PDA

View Full Version : Creatine-Ironfist- Sevenstar.-anyone

Shaolin36
11-27-2001, 06:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if Creatine loses its potency/integrity if it has been sitting on your shelf opened(meaning used but the top is screwed on)for about 1-1/2 years. Is it safe to take.
It is EAS Phosphagain grape flavored high potency creatine release system.
Thanks in advance.

Shaolin36

hkphooey
11-27-2001, 06:51 PM
1 1/2 years??? i wouldn't take it. i'm not exactly sure when it begins to break down, but that's a long time.

Shaolin36
11-27-2001, 10:12 PM
come on Ironfist-hit me with it-dont be shy.

SevenStar
11-27-2001, 11:00 PM
Toss it dude. Creatine powder has a shelf life of 9-12 months. There is something called creatine serum that's supposed to keep for two years. I'll try to find a link about it.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

IronFist
11-27-2001, 11:59 PM
Shaolin36, sorry dude I've never used Creatine I don't know about it's shelflife. I gaurantee you the people at Anabolicextreme.com's message board would have an exact answer for you, though.

I'd toss it, personally.

Stay away from Creatine Serum.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

Shaolin36
11-28-2001, 12:26 AM
Ok-welp, there's another 40$ down the tube.

As always,Thank you gentlemen.

Shaolin36

SevenStar
11-28-2001, 04:22 AM
I've never tried serum...why do you say stay away?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

PHILBERT
11-28-2001, 05:57 AM
Supposedly the serum does not contain as much creatine, plus it is like unhealthy (do a search on the forums for creatine, there was this huge topic some time ago about it.) But I've heard several times from several sites to stay the heck away from it.

PHILBERT

ElPietro
11-28-2001, 08:59 PM
The reason you stay away from it is because there is almost 0% creatine in it. When it's manufacture it IS creatine but creatine isn't stable in liquid form and degenerates quickly into creatnine which is a byproduct.

Don't believe any marketing where they say that the new formula is stable because it 99% isn't. I believe ATP came out with the last one claiming that and then independant tests showed that less than 2% of the serum was actually creatine.

Use powder...it's cheaper and it works.

Shaolin36
11-28-2001, 09:16 PM
EL Pietro, I am reading nothing but goo dstuff on the serum, of course it is not independant study. Does anyone have a link of an independant study done.
The makers make the Sh** sound like its holy or somethin.

Shaolin36

SolarStance
11-28-2001, 10:03 PM
I used the serum for a little while with some success, however, I did notice that after a while my knees, elbows, and jaw (TMJ) started making crackling noises that got progressively worse the more I used it, so I stopped. After a week or so without taking any, my parts went back to their old and quiet selves. Too bad my butt won't follow suit...

)))SolarStance((( :eek:

ElPietro
11-28-2001, 11:40 PM
I have heard from countless sources that serum is crap. I've read a few studies, one of them from EAS's supplement review, which had some serum brought to a lab for testing. But Discounting whatever studies I read if I'm not sure then I listen to others that I feel only base their statements on factual "good study only" backed information. So far to date I have heard of exactly 0 people that have endorsed creatine serum. Sure you may have results, but I assure you it's not from the serum...

Shaolin36
11-28-2001, 11:58 PM
All,
I just hit a link on yahoo that states that creatine in Powder form lasts 24mos. but they said it was creatine kinase-what the hell is that?