PDA

View Full Version : cHaLLenGEz !!! ( to TWS and Reemul , and The Like)

Starchaser107
11-29-2001, 08:12 PM
Ok, I'd really like to understand something about this Challenging thing. I'ts a common thing in the movies to see challenge fights or grudge matches. recently here on this forum , The Willow Sword and Reemul I believe. How often does this happen nowadays in reality, maybe Its just my ignorance but this seems rather uncommon in this present day, I must admit though that it is a novel sort of exitement. How often does something like this happen ? And would anybody else here feel the need to prove thier styles worth , or even thier own worth as a fighter. Are there any sparring or fight clubs around , i mean other than boxing, or even any "underground" challenges?
I know this used to be a big thing in China / Hong Kong, but how often does something like this transpire here in America?,
I remember challenge fights in highschool in Jamaica. People dont seem to really fight with thier fists anymore its usually a more lethal means of settling conflict.
Also another question, lets say someone is skilled at the japanese katana , i forget the name of that art is it Iado? anyway lets say he has a problem with a chinese stylist , is it common to resort to weapons sparring or fighting.
Has anybody here ever fought with the weapons they train with. Knife fighters or escrimas or even swords or steel whip?

"everything is everything"_W.Rodney