PDA

View Full Version : TCM and accupuncture

Aramus
11-15-2001, 10:01 PM
I went to a Traditional Chinese Doctor on Thursday. She assessed my condition and is helping me take the pain away from my injured knee. She stuck this needle in my wrist and told me to move my knee around. I felt pain and then more pain in my wrist. Let me visualize for you, it felt as if she took a sword, stuck it in my wrist and twisted it around. Then she moved the needle (that all it was...no way, ouch) and the pain wasn't bad. She placed needles in both knees. I felt electricity/energy flowing to different places or radiating when she put the needles in. Very distinct feeling. She did warn me that people feel different sensations. Apparently my wrist is VERY sensitive (makes sense, although).

Anyone else have any experience with TCM?

Kung Lek
11-15-2001, 10:52 PM
yep.

she was using the distal points on the meridian to release the blockage of chi to the damaged area on your knee.

she then used the direct points to further the healing process.

less feeling = less chi flow.
more feeling= more chi flow.

not that more chi flow is necessarily always a good thing, sometime it is imbalanced and too much and needs to be balanced out again. wherevere there is more means that somewhere there is less.

did you get an herbal liniment to apply also?

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Aramus
11-16-2001, 12:01 AM
She gave me some pills for getting irritated, aggitated easily and some other things (symptoms, etc.).

She didn't give me anything else to apply, take, etc.

I'm due to go back for three days next week and probably the same amount the week following.