PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Dummy Training

NenadKoviljac
07-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Many Kung Fu schools use Wooden Dummy as a tool in their art and building skills but some schools or styles make this training as benefit and teach in the end of training decade! Some schools never teach on a dummy. What do you think when is the best time to start Wooden Dummy training or you think that is unnecessarily?!
10342 10343
10344 10345

SteveLau
07-15-2017, 11:21 PM
IMHO, the best time to start Wooden Dummy training is when student has progressed beyond basic level. It is unnecessary if he does not want to acquire free fight skills. But that would be a waste. Without fighting skills learnt, then one is not learning much of martial art.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

NenadKoviljac
07-16-2017, 12:12 AM
Training on a wooden dummy help to develop better structure, simultanity, and power but stil some schools and practitioners avoid it cause of lack of understanding. I think its brilliant.. Wooden Dummy is always happy to training with you, never complain and you can hit as you can feed your pain hahah...
On my examples through the years; my students who have dummy at home more quickly make progress that the students without a dummy! :):)

Bino TWT
07-29-2017, 02:33 PM
The wooden dummy form generally comes a bit later, but even beginner drills can be practiced on the Jong. It's definitely a great training tool at any level.

FuYuan
08-09-2017, 03:39 PM
I have this wooden dummy, i try to start train with it soon.

SteveLau
08-12-2017, 11:11 PM
I love this wooden dummy. It is close enough to the design that I want. All you need to wrap some padding to its head section. And then secure the base to a metal spring foundation will make it a go for training right on.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

David Jamieson
08-30-2017, 06:15 AM
How do you guys find this helps you develop?