PDA

View Full Version : Extendable Baton

xingyiman
11-04-2001, 08:45 PM
Does anyone here on the forum own one of these?? What are your opinions of them as a self defense weapon?? Any experiences using them? How legal are they, I noticed that they can't be shipped to New York, Massachusetts, or California.

Here is as example from the martialartsmart here: http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/19-01.html

Stranger
11-04-2001, 08:55 PM
They are legal in some states and illegal in others.

ASP and Monadnock are the two main brands.

They definitely "work" as a self-defense weapon. In addition to their physical qualities as a weapon, there is the extra psychological element of suprisingly whipping the ASP out. It has that immediate shock which is essential for turning the tide in an ambush situation. You go from victim to armed opponent in a blink, and in that pause/moment of confusion within the BG, YOU take the initiative to attack or withdraw.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Sharky
11-04-2001, 09:07 PM
HuhHUhhhhuHUHhUhHUHUuhHUhHUHuhHUhUhuhHUHUHHHhhhhHU Huhuhuhhuhuh

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Stranger
11-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Take cover, it sounds like Sharky is about to jizz! :eek:

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Budokan
11-04-2001, 09:23 PM
They provide decent subdual damage. They're also good for smashing patellas and bridges of nose...

Sharky, man, are you finshed yet?

K. Mark Hoover

Sharky
11-04-2001, 09:26 PM
Too late, i was finished ages ago :(

yenhoi
11-04-2001, 09:34 PM
Remember, that when you suddenly whip out a baton, you have drastically escalated the encounter - if the enemy(s) dont already have displayed weapons.

However, against multiple street opponents, give yourself every chance to win.

Odds are if you need a baton you will die.

strike!

Sharky
11-04-2001, 09:36 PM
That's not true.

Godzilla
11-04-2001, 10:09 PM
I have something like this. Too heavy to carry in a pocket. Got all greasy feeling in my hand after a while (maybe me?). Thought if I whipped it out during a confrontation it might be too easy to grab and pull from my grip. Then they might use it on me! Decided to leave it in a draw – at grandma’s house.

Godzilla

PS. My kubaton is on my dresser somewhere.

Budokan
11-04-2001, 10:18 PM
I have an extenable baton. ;)

K. Mark Hoover

Badger
11-04-2001, 10:21 PM
That's more like a kubotan only smaller...... :p

Badger

Support The Economy. Buy A Gun.

Godzilla
11-04-2001, 10:25 PM
She is lovely. I saw her uniform in a paper bag by her desk and asked about her training. We got up and lightly sparred.

I wanted to hand her my baton.

But I didn’t.

Godzilla

Budokan
11-04-2001, 10:30 PM
LOL! @ Badger

K. Mark Hoover