PDA

View Full Version : hahahaha

uki
12-26-2016, 06:12 PM
people still talking about the McMA?? LOL :rolleyes:

Jimbo
12-27-2016, 09:30 AM
What's wrong with it?

MMA/BJJ and its other associated arts are the most popular and sought-after MA training (among young adults at least) at this point in time. The city I live in is an MMA mecca; there are gyms all over the place, and many professionals including name UFC fighters, train at/teach out of them. OTOH, the non-MMA MA schools are very low-key and quiet. Even Kenpo, which used to be king in this area up through the 1990s. And the TKD/karate I see now is mostly kids.

Even though MMA is no longer constantly on free TV every single night like it was for a while, I don't see any sign of its popularity slowing down or going away. I personally don't practice sport MMA, and I seldom watch it anymore except for certain occasions/certain fighters. But I don't see a problem with it, as long as people are taught to be respectful of others. I know of several TMA schools where the attitudes of the teachers/students are generally arrogant, so MMA itself is not really the problem there. Several years ago, I trained at a BJJ academy for a year for the experience, and the teacher and students' attitudes there were generally friendlier and more down-to-earth than a lot of the TCMA people I've met.

SoCo KungFu
01-10-2017, 09:34 AM
people still talking about the McMA?? LOL :rolleyes:

This coming from the guy that practices from books out in the woods to "rip people's jaws off" and believes he's evolving into a crystal?