PDA

View Full Version : The Flu

Daelomin
11-25-2001, 02:11 PM
I caught the flu a few days ago. My flus allways stick for weeks, i hate it.
Im interested in a traditional chinese medicine view on the flu, what organs are affected and so on. Are there any good traditional chinese cures for this??

Chris McKinley
11-28-2001, 08:55 AM
Generally speaking, the flu is considered an invasion of cold and wind, later giving rise to pathogenic heat as well. Useful treatments would dispel heat and wind, descend yet tonify Lung qi, and strengthen the Yin. Toward the end of the disease progression, both Kidney and Bladder will have to be kept in balance, since they will be working overtime to eliminate the "bugs" from the body. Also, throughout the illness, the balance between Stomach and Spleen ascending/descending will need to be monitored so that what little nutrition one is able to keep down gets used optimally.

Treating the flu gets a bit more complicated than recommending a few simple acupressure points for the common cold. For now, drink extra amounts of pure water and get an additional 1 & 1/2 hours of sleep per night. Avoid any and all forms of exercise and physical labor until the disease has run its course. Maybe next time, you will have had time to locate a TCM doc whom you can trust who can give you more specific diagnosis and treatment. Good luck.

Godzilla
11-28-2001, 10:17 PM
Correct! I recommend a ‘life broth’. Get some fresh soup greens like kale, parsley, celery, potato, onion, carrots, etc. and place them into a pot of boiling water. Let boil for only a few minutes so not to kill the nutrients. Take pot off flame and let cool down for about 1 or 2 hours. It should still be warm to drink. Strain out the dead veggies and just keep the liquid.

Have a few glasses – it tastes like soup. Since it’s in a liquid form, your body will process it quickly, aiding in your recovery from the flu.

Truly,
Godzilla

hooper
02-17-2006, 10:02 AM
The pattern of human bird flu infections in Vietnam, the nation hit hardest by the disease, suggests the H5N1 virus that causes the illness is evolving in ways that make it more contagious, according to the WHO.Relenza is a very famous drugs for bird flu infection.i have also used relenza.visit here for more information....
http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s33713-s-relenza.aspx
Relenza is not recommended for people suffering from asthma

TenTigers
03-05-2006, 12:06 PM
do a search for Young Living-we have used Thieves essential oil internally and kicked the flu in two days. Also used Purification, but it tastes really nasty. The theives is hard to take at first-i used to put it in a tablespoon with honey and lemon, but now I can take it straight no problem. I have given it to my students and they were better in two days as well, sometimes the next day, but stay in bed anyway as flu has a tendancy for serious relapse.
I know there is some bad flak about Young Living products, but my OL has been doing tCM all her life, and her Mom used to make essential oils and extracts as well. She uses these now. If it works, it works.