PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a site where I can download a video or someone demo'ing straight blast?

IronFist
11-26-2001, 04:50 AM
That'd be bad ass. I mean multiple straight blasts, not just one punch (I know some people call this the straight blast).

I love ethernet.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

OdderMensch
11-26-2001, 05:04 AM
i know some

boy that was an easy question.

ok jokes over i'll try to find/post the site now

hmm the sites changed, i'll have to dl a bunch of stuff to even see if its what you want.

[This message was edited by OdderMensch on 11-26-01 at 07:15 PM.]

IronFist
11-26-2001, 08:47 PM
bump

LEGEND
11-26-2001, 09:25 PM
http://www.fighting-uk.com/

A

IronFist
11-27-2001, 05:06 AM
Thanks dude, but the straight blast link there is broken :P Good other videos though.

Wait, I'm an idiot, it does work. My browser was just being dumb at first.

IronFist
11-27-2001, 05:14 AM
I wanna learn from that guy. He's not coming to the US is he?

Iron

Martial Joe
11-27-2001, 06:55 AM
I wouldnt want to learn from that guy...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

maestro
11-27-2001, 10:23 PM
Go to Sherdog.com and download the Belfort/Silva fight. That's a REALLY good example of the straight blast...

maestro :cool:

"Whether we bring our enimies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done."
-George W. Bush

IronFist
11-28-2001, 12:02 AM
Why not Martial Joe?

Wei Sui
11-28-2001, 02:15 AM
IronFist...WHY? would you want to learn from him?
What in those video clips would make you want to learn from him?

Dai yut tow dai :)

Sharky
11-28-2001, 04:12 AM
another " i think tommy carruthers is crap " thread. great.

he has great skill, you ignorant fools.

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Wei Sui
11-28-2001, 09:12 AM
I was just asking IronFist what he saw in those clips that would make him want to have lessons from him...nothing in those clips would make me want to take lessons from him is all.

IronFist
11-28-2001, 09:57 AM
Why do I think he looks pretty good?

a) I've never seen any Wing Chun in real life before

b) He looks fast from the video. I'm sick of fat slow ass American instructors.

c) He appears to know what he's talking about, not that I would really know otherwise.

d) We could have contests to see who could hold that "V" shape the longest (where you lift yourself up on your hands with your legs up in the air so your torso and legs make a V shape, in his "leg lifts" video clip)

e) I dunno.

Now you answer, why would you not want to learn from him?

Iron

Andreas
11-29-2001, 03:04 AM
Some of you really think the video clips are fully representative for his training curriculum in his classes? He's playing with movements, that's it. What make you think he must prove himself in the internet? No Wing Chun guy except Wong Shun Leung's top men can keep it up with his speed, power and combat efficiency, very few martial artists can keep it up with his general body strength to weight ratio. Jesse Glover, Bruce Lee's first student and assistant instructor has seen about 2.000 - 3.000 Wing Chun people within over 40 years. About five of them he considered very effective. Then read what he has to tell about Carruthers. TC's students especially appreciate his approach to combat realism. The difference between a martial artist and a fighter is the killer instinct. Carruthers' top students are all fighters....

Andreas

[This message was edited by Andreas on 11-29-01 at 05:16 PM.]

Wei Sui
11-29-2001, 09:49 AM
IronFist,

Fair enough reasons I guess, I was just curious :).

So you've never seen real life wing chun...that sux... Are there no schools/instructors in your area? If you are training, I assume you are self taught or in another gung fu?

Anyhow with regards my comments, I just said that nothing in those clips would make me want to train under that guy...let's just keep it at that.

When these types of threads get started about commenting on masters/fighters it can turn ugly.
Ex. Look at the defensive/pumping nature already from Andreas..

Anyhow best of luck in your training!! :)

Gluteus Maximus
11-29-2001, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No Wing Chun guy except Wong Shun Leung's top men can keep it up with his speed, power and combat efficiency. [/quote]

That's bull. I'm not knocking WSL, just your ignorant, arrogant attitude.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Jesse Glover, Bruce Lee's first student and assistant instructor has seen about 2.000 - 3.000 Wing Chun people within over 40 years. About five of them he considered very effective. [/quote]

So Jess Glover learnt basic Wing Chun from Bruce Lee, to intermediate level at best, and that makes him a Wing Chun expert, qualified to judge the proficiency of all Wing Chun exponents? LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Then read what he has to tell about Carruthers. [/quote]

Why should I? According to your post, he's already proven himself to be biased.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TC's students especially appreciate his approach to combat realism. [/quote]

I wonder if that's because they're his students? LOL.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The difference between a martial artist and a fighter is the killer instinct. Carruthers' top students are all fighters.... [/quote]

Take off your blinkers!

Max

Andreas
11-29-2001, 11:16 AM
"That's bull. I'm not knocking WSL, just your ignorant, arrogant attitude."

Maybe too much generalized, but I'm not arrogant, nor ignorant. People are arrogant or ignorant enough to judge about a few minutes of video stuff. Name me some of Yip Man's living students who are very effective. Since you are living in Australia, please don't come with William Cheung.

"So Jess Glover learnt basic Wing Chun from Bruce Lee, to intermediate level at best, and that makes him a Wing Chun expert, qualified to judge the proficiency of all Wing Chun exponents? LOL!"

He can compare to Bruce Lee, and the thousands of Wing Chun guys and other martial artists he met and worked out with. So simple is that. He once hosted a seminar with David Peterson, for whom he had had a good comment.
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~bundles/KungFu/JesseGlover.htm

"Why should I? According to your post, he's already proven himself to be biased."

Well, you don't have a clue of the man's knowledge and experience. It's better for him.

Andreas

[This message was edited by Andreas on 11-30-01 at 01:42 AM.]

dedalus
11-29-2001, 01:29 PM
**** that Curruthers guy has quick hands!

dedalus
11-29-2001, 01:51 PM
He can also speak for himself (this is from "Logan's Forum"):

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Any skill that I might have didn't come easy, it took me years to learn stuff and years to get any good, and I am still trying to get good. I don't know what people are making all the fuss about - I think I am ok, but not
brilliant or as one guy said that I' m a master...No, I'm just a man, a human being. I don't want you to compare me with any other martial artist, I don't want to be compared to this guy and that guy as I'm not in any competition with anybody, I'm in competition with myself. The only guy I
challenge is me, I challenge my physical with my mental - that's my war, not other people. I'm flattered that they say that, but I don't think it's real
- Tommy Carruthers [/quote]

NafAnal
11-29-2001, 02:47 PM
Didn't Jesse Glover do some training with kernspecht a long while ago?

mun hung
11-29-2001, 08:17 PM
Have you guy's ever seen Jesse Glover on tape???

IMHO - being a student of Bruce Lee's does'nt mean anything. It certainly does'nt mean he can judge Wing Chun.

What's a small fraction of a small fraction?

*It takes effort to learn to do something effortlessly*

fmann
11-29-2001, 08:55 PM
Regardless of whether TC or JKD is effective or not, it's not 100% the same as Wing Chun.

I would like to know what people think of this video clip:

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/ejkoch/movies/WT2.mpg