PDA

View Full Version : Kettlebell training

SevenStar
11-26-2001, 03:40 AM
anyone here do it? How is it working for you?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Ford Prefect
11-26-2001, 05:43 PM
I did for a bit. Not all it's cracked up to be in my opinion.

sultanpro
11-26-2001, 07:48 PM
What is it??

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

IronFist
11-26-2001, 08:37 PM
The people on dragondoor.com's forum seem to think it's the greatest thing ever. I've never done it.

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

Ford Prefect
11-28-2001, 05:48 PM
Yeah, a lot of those people are Pavel T jockriders though. I like a lot of Pavel's work, but the kettlebells were a waste of my time and money. Much more inexpensive ways to get better results than buying a $40 book/video and $100 kb's. Power to the People is pretty good though.

Kristoffer
11-28-2001, 06:15 PM
WHAT THE **** IS KETTLEBELL TRAINING?

aswer it already!

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

SevenStar
11-28-2001, 08:25 PM
It's an ancient russian method of developing awesome chi. From what I hear, masters of it are evern capable of chi blasts.

" - nightair

Mr. Nemo
11-28-2001, 10:19 PM
Kristoffer: Kettlebells are weights. They look kinda like half of a dumbbell...but not really. You lift them in various ways, that's kettlebell training. To see what they look like, go to www.dragondoor.com (http://www.dragondoor.com) and follow links that say "kettlebell"

Has anyone tried kettlebell workouts with normal dumbbells? With what kind of success?

SevenStar
11-29-2001, 05:02 AM
coincidentally, this month's issue of muscle media (which pavel writes a monthly column for) outlines a modified kettlebell program with dumbells.

" - nightair