PDA

View Full Version : Snake in the Monkeys Shadow

CH
11-21-2001, 04:01 PM
Has anyone seen ‘Snake in the Monkeys Shadow’? its one of my top 3 kung –fu films! A classic!

Also, what does everyone think of Lee Yi Min (Mystery of Chess Boxing), hes one of my favourite actors!
;)

Kristoffer
11-21-2001, 04:21 PM
uh, ya mean snake in the EAGLE's shadow right?
:confused:

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Kristoffer
11-21-2001, 04:21 PM
wich kinda sux anyway :D

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

CH
11-21-2001, 06:49 PM
Your obviously not a kung-fu film fan then! I said ‘Snake in the Monkeys Shadow’! :rolleyes:

MartialKnight
11-21-2001, 08:24 PM
There is a film called "Snake in the Monkey's Shadow" and there is one called "Snake in the Eagle's Shadow". I hear they are both really good.

Jimbo
11-23-2001, 10:23 AM
Snake in the Monkey's Shadow is a pretty good kung fu comedy movie. It was made when a lot of the movies were influenced by Jackie Chan's Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. The star of it, John Chang, played one of the Manchu villains in Master Killer, and more recently bulked up and played "Bruce Lee's enemy" opposite Jason Scott Lee in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story.

Jim

eviljungle
11-26-2001, 12:06 AM
Did anyone else dig this old Chan movie? I dug it. :cool:

Phil Redmond
02-04-2008, 04:11 PM
If you buy a copy of this movie today this scene might be edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Eokek79SI

jethro
02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
They also edited the final fight because they show flashbacks of this fight. Ruins the movie. Luckily I got myself an uncut version.

And to be honest I don't find the monkey being tied up cruel at all. The monkey is a character in the movie. Its a pet and its tied up the whole movie so it won't get away. If it wasn't tied up in the previous scenes but then all of a sudden is tied up for the fight with the snake, then yeah that would be cruel.

HtownShaolinBum
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
What species of snake is that, I wonder.

Is it poisonous? Is that some bad-Arse snake killing monkey, or do all monkeys own snakes?

I want to see this movie now. What version should I get?

jethro
02-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Go to the buy/sell/trade section on this site. http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/