PDA

View Full Version : Who's this "speedman" i keep reading about in Inside Kung Fu?

Jeff Liboiron
11-05-2001, 03:52 AM
this dude has this add in there saying how he tripled his speed in one evening using the "speedmans" instructional video.

Anybody know anything about this? it sounds like a load of **** to me :D

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

shinwa
11-05-2001, 04:09 AM
Yes. Stand in front of your friend and extend your arms into both of your hands are beside his cheeks. Now slap him across both sides of the face with your palm and then back with your back hand and use a really small range of motion. Do it multiple times and you've just increased your hitting speed! His tapes SUXXOR!!!

Richie
11-05-2001, 04:11 AM
He is a kempo clown, and his tape is a joke.

joedoe
11-05-2001, 04:14 AM
Isn't he a drug dealer? :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Shaolindynasty
11-05-2001, 06:32 AM
My friend got that tape during the time he was trying to get an "edge" against me. He also bought one of those electric muscle stimulators....he returned them both.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

wushu chik
11-05-2001, 06:49 AM
Yeah, I have RELIABLE sorces saying that he's making approxametly $100,000 a year off those videos. Can you believe after ALL THESE YEARS people are still falling for his this stuff?? Dr. John La Tourette is the guy putting them out. If you go back to my post about "guys I need your opinion" you will see the website of the guy that bought his school. It's pretty funny !

I am ALWAYS Kung Fu Fighting.....what about you?

straight blast
11-05-2001, 01:27 PM
I thought that he was a "Tall lanky man with eyes that bore right through me"
Ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! !
What a load of bollocks!
"Speedman" indeed! :p

"Pain is merely weakness leaving the body"

Wongsifu
11-05-2001, 05:39 PM
man ive always wondered what the hell those tapes are about !!! please dont tell me that he slaps the guys like 16 times by doing that bugs bunny trick - slap - back hand - slap backhand !!!

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Kevin73
11-05-2001, 06:00 PM
If you like Kenpo, then you'd probably like his stuff. He is a 5th deg. from Ed Parker and an 8th deg. from the Tracy's, he doesn't teach/show anything different than any other kenpo instructor he just knows how to market it to sell a crapload of tapes.

His main target audience is lockout styles that step once and punch once. If you already study a fluid style that doesn't lockout stuff than most of what you see is like "DUH". Also, he defines a strike as anything that hinders your opponent. For example; Person throws a straight right to your head, and you 1) inward block with rt hand 2) check with your lt hand 3) rt chuto down to the floating ribs 4) lt heel palm to the jaw 5)rt backfist to the temple. The above combo is 5 strikes and takes less than half a second to do, he is showing what he calls "flow drills" to develop target awareness and fluidity in movement.

He was filmed and interviewed by Steve Barnes from Blackbelt magazine when he first ran the ads and he was timed at doing around 16 hits in a second. But, yes they are usually close together from where the hands are at so each hit sets up the next target and hand placement, and they are all targeted to nerves and vital targets.

His videos are expensive, if you want more I would say check out a kenpo school near by.

"God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Piccolo Junior
11-05-2001, 06:54 PM
He is a methamphetamine addict who pimps crack *****s.

"It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art of someone who is too serious has no flavour."- Choki Motobu

Kristoffer
11-05-2001, 07:05 PM
i'd love to see that tape :D
*smack* *smack* hahaha

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"