
09-13-2016, 11:36 AM
That doesn't seem to be a problem with the Peshmerga fighting IS. At least I haven't heard anything like that.

I probably should have clarified; I was referring to the U.S. military.

sanjuro_ronin
09-14-2016, 05:19 AM
Excellent post.

I will add that it'll most likely be extremely difficult to train a good percentage of male soldiers to see female soldiers as just soldiers. Much easier said than done, IMO. Whether that view comes from a benign perspective, (i.e., an overly protective instinct), or from a malignant perspective (such as potential sex objects). The numbers of rapes that occur in the military shows that we still have a long way to go in dealing with the latter issue.

Indeed.
Throughout history we see women being able to be excellent warriors.
That said they are the minority and that simple fact must never be denied.
The Typical male can become a trained soldier far quicker and easier and be more effective than the typical female.
That is quite simply the way it is, period.
There are exceptions but that is what they are, exceptions.
Let's not forget that even the best female fighter has very little chance against a COMPARABLE male fighter.

Male either see a female as someone to protect or someone to ignore or someone to exploit.
The protection can be a "fatherly/brotherly" instinct or a sexual mate instinct.
The issue with rape in the military is a very complex one.

sanjuro_ronin
09-14-2016, 05:22 AM
I probably should have clarified; I was referring to the U.S. military.

Nah, it is pretty consistent across the board to one degree or another.
Remember, with the military, things can be portrayed to seem a certain way.
Of course in a culture where the military is comprised of qualified people, regardless of gender, it is different because everyone knows that everyone had to past the same tests and are all there because they qualified, equally.
In too many western military that is not the case though.

boxerbilly
09-14-2016, 06:49 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassily_Leontief

boxerbilly
09-14-2016, 09:28 AM
https://vimeo.com/66368428

Anyway, have fun.

boxerbilly
09-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Last thing- refer back to post 19

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=82426

GeneChing
09-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Struck a nerve with this one, huh?

WORLD
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/shutterstock_113147629.jpg
SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
WORLD WAR 3 ALERT: RUSSIA, CHINA, NORTH KOREA, OTHERS PUSHING WORLD TO BRINK OF ANOTHER GLOBAL CONFLICT (http://www.inquisitr.com/3511713/world-war-3-alert-russia-china-north-korea-others-pushing-world-to-brink-of-another-global-conflict/?utm_campaign=feed%3a+google%2fydyq+%28the+inquisi tr+-+news%29&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner)
NORMAN BYRD

Experts believe that the current state of tensions between various major powers on the world stage has brought the planet closer to World War 3 than it has been in over five decades. That time frame would include the harrowing Cuban Missile Crisis of October 1962, where the world’s foremost superpowers, the United States and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (the Soviet Union), had a showdown over the placement of ballistic missiles in Cuba by the Soviet Union. That confrontation lasted 13 days but ended with the Soviets pulling the missiles out of the island nation in the Caribbean. But now the world again appears to be precariously perched on the precipice of global conflict, with just one military, political and/or diplomatic mistake separating adversarial nations from global conflict.

In an extensive report on the looming threat of World War 3 last week, The Sun revealed that not only could the entire world be hurled into a devastating multinational war due to some trigger incident in extremely tense regions like Ukraine and eastern Europe, where tensions between the U.S.-backed North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) countries and the Russian Federation (today’s version of the minimally larger Soviet Union), have escalated in the last few years (and intensified in the past few months, as the Inquistr has reported), but also in areas like the South China Sea (where China’s naval encroachments in the region have Pacific nations on edge) and the Korean peninsula (where recent missile tests by North Korea has earned a show of force by the United States). Additionally, as experts explained, there are other players on that world stage — Pakistan, India, Iran, the Islamic State terrorist caliphate, or an as yet undetermined rogue state — that could send an unsteady world into an escalating war that would eventually involve multiple parties and threaten World War 3 and, perhaps, even a nuclear strike or exchange.

Britain’s Admiral (Ret.) Lord West, told The Sun, “Basically none of us know what is going to happen but we are in a more dangerous, chaotic and unpredictable time than any other in my 50 years in the force.”

Admiral Lord West offered a vision of a United Kingdom-less European Union that could spiral into dissolution, causing untold devastating economic chaos amongst its current members, making the region ripe for political turmoil and even potential realignments of allegiances, not to mention military intervention by opportunistic states (like, for instance, the Russian Federation moving into the Baltic States or some other eastern European nation along its extensive western border.

“I can see bits of Europe breaking up and when Europe gets into a mess,” Lord West said, “twice in the past we’ve had to go in there and clear it up with immense loss of blood and lives.”

The one common denominator in all the various potential scenarios leading to conflict (except for possibly a nuclear exchange that could potentially occur between the adversarial states of India and Pakistan) is the supporting or dominant role the United States plays. Whether it be through various alliances like the mutual defense pact with NATO or with South Korea and Japan, the presence of the U.S. as a major supporting player — and an ally if war were to break out — is a tempering agent that undoubtedly prevents nations like Russia, China, and North Korea from engaging in little more than military rearmament, posturing (through tests, drills and exercises) and aggressive rhetoric.

Besides the major players’ or their proxy organizations’ possible involvement in what could be a World War 3 trigger, there is also the chance that a confrontation between world powers, or smaller powers aligned with the world powers, could lead to a major conflagration. The current multi-state, multi-coalition set of conflicts ongoing in Syria and Iraq are an example of a precarious situation where a military mistake could quickly escalate into a serious problem between many parties.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/53c90ea5ecad04170b7ee562-840-579/db%20geo%20political%20hotspots.jpg

Future war expert Peter W. Singer wrote in The Daily Telegraph last year warning of the possibility of a minor incident or accident starting World War 3.

“As in the past, it is perfectly possible that a third world war could start with a small event, or even by accident.”
He further explained.

“One of the many Russian bomber planes now probing NATO’s borders could collide with an RAF [Royal Air Force] Typhoon, prompting an aerial skirmish the likes of which the world has not seen for decades. Indeed, the skies over Syria are starting to get dangerously crowded, with Russian jets flying near US planes on bombing runs, and sparring with NATO air defences in neighbouring Turkey.”

Back in November, such an incident occurred when a Russian bomber was shot down by a Turkish jet when it entered Turkey’s airspace and failed to heed numerous warnings to leave the area. Although tension mounted between Russia and Turkey (Russia having denied its aircraft had entered Turkish territory), as was reported by The Independent, the incident never got beyond the political and diplomatic sniping and the repositioning of Russian naval forces.

As the Inquistr reported last month, Iranian involvement with Russia in Syria and the Middle Eastern nation’s current escalation of naval harassment incidents against the U.S. Navy have become worrisome. Some, like former GOP congressman and retired Army Lt. Col. Allen West, believe that the elements for World War 3 are already in place in war-ravaged Syria.

Then there’s the fear of a politically unstable nation like Pakistan, which has a nuclear arsenal, being run one day by religious or politically motivated fanatics who wouldn’t hesitate to use the nuclear weapons at their disposal. There is also the continuing fear that North Korea’s constant bellicosity towards South Korea and the United States will one day become an open act of war, perhaps through the use of North Korea’s own cache of nuclear weapons. Lastly, there are nations like Iran and terrorist organizations like al-Qaeda, not to mention quasi-states like ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria), that could develop (as in the case of Iran) or acquire nuclear weapons somehow and employ them in an attack that could precipitate conditions conducive to World War 3.

So can the involved nations pull themselves back from the brink of a multi-nation conflict? Thus far, they’ve been able to avoid a clash that might become a reason for war, satisfying themselves with proxy skirmishes and sabre-rattling. But experts agree that there are many areas of contention in the world, each of them holding the potential to ignite into what could become World War 3 at any given moment.

[Featured Image by Mopic/Shutterstock]

Cataphract
09-15-2016, 11:37 AM
If the nuclear winter theory is right, even a local war with nukes e.g. between Pakistan and India with their relatively small arsenals could prove fatal to America. A conventional war between America and China would hurt the to the globalized economy to such an degree that it would make the great depression look like a picnic (and bring Iphone production to a grinding halt :p ).

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Well Russia essentially handed us our victory in the American Civil War and WW2 Japan. The Japanese did not surrender because of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
Russia showed up both places.

You don't want to be around when the blast happens but find some pics of Hiroshima circa 1960's. Thriving today. Nukes are for the most part bad antiwar threats. Like chemwar and superguns. Scares the people real good though.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 01:30 PM
This sums it up well- https://www.quora.com/Why-is-an-exploding-nuclear-power-station-more-dangerous-than-a-nuclear-bomb

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Some perspective. A megaton nuke has a kill radius of about 5 miles. You will have survivors inside that 4-5th mile. Maybe some lucky few even closer. Youll have an area that for a week or so youll be better to not want to go within 8 miles of. We will because we will get survivors. Suit up Timmy, you going into the hot zone. It will be hot.

But the actually completely gone area meaning big hole will be about 2 miles.

The US is 3.806 million mi². Even if we got hit by all of them we will still have loads of clean areas. Cities will be gone at least the ones we can see. Mil and Gov have underground cities to keep going. Select citizens will also be in there. Topsiders will have to make it with them old hillbilly ways we don't remember. LOL.

Don't worry there will be plenty of places to scavange.

Besides, it will never happen !

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Sorry I have to make funny. Timmy Nagasaki was a boy of 10 when he was witness to Fat Man and was inside the zone. Mr. Nagasaki now has cancer related to that war. Mr. Nagasaki turned 81 last week. Hmmm ? Poor guy got nuke cancer and somehow lived to a ripe old age. Those tricky Japanese. Got to keep an eye on them. Timmy America would have died of cancer within days if he was there. Most be the Miso ,soy and saki. Or it just takes a lifetime to die from that fallout.

Cataphract
09-15-2016, 02:38 PM
The problem on a global scale is not the devastation or fallout. The smoke and soot from burning cities would let temperatures drop and crop yields fail according to some models .

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 02:50 PM
The problem on a global scale is not the devastation or fallout. The smoke and soot from burning cities would let temperatures drop and crop yields fail according to some models .

Quick search. About 15,000 nuclear weapons worldwide. They don't all have that radius. Lest say they do. 2 miles times 15,000 is 30,000 miles. GONE ! Well really big deep holes that may one day be useful ? Lets get real creative. FULL 8. 120 THOUSAND SQUARE MILES GONE ! That is A LOT. But wait, we have 57.506 million sq mi of land worldwide. The smoke they dust. Not all will detonate on impact some blow high. Beside, its a bad model. We are not talking about a 5 mile long space rock hitting us which would cause total devestation and will cause that scenario the theorist suggest we could some how achieve with or much weaker nukes and smaller impact nukes.

Its a con job to keep mil dollars flowing which we do need. For other reason. The military is very needed. Period.

Yes nukes are devastating but not at the levels they project. Gloom and doom scientist working for green peace and such. Yes if they all went off civilization top side is gone. Millions gone. But millions will live and survive. There will be so much still topside. Yes, we can find clean ground. The sky will still be visable. Not everywhere but it will dissipate as time goes by. The planet will heal itself. We will find places to thrive in a 18 century sort of way. Heck there will likely be places that still have power topside.

Anyway, dink the water and die in 60+ years or don't drink and dies in 3 days.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Ive read way to much in my life and tv docu and youtube and sadly or maybe not I have massive recall. It makes me question everything when things just don't seem congruent to other things, often seemingly unrelated go pop,pop,pop .

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fukushima-water-fallout/

http://www-naweb.iaea.org/nafa/faqs-food-agriculture.html

I think we have a Hollywood sort of vision and along come some fear scientist and well you already saw the visual. Yet, Japan is still there. Heck, So is Hiroshima ? How can that be ? 1000's of years. Nope nukes don't work that way. Reactors maybe.

Cataphract
09-15-2016, 03:30 PM
A regional nuclear war between India and Pakistan could decrease global surface temperature by 1°C–2°C for 5–10 years and have major impacts on precipitation and solar radiation reaching Earth's surface. Using a crop simulation model forced by three global climate model simulations, we investigate the impacts on agricultural production in China, the largest grain producer in the world. In the first year after the regional nuclear war, a cooler, drier, and darker environment would reduce annual rice production by 30 megaton (Mt) (29%), maize production by 36 Mt (20%), and wheat production by 23 Mt (53%). With different agriculture management—no irrigation, auto irrigation, 200 kg/ha nitrogen fertilizer, and 10 days delayed planting date—simulated national crop production reduces 16%–26% for rice, 9%–20% for maize, and 32%–43% for wheat during 5 years after the nuclear war event. This reduction of food availability would continue, with gradually decreasing amplitude, for more than a decade. Assuming these impacts are indicative of those in other major grain producers, a nuclear war using much less than 1% of the current global arsenal could produce a global food crisis and put a billion people at risk of famine.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2014EF000283/abstract

Maybe its doom and gloom paid for by Greenpeace. Maybe not. Honestly, I don't think there is a problem in the world that could be solved with nukes.

Jimbo
09-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Sorry I have to make funny. Timmy Nagasaki was a boy of 10 when he was witness to Fat Man and was inside the zone. Mr. Nagasaki now has cancer related to that war. Mr. Nagasaki turned 81 last week. Hmmm ? Poor guy got nuke cancer and somehow lived to a ripe old age. Those tricky Japanese. Got to keep an eye on them. Timmy America would have died of cancer within days if he was there. Most be the Miso ,soy and saki. Or it just takes a lifetime to die from that fallout.

But how was his quality of life, health-wise, over the past 71 years?

On a different note, I would have far more concern about ISIS or similar getting their hands on nukes than a military threat from Russia or China. Because these groups don't give a **** about anyone or anything, and in their minds there are no negative consequences (for themselves) for their actions.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Jimbo, that's a good question. And I think that would depend on how much he made. People don't live with cancer 60+ years. I think its acts sort of like prostrate cancer for most. You likely die of old age before it cause issues or outright kills you. But, life may suck once it is full blown.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7917541

Lets say he got lung cancer. Japan also peaked out at almost 50 percent smokers at 1966. Was it the radiation. The smokes ( side note cigarette are a natural way to localize high levels of naturally occurring radiation into the lungs and blood vessels) a combination of both ?

Was cancers potentially caused by lead- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3493634/

mercury, bromines, fossil fuel exposure just keep adding. Certain I agree those things could have a massive cumulative effect especially having been inside the zone. But not every got cancer in Hiroshima. In fact, most did not. Of course some don't go to doctor maybe and who knows about autopsy protocol in those areas? So it is a guess.

Point being Japan aint really hurting. But I bet more than a few would like to return the gift that maybe keeps on giving. I don't blame them that.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 04:10 PM
How often were the willing survivors of those places being xrayed ? How much radiation did our xray machines give back then ?

So many variables. What happened sucks. But we immediately think, its the nuke. Most people that survived and died likely from burns and heat exposure. So within a couple of days to years. The cancer victims one could say were lucky ?

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Guys I understand this is highly sensitive. Some may have family survivors from there then. Im am simply trying to be practical and unemotional about it to think critical. Yes I did make light of the 80 year old guy with cancer but that was to highlight you are likely to live very very long from being exposed.

Sorry, some may have missed another point. How long did it take to rebuild those places ? Hoe long did it take to rebuild say London after the war ? Around the same amount of time. One was cumulative destruction over many years. One was instant. Also, what was the pre war cancer rate in London and after ? I don't know but I bet it rose. Cigarettes will be blamed because almost globally woman began to smoke at much higher rates. Increasing the potential and skewing the results. But think about all the dust and fossil fuel and lead and all that crap. How close are the ratios to one another ?

Actually that may be a bad comparison. Turn of the century London air was filthy. It could skew results. Ive read stories people literally could not see the sky. London had a sort of nuclear winter in that regard.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 04:51 PM
I just know some will not even look so here-click- https://www.google.com/search?q=turn+of+the+century+london+air&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTo9joyZLPAhUEKCYKHeUOAYcQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=622

Jimbo
09-15-2016, 05:26 PM
In the late 1850s, London had 'The Great Stink' which was nasty. I'm about to eat dinner, so I won't go into it.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 06:00 PM
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2014EF000283/abstract

Maybe its doom and gloom paid for by Greenpeace. Maybe not. Honestly, I don't think there is a problem in the world that could be solved with nukes.

I missed this post. Predictions based on calculations of theory. But we have 2 places of actual measure in many regards. Lets not forget the testing. 1,054 nuclear tests according to wiki. They could be wrong. We should all be DEAD ! Yet, life goes on. Crops grow fine. Water when treated is drinkable. Chlorea , disintary, botulism ,etc will seems capable of dropping one dead and painfully quick compared to fall out disease. That's why we treat it.

Tell a lie long enough and it becomes the truth. Im not saying these scientists or staticians think they are wrong. They may very well believe what they figure. I don't. I think they are wrong mathematically and I suck at math. I also try and find as comparable RESULTS as possible. Plus, theres loads of scientist that disagree too. So, refer to them. Im just a dullard posting on KFMF. I cant grow corn. I cant raise sheep. I don't know how to cure meat. I don't hunt. I can sew a tear but why ? So, hopefully im at ground zero and Ill let the survivors have a go at it.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 06:13 PM
In fact. I want to publicly state for all time. That I now believe Nuclear Warfare and testing has increased life expectancy and caused a population growth and food supplies unheard of at any other time !

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Am I wrong ?

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlE1BdOAfVc

All these Timmy-s die 3 minutes later from cancer.

Okay okay it was only a 2kiloton nuke. It takes 3 minutes ! They may have passed if it was Tsar Bomba. But I don't think anyone has that. Very expensive. Cancers deaths in 2.3 seconds.

boxerbilly
09-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Okay, so now lets get back to facts. Refer back to MightyB's fabulous post. I hope I got the B right. I confuse the 2 B's. I am sorry. We also have long range defense too. So most of those missels will be air pops of a much higher output. Yes the fall out. Funny I just had a thought. Cancer rates rose after the testing world wide yet we smoked as much or more way back when. Maybe they just missed it back then ? Lets blame the smokes. LOL. LONG RANGE CANCER RISKS EXIST. Immediate radiation deaths happen in hours to days.

Like I said it will never happen. We got defense and a hell of a lot more offence. Russia and the US managed to avoid seeing who was better. China will too.
Its games. It scares the peoples into obedience. They owed Bill a favor.

Don't forget the nukes need to be armed so they will implode. If they don't implode or asymeterical implode. You get much less output. You will still have fall out but it will be contained mostly to the area below.

Cataphract
09-16-2016, 01:00 AM
Am I wrong ?

Maybe. Here is an interesting article about effects of surface testing on baby boomers.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samuel-s-epstein/atomic-bomb-did-the-atom_b_797822.html

More than $2 billion have been paid as compensation for those effected by the tests.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_Exposure_Compensation_Act

boxerbilly
09-16-2016, 07:29 AM
Maybe. Here is an interesting article about effects of surface testing on baby boomers.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samuel-s-epstein/atomic-bomb-did-the-atom_b_797822.html

More than $2 billion have been paid as compensation for those effected by the tests.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_Exposure_Compensation_Act

It was a joke. But someone could do the math and prove it so.

A nuclear bomb is no joke. A full scale nuclear was is. Even then, I disagree with their world decimation theory. ****roaches have major competition. Humans.

By the way everyone. Those soldiers at ground zero all but one last check are alive. These are guys that spent far to much time in close proximity of blasts.

Its Warcraft. People die. People get side effects from many things we use. Few find it pleasant.

boxerbilly
09-16-2016, 08:16 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Now lets say nuclear winter happens. Almost everything we read which is in my opinion useless gets the math wrong. MILLIONS DIE. Or they actually got the math right and are hoping people don't do some simple adding and subtraction.

7.4 billion humans currently breathing.

So is that the .4 or the 7 we need to worry about ? But we will all get cancer and only live into our 80's and 90's if I use the life expectancy of the average exposed individuals and or just that of the guys that monkeyed around with this stuff for 30-40 years of their life and factor out all other known causes of cancer.

NOPE, Im so sure id bet my lot . We will still be here.

boxerbilly
09-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Make sure we don't tell anyone we have stock piles of food just in case. Tell them we don't have enough food and that we cant even keep up with todays current rate of consumption worldwide which is actually a simple math equation. Timmy goes to market with 1 dollar in hand. Everything in the market is priced so after Timmy owes 1.7 dollars. How much food does Timmy go home with ? Might be why these starving country's don't have enough food. But lets call it food shortage and show pics of poor children worldwide with a rice kernel stuck in the corner of their mouth with a big grin on a 35 pound body.

We likely have enough food to ride out the darkness but many may end up looking like that poor kid when the sun shines again. Be one way to end obesity Id guess.

boxerbilly
09-16-2016, 09:17 AM
http://www.oxfam.ca/there-enough-food-feed-world

The problem is that many people in the world don’t have sufficient land to grow, or INCOME TO PURCHASE, enough food.( The whole problem is in the question.
You land sucks. You are short .7 dollars. Not enough food my friend. The pics makes you go emotional and you forget about the math. Reasoning skills go right of the window. Now its a simple matter of me telling you what the result is and you will be blind to actual facts even if showed and explained. That pic is stuck in your head with the approved answer.?

https://www.wfp.org/hunger/faqs

There is enough food in the world today for everyone to have the nourishment necessary for a healthy and productive life.

So, you want our food. What can you produce in trade ?

You see for just the price of a cup of coffee. Zimbe can eat an entire day. Rice all the time sucks! For the the cost of everything you earn. Zimbe can live just like you. Oh they forgot to tell you that part. Human carelessness ? Care to give Zimbe everything you earn ?

GeneChing
10-05-2016, 01:20 PM
More grist for this mill....

World War Three will be 'extremely lethal and fast': US Army bosses reveal what could happen if the US took on Russia or China (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3823741/World-War-3-extremely-lethal-fast-Army-bosses-reveal-happen-took-Russia-China.html)

Say smart weapons and artificial intelligence would change pace of war
A 'modern nation-states acting aggressively' the likely enemy
Warn war between nation states in the future 'is almost guaranteed'

By MARK PRIGG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 11:17 EST, 5 October 2016 | UPDATED: 13:41 EST, 5 October 2016

It is a chilling vision of war - and one unlike any other ever fought.
US military bosses have revealed their predictions for a major conflict, and say war between nation states at some point in the future 'is almost guaranteed'.
Artificial intelligence and smart weapons would be at the fore - with a 'modern nation-states acting aggressively' the likely enemy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/05/17/005F2120000004B0-3823741-image-a-4_1475683662669.jpg
Artificial intelligence and smart weapons would be at the fore - with a 'modern nation-states acting aggressively' the likely enemy, Army bosses have revealed.

'A conventional conflict in the near future will be extremely lethal and fast, and we will not own the stopwatch,' said Maj. Gen. William Hix on a future-of-the-Army panel at the annual meeting of the Association of the U.S. Army in Washington, according to Defence One.
'The speed of events are likely to strain our human abilities,' Hix said.
'The speed at which machines can make decisions in the far future is likely to challenge our ability to cope, demanding a new relationship between man and machine.'
China and Russia are both mustering conventionally massive militaries that are increasingly technological — and forcing the Pentagon to contemplate and prepare for 'violence on the scale that the U.S. Army has not seen since Korea,' said Hix
Lt. Gen. Joseph Anderson, Army deputy chief of staff for operations, plans, and training said the US faces threats from 'modern nation-states acting aggressively in militarized competition.'
'Who does that sound like? Russia?' he said.
War between nation states at some point in the future 'is almost guaranteed,' said Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley at the same event.
Future adversaries could end the air superiority the U.S. Air Force has provided since the Korean War, Milley said, and anti-access, area-denial capabilities could prevent the Navy from getting to the fight, he warned.
So 'land forces will have to enable sea forces,' and the Army 'is definitely going to have to dominate the air above our battle space,' he said.
Milley said the Army also must be prepared to engage in cyber warfare, operate without the space-based communications and precision navigation it has taken for granted, and fight in a complex urban setting.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/05/17/1BEE46D200000578-3823741-image-m-3_1475683568899.jpg
Lt. Gen. Joseph Anderson, Army deputy chief of staff for operations, plans, and training said the US faces threats from 'modern nation-states acting aggressively in militarized competition,'

Milley cited a long list of 'fundamental changes' confronting the nation and the Army, including the renewed threat from Russia, the growing economic power and military strength of China, an expanding number of fragile nation states, and climate change that could lead to more instability.
'While we're ready now, we are being challenged,' he said.
If the aim is to deter war, 'our Army and our nation must be ready.'
The Army's future weapons will also need to be better designed, Katharina McFarland, acting assistant Army secretary for acquisition, logistics, and technology said.
'You travel all over the world, don't you?' McFarland asked the gathered audience of soldiers, Army civilians, and industry reps.
'You can pretty much get in a car anywhere and drive it.'
'As an engineer, I think in terms of a simple interface — no matter what helicopter, you can get in and operate it.'

Cataphract
10-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -- A. Einstein