PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun

S.Teebas
11-26-2001, 07:56 PM
What inspires you to keep doing Wing Chun?

S.Teebas

Dave Farmer
11-26-2001, 09:15 PM
Love,Discovery,Hunger,Passion,friendship,frustrati on,friendship,honour.

Wait a minute, that sounds like marriage ;)

Quote: this post is not just to please the wife
(or I would have included fear!!!)

Regards

Dave F

'wing chun men do it with sticky hands'

rubthebuddha
11-27-2001, 12:36 AM
people i meet ask me if i have a girlfriend, and i tell them wing tsun. they then ask, "you have a chinese girlfriend? that's so cool!"

-rtb

Jeff Liboiron
11-27-2001, 01:54 AM
i just love it, and want to be the best that i can be at it

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

straight blast
11-27-2001, 08:26 AM
Because I've only just started doing it! There is an absolute world of stuff to learn and heaps of history. I only know the 1st three bits from the Sil Lim Tao & I already just practise the a** out of it 'cos it is really cool.
I also practise 'cos its so much fun. Beats the crap out of working for family... :(

"Forfeit the game
Before somebody else takes you out of the frame
And puts your name to shame
Cover up your face
You can't run the race
The pace is too fast,
You just won't last!"

chu yun
11-27-2001, 10:11 AM
Four hour Siu Nim Tau.

chu yun

jameswebsteruk
11-27-2001, 12:51 PM
Cause I took three seperate mouth shots last night, got a seriously fat lip and I wish to do better.

The chalice from the palace has the pellet with the poison,
The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

jesper
11-27-2001, 02:40 PM
Im a lazy guy, so if I dont keep up the hard training I will grow fat and my wife will leave me :).

Besides I love to discover new things all the time, and there is always something new to discover in Wing Tsun. Just when you think you mastered a technic, reality comes biting your behind.

rubthebuddha
11-27-2001, 07:54 PM
with big, sharp pointy teeth.

i initially started wing tsun because of its reputation (wing chun in general), and i conveniently live in a city that just happens to have the largest wing tsun school in north america. to make it better, the head instructor is positively amazing - both as a teacher, student and person. his abilities have brought out some wonderful qualities in his senior students, and each one am i happy to call my older brother or sister.

i feel like WT is the correct system for me, and i feel like i'm at home studying where i do. i guess i could say i come for the WT, but i stay for the people. in the 2½ years i've been studying there, i have, without fail, always left happier, stronger and more centered than when i went in. to me, that's quite an accomplishment.

-rtb