PDA

View Full Version : Going to China for training?

johansson
11-22-2001, 03:10 PM
Hi!

I was just wondering, do you go to China (Hong Kong) to practice?

In a Japanese martial art I do, everyone who can goes to Japan to practice with Japanese instructors.

So how is it in WC/WT/VT? Or have you lost "the Chinese connection"?

// Tommy

cha kuen
11-22-2001, 09:38 PM
Why would you go to China to practice? Sure it SOUNDS great but that's just a waste of time

Just because they are CHINESE and from CHINA doesnt' mean they are good.

There's good people in the States ..and they don't have to be Chinese.

joy chaudhuri
11-22-2001, 10:02 PM
Going to Hong Kong is not as important for Yip Man wing chun as it used to be.The majority of
masters who learned directly from Yip Man are either dead, retired, semi retired or have moved away from Hong Kong. Many(not all) of the real good ones from the next generation are also in places other than Hong Kong. So the search for a real good master rather than location alone has taken on greater
importance. There is now first classwing chun in the New World.... and 2nd and 3rd class and failures too.!!!

CanadianBadAss
11-23-2001, 03:33 AM
My dad told me that when he was yonger he used to see signs and stuff posted to recruit people to join the hong kong police. If they still do that, i think im going to go become a cop in hong kong and study wing chun under Tsui Sheng Tin. And while I'am there, I'll study to become a dr of traditional chinese medicine... thats my plan for now any way... oh, almost forgot, after that I plan to go into the ufc and kick the **** out of some people.

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

rubthebuddha
11-23-2001, 09:20 AM
and then, after all is said and done, he's going to retire with the wife and 2.3 kids, settle down in suburbian with the minivan and sedan and live happily ever after.

-rtb

CanadianBadAss
11-25-2001, 02:03 AM
yes... untill one day i come home from work only to find my wife and son dead... killed and raped by an evil bjj master... and I'll spend the rest of my days trying to track him down so i can avenge my wifes death...

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

Sharky
11-25-2001, 03:08 AM
then get your ass handed to you cos you only trained wing chun and didn't know how to defend a double leg.

:eek:

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

CanadianBadAss
11-25-2001, 04:01 AM
luckly that was just a dream sequence, cause I actually had trained in bjj for several years after moving to the suburbs...

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

old jong
11-25-2001, 04:39 AM
Ahem...Why not go to Brazil to train in wing chun?...I'm sure they must be very good there to survive in that vale tudo/BJJ/Bossa-nova environment! :D :eek: :p :cool: :rolleyes: :o :confused: O.K. it's a joke!!!!!

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

Sharky
11-25-2001, 04:40 AM
cos he'll probably get raped and murdered.

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

CanadianBadAss
11-25-2001, 05:25 AM
Because Sigong isn't there...
oh and also because of what sharky said, after i make bjj look bad, those krazy brazilians will probly try to gang rape me or somthing...

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 07:03 AM
and i love it.

-rtb