PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with me?

sniper
11-24-2001, 07:19 AM
Everytime I get done working out hard my hands start to shake. It usually lasts for about 15-30 min. after a workout. It also seems to get worse if I try to pick up something at a certain angle, like drinking a glass of water or something. Is this normal? If not, then can anyone give me some pointers on how I can control this?
Thanks.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-24-2001, 08:17 AM
i bet you caught the aids

where's my beer?

Xebsball
11-24-2001, 09:10 AM
GDA, lol.

Shaking only happens to me if i do too much push ups (i mean really a lot).
This could also be some disturbing thing on your chi flow (im serius here)...

----------------------------
You brake my elbow i put your face in s.hit! HA HA HA, how about that, HA HA!

IronFist
11-24-2001, 09:48 AM
Are you taking anything? Ephedra containing products can give people the shakes (xenodrine, thermodrene, dymetadrine, ripped fuel, etc.). Or caffiene. Perhaps it's not your workout, but what you're taking before your workout?

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

Sharky
11-24-2001, 10:05 AM
LOL

GDA is the ****IN MAN.

Anyway just happens when you work out to near exhaustion

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

bearpaw
11-24-2001, 01:41 PM
muscle fatigue

sniper
11-24-2001, 10:21 PM
Okay, thanks. That is pretty much what I have been told by others, just wanted to get a few more opinions. Makes sense, because I do have a lot of push-ups in my work out. The shaking isn't really that big a deal, but It'll be a pain in the a$$ if I ever want to put together a model.
:D

prana
11-25-2001, 02:19 AM
hmm guys I am curious,

Could this also be a sign of over-training ?
Perhaps lack of salts ?

thumper
11-25-2001, 05:24 AM
hmm, why would you say lack of salt? on a side note, i do know that celery (high salt) juice is good for the muscles and joints, but not why.

'either you like reincarnation or the smell of carnations'

IronFist
11-25-2001, 05:42 AM
Dude I was also thinking the salt thing, but I assumed it would be unlikely so didn't mention it.

Salts and stuff like Potassium prevent cramping. Maybe it's related?

I dunno.

Since you didn't answer, assume that if you're taking an ECA it's causing your shakiness.

Iron

Xebsball
11-25-2001, 06:11 AM
Try eating bananas, they have potassium. You can see Gustavo "Guga" Kuerten eating bananas during some of his tennis games.

----------------------------
You brake my elbow i put your face in s.hit! HA HA HA, how about that, HA HA!
http://www.systemofadown.com/images/blurb3.jpg

sniper
11-25-2001, 06:40 AM
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that question, sorry. I don't take any kind of supplements or energy boosters or anything of that sort. Only multivitamins, and them only when I think about it. My diet is pretty, well, all over the place. I do eat a lot of junk food, but I don't over do it. Salt? Well, I learned my lesson about salt when I went through Marine boot camp.
At the end there is a several-day-long phase called the Crucible, where you get minimal sleep and minimal food but plenty of stress. The only salt that we got came in a small packet with the meal, and we were supposed to pour the salt into our canteens of water. Well, it tasted too nasty for me, so I didn't do it, and after a day or two, just about everything I did made something cramp up. Let me tell you, it is pretty hard to drag a casualty around when every muscle in your body wants to contract at the same time. So I make sure to get plenty of salt now.
As for overexhaustion, I guess that is all that it could be...but I would like to hear more about how it might be my chi being out of whack.
I appreciate the insights.
-sniper

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 08:08 AM
you asked, now prepare to have forty different people give you forty different answers.

1. water. most important thing next to breathing. even more important than hugs from mom. get at least half a gallon per day (two litres), more on training days
2. multivitamin - something with lots of c and a spiffy b-complex is most important. if you're a male (stating this for EVERYONE here), avoid anything with iron in it. guys don't lose a decent amount of blood every month (unless they teach wood shop), and unused iron has a nice habit of accumulating in nasty areas, such as the base of your spine.
3. creatine. personal opinion here, but i've never heard anything bad about creatine outside of third-hand stories like the one my ex pawned off on me (you shouldn't take creatine because this guy i work with to me his doctor said it was the cause of his stomach problems and that it was giving him ulcers). read up on creatine, how to take it, its benefits, etc. and make sure you distinguish between creatine and it's two biggest objects of confusion - creatinine (notice the spelling difference) and andro. andro is a hormone, creatine is an amino acid.

-rtb

nospam
11-25-2001, 03:41 PM
What do you mean by workout?

Is that MA related or weight lifting?

If it is from weightlifting, then I would agree with the muscle fatique diagnosis. If you are doing just MA training, then it deoends on what exercises you are performing.

Define your workout.

Regarding supplements, waste of time besides your multivitimins. Save your money for more junk food :-)

nospam.

shaolinboxer
11-25-2001, 06:58 PM
I have experienced muscle quivers myself. Usually, it is a sign of overexertion.

IronFist
11-25-2001, 11:18 PM
Plain old andro(stenedione) is gay. In fact, with all the increased estrogen you get from taking it, you may even find yourself attracted to MEN! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GAY!!!!

Iron

Satanachia
11-28-2001, 11:20 AM
It depends on what your "work-out" is.

Basically it happens when you train or push a muscle or body part to near exaustion. So if you do lost of pushups or something, and feel tired afterwards, its purely natural for your arms or hands to shake.

Also, if your boxing/punching and actually hit things, you'll find that your hands will especially shake if you haven't done it much before, or after quite alot of them.

In our class people's hands always tend to shake after we do our rounds.

Perfectly natural. Although it does tend to point that your being pushed to your limits :D