PDA

View Full Version : What styles are these?

Djuan
01-09-2020, 08:30 AM
first is this video I found says "Special Quan Routine 5"
I recognize a lot it, not sure what its called though, if anyone knows it please help with the name and info. thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLnl-ACs3cc

Amituofo

Djuan
01-09-2020, 08:53 AM
what style is this? says "Feng Hou Quan" and I've never heard of it.

found this mixed with other cyberkwoon styles that I am familiar with, this one I'm not familar with and cyberkwoon was notorrious for getting names wrong, and sometimes, mixing moves from completely different taolu on the same page or same file lol. what happened to that site? needs to comeback with scholars from this form doing the surveying and archiving, its was a fail back then however could be done properly today with the advances in learning programs online.

anyone remember cyberkwoon? (I feel old) ..... well I found an old folder of pdfs from who knows when, has to be early early 2000s when I was in high school and cyberkwoon was active, back then if we couldn't learn something on hand, all we had for hopes was cyberkwoon and russbo.com and KFTC magazines detailed pages for Songshan taolu. man, so many forms were butchered back then trying to put stuff together.

wow

I remember buying Sifu Wing Lams "Moi Fah" book and trying to do the form, and then showing my teacher who didn't know the form yet. After he took the book he did it perfectly and said that one book is better than the whole cyberkwoon catalogue because of what Sifu Wing Lam did with the lines (showing movement) to this day I still only understand his statement about 70%. To me, doing a form from a book is terribly difficult unless you are an adept student of that particular school at least.

side note: Sifu Wing Lam's "Moi Fah" (Plum Blossom boxing) book, and Sifu Yang Wing-Ming's Long fist book were the first 'kung fu books' I bought, and I think at the time they were both in stores, though I'm almost positive I ordered Moi Fah directly from WLE. I also had Bruce Lee's 'Fighting Method' plus 'Tao of Jeet Kune Do' books a bit before those. This was a defining time in my search and I have to thank KFTC magazine again for helping me navigate, it was so much crap material around back then, these books gave me a good perspective on some of the basic foundation philosophy and movements. I recommend those books still to this day for anyone who likes to read them.

Amituofo