PDA

View Full Version : fixing shoes :)

Djuan
10-09-2019, 08:11 PM

attempting to fix my "Luohan Houseshoes" lol dont ask what drove me to working the split in the sole and toe of the shoe, just wish me good luck in fixing them. I will be ordering more, naturally hehe.....probably a size bigger also. (its a "zen" thing to fix stuff like this, makes it artwork again, like fixing pottery/glasswares too,) practicing loving the old, preserving the old and worn things, etc.....thats a topic in itself. maybe you guys can share somethings you fix on, fix up, or refuse to get rid of lol not hoarding either.....like real preservation project sort of stuff, clothes, cars, weapons, fine glass etc. (I wont show my hoards ....just smh)

anyhow they are comfy to walk around in, for certain places of course. and no matter how impractical certain garments, and footing might be for the USA, clothing of the sangha is most comfortable. aside from "Shaolin leg wraps" hehe , which I think are more of reflection of a staple in Chinese culture from a certain time period, than something privy to monks only, and I imagine wu seng would probably need to keep their pants tighter around that area,..... regular (baggy monk pants) are super comfortable even if you dont meditate. if you have to wear tight/fitting jeans or dress pants a lot, wearing comfy, loose fitting clothing becomes a treat.

same for shoes, I love my feiyues, however, rocking sneakers or laced shoes/boots, all day everyday, makes you appreciate the small/cozy houseshoe lol, also walking barefoot in nature :p

Djuan
10-10-2019, 01:24 AM
all
fixed! and ready to do some smooth steppin. lol
strong glue, good as new :)

AMITUOFO