PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me make a routine?

TatewakiKuno
11-28-2001, 02:25 AM
Hey guys hows it going. I want to get bigger and more toned but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing this. My stats right now are
Height 6'3"
Weight 240lbs
Age 18

So whats the best way for me to build and shape my body? If you need any other information or anything like that, you can post here and I'll respond of on AIM-Kuno63 and Email-iron_chef63@hotmail.com

Thanks

Shaolin36
11-28-2001, 02:36 AM
what is your current body condition; fat, muscular-big boned?

TatewakiKuno
11-28-2001, 02:55 AM
well there muscle for sure but i definately got a gut. The fat on my body likes to stay on the gut and the butt. My arms are find and my legs are really strong with not much fat on there (thanks to mabu)

Budokan
11-28-2001, 03:03 AM
You can start by putting the knife and fork down. Stop drinking sodas. Do drink lots of water though. Beat off less often too.

If that fails look into liposuction.

:)

K. Mark Hoover

TatewakiKuno
11-28-2001, 03:56 AM
ummmm...... thanks, i think.....
but i was looking for a work out plan.

SevenStar
11-28-2001, 04:27 AM
If you're 240, you really don't need to get bigger, just restructure yourself in a sense. you want to minimize body fat and maximize muscle mass. there are several articles on this topic throughout this forum. check the workout thread for some sample workouts. Also, don't neglect nutrition. What are your eating habits like?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Robinf
11-28-2001, 05:01 PM
Pick up the book "Getting Stronger" by Bill Pearl. You'll then be able to make your own routine with understanding. It'll take too long to be able to assess your goals, your current abilities, etc., over the internet. You know yourself. This book will give you the tools you need. The book is everywhere and you can buy it online at Amazon.com or BN.com -- both have free shipping deals.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

wall
11-28-2001, 05:19 PM
1 - eat less carbs, shugars and fats: it's the single thing that will have the fastest and easiest impact on your unwanted "flab". Much easier and quicker to eat one less burger than to do 2 hours of aerobic work: believe it or not they equate to about the same calories missed/burned!

2 - eat small regular (4-5 per day) meals high in protein

3 - do CMA workouts intensely at least 3 times per week for 1-2hours each

4 - do 2 weights training sessions per week: 1 lower/mid body (squats/calfs/abs/sidebends), 1 upper body (bench/chins/curls/presses)

If you really get in the "grove" with food intake/exercise balance for your body, with the above guidelines you should be able to lose the excess fat and simultaneously gain strenght and muscle.

Good luck,

wall

Shaolin36
11-28-2001, 06:33 PM
Kaga,
There you have it. Eat Right, Rest and Develop a workout plan that works for you. There ar several on this forum if you do a search and workout plans are hit and miss. What works for you may not work for the next guy. So dabble a bit and find out what your body responds to, Then stay on that for 6-8 weeks then tweak it a little so your body is shocked, then repeat cycle. Sometimes you can just reverse your workout by starting at the end and working backwards. This will shock your body. Other than that, Robin,7 and wall pretty much gave you the formula for everything else.
Train,eat,sleep,consitency are the keys to successs.

Shaolin36

ElPietro
11-28-2001, 09:06 PM
If you just want to lose weight then change your diet and jump on a treadmill.

To lose weight it's a simple formula of taking in less calories than your current maintainence level. Best way as said above is to eliminate sugar (which is truly evil), and cut some carbs out of your diet. Fat isn't bad as long as it's not BAD fat...so keep away from too much deep fried items. Drink water, mineral water, even diet soda, but try to stay away from too much processed fruit juice and pop as the sugar will kill you.

Eat a bit less, and eat better food while jumping on a treadmill for 30 minutes 3 times a week and you will notice a significant difference in a short couple weeks. You don't have to go all out on the treadmill either...start slowly, maybe jog for a couple minutes then go back down to speed walking...you don't want your heart rate going through the roof while dropping fat.

Getting stronger is an excellent book, but if you don't find it there should be some workouts in here, like in the workout thread that should be fine for you. Bodybuilding is a science but can also be simplified into the "just lift the **** thing and you'll get stronger" philosophy...so don't worry if you don't have a set plan right now...just becoming more active and adjusting your diet will help immensely.

Silumkid
11-28-2001, 09:12 PM
The current issue of Muscular Development has an interesting article about the "25 best lifts". This was done by hooking lifters up to EMG and putting them through some lifts and measuring the amount of muscle recruitment. Seemed like a solid list of movements and could be a big help in designing your program.

"I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Robinf
11-28-2001, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Bodybuilding is a science but can also be simplified into the "just lift the **** thing and you'll get stronger" philosophy... [/quote]

El Pietro, I love that philosophy. lol.

Robin

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-28-2001, 09:52 PM
actually beating off burns mad calories.

do what everyone else said and beat off more.

if you aren't beating off at least six times a day you aren't a real man anyway.

where's my beer?

Shaolin36
11-28-2001, 09:54 PM
by chi- hey everybody, there's CHI- wave GOODBYE

TatewakiKuno
11-29-2001, 02:30 AM
thanks for all the posts everyone. I already started doing most of the suggestions, I guess I'm just alittle impatient and wanna see results quicker. I have one last question if its not to much. When I lift, I push myself to lift alot I usually struggle through my last set, but the thing is I'm not really that sore if sore at all the falling night/day. Is this ok? or am I doing something wrong?

Shaolin36
11-29-2001, 02:49 AM
Make sure you are controlling the weight both on the way up and down. If you are throwing the weight about with no control, chances are you are recruiting too many muscles and the muscle youre trying to work is not getting enough concentration.

Robinf
11-29-2001, 04:14 PM
As far as not being sore goes, that's a good thing. You should be tired with your last set. Actually, try to make it so you're tired with the last couple of reps within each set.

Robin

ElPietro
11-29-2001, 06:13 PM
Soreness isn't an accurate guage of a successful workout. Some get sore others don't get too sore. Make sure to allow time for your muscles to recover before you work the same ones again. If you are going to failure then there's nothing else that you could do more.

red5angel
11-29-2001, 09:16 PM
Hey Kaga, I was where you are a few months ago. I have some weight training background and so that helped, but knew I didnt want to get too big. I picked up a book called "MArtial Arts Conditioning" that has some pretty good suggestions. They go over the basics of everything from nutrition, to stretching to joint stablilization, sepcifically for martial arts. Unfortunately I cannot remember the writers name!

"try not, do or do not. There is no try."