PDA

View Full Version : Chan Si Taijiquan

Crimson Phoenix
11-22-2001, 12:15 AM
Today,my bagua sifu told me about this rare style of Taiji...it litterally means "Silk Reeling Taijiquan"...he said this taiji is seldom known outside of China, and just practiced in 3-4 villages mainly.
From what I heard, it has been created by a name named Chen (something like Chen Xi Qun, I didn't catch the name exactly) some 100 years ago...this guy was versed in taiji, xingyi, bagua, shaolin styles and according to my sifu, this style is practiced with bagua moves, xingyi body and with the ways of taiji.
Anyone heard about it??

Nexus
11-22-2001, 12:43 AM
Sounds interesting. I'll talk to my teachers and see if any of them have heard of it and or practice it.

Sounds as if this form is pretty complicated considering it encompasses so many internal concepts!

- Nexus

Kshurika
11-24-2001, 11:09 AM
Chan ssu jin (spelled numerous other ways), or "silk-reeling" is a set of exercises developed by the Chen family to ingrain and enhance the spiralling aspect of their taiji. Practiced deeply, they are very powerful. The two principle sources of chan ssu jin exercises today are Chen Xaiowang (who has done a video) and Feng Zhiquang. There is a video of the latter's chan ssu jin by Zhang Xue Xin. Ma Hong has written extensively about chan ssu jin.

EARTH DRAGON
11-25-2001, 08:59 PM
I beleive that all taichi has silk reeling excercises doesnt it? what makes this differnt? is it just for foucusing on chi movement,cultivation? or ping chi?

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Crimson Phoenix
11-26-2001, 12:08 PM
Indeed, Earth dragon, I'm not talking about the well known Chan Si Jing way of issuing power that is also present in external styles, or about the silk reeling exercises in taiji I'm really talking about a different kind of taiji called Chan Si Tai Ji...Judging by the name of the attributed founder, it might come down from Chen taiji, unless this "Chen Xi Qun" is just a ****nnym with no link to the Chen family...

Kumkuat
11-26-2001, 06:57 PM
Do you mean Chen shi or Chan shi? If you mean the former, it just means chen style probably. Since 'shi' means 'style' in Chinese. For example, while I was at Japan, people there would say they practed Chen shi Taijiquan (or in Japanese: chin shiki taikyokkuken). If it is Chan shi, then I have no clue.

Crimson Phoenix
11-28-2001, 03:45 PM
No, no, I really mean Chan Si Taiji as in "silk reeling", but it is a style of its own and I'm not talking about the silk reeling exercises found in many if not all taiji...