PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture Pros and Cons

highlypotion
07-01-2018, 06:42 AM
Do you guys rely on acupuncture for some of your health issues? Can you share some pros and cons? My sister is considering it to help treat her depression. A doctor told her that this traditional Chinese practice is effective as antidepressant. I told her to conduct a research and consider a second opinion before saying yes to this. If you can share your opinions, will definitely appreciate. Thanks.

mawali
07-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Do you guys rely on acupuncture for some of your health issues? Can you share some pros and cons? My sister is considering it to help treat her depression. A doctor told her that this traditional Chinese practice is effective as antidepressant. I told her to conduct a research and consider a second opinion before saying yes to this. If you can share your opinions, will definitely appreciate. Thanks.

It is always best to seek the advice of a therapist so that is the first choice. Of course, acupuncture can be adjunct as deemed so by the recognized medical professional. Some people use CBT, others may need multiple interventions so do your research accordingly.

highlypotion
07-03-2018, 04:33 AM
It is always best to seek the advice of a therapist so that is the first choice. Of course, acupuncture can be adjunct as deemed so by the recognized medical professional. Some people use CBT, others may need multiple interventions so do your research accordingly.

Hey, thanks for your input. Yeah, I told her that also. I'm letting her check BetterHelp (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression/) too. She might want to consider an e-counseling platform as well. Acupuncture would be my last option if she will ask me to choose. I'm afraid of those needles. :D. Just kidding. But seriously, I have read more success stories with CBT and other similar counseling options. I'll try to convince her.

highlypotion
08-14-2018, 07:09 AM
just to an update. My sister is now undergoing online counseling for her depression and she said she feels better.