PDA

View Full Version : How to Develop Peng Jin

Wdhc
08-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Hello, I had struggled when I started learning with peng jin, and how to develop it. My teacher wasnt offering corrections and I was frustrated. It wasn't until I found a new teacher that was able to teach me everything that I was able to advance. I would like to offer help to whoever needs it.

https://youtu.be/M4-ZHF2I-vo

No_Know
08-06-2019, 05:20 AM
That's great you learned more...but you still lean forward infront of your waist. You push off balance knee passed toe. You waste the energy coming-up by not being vertical when you transmit. You do the moves but torso leans slightly but too much perhaps.

No_Know

Wdhc
08-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Lol ok. There is nothing wrong with a lean. I promise it's a stable lean. I'm not leaning at waist, leaning at hips. Still a straight line from bai hui and hui yin and rear foot. I have bad knees, so I'm very conscious of knees going past toes. Thanks for the feedback though.

Wdhc
08-06-2019, 08:16 AM
I suppose Yang Sau Chung also doesn't know what he's doing. Leaning as well. For shame.

https://youtu.be/Bze07WyY0C0

No_Know
08-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Wdhc you ask for people to comment on your stuff and you provide the links to the videos for their critique. You obviously don't know what you are doing.-Ernie Moore Jr.

On the other hand, Yang Sau Chung had a very important transmission to record, a rare opportunity. But either he or his daughter realized a person cannot fit in the shot or frame of the recording without crouching. So he was smart and considerate of his audience like shortening a form for time constraints in a demo or changing the length of steps to stay on stage or pulling a strike to not hit a crowd member or bending down to keep your head in the shot when recording Yang Style Taijiquan form.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Given your response you are competitive. Yang style still requires Yin. In the video of Peng Jin it seems you learned a lot (I seem to say that often). You talk about rooting but I'm concerned you are strong and the exercises are too muscular with some good breathing possible but you're mostly improving force and muscle of the form of the technique, but the inner power you could be getting (since lean doesn't matter to you-'though you don't do it all the time) using 8 lb weights instead of building-up not using muscle, there's just deeper you think you're getting that you might be missing.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know
(I'll mention elsewhere but you have great balanced kicks)-EMJ