PDA

View Full Version : X-BOX RULES!!!!!!!!

The Willow Sword
11-24-2001, 11:04 PM
IT IS AN EXPENSIVE UNIT,BUT THE GAMES ARE FABULOUS. DEAD OR ALIVE 3 ROCKS!!! THE DRUNKEN GUY AND "MITOSU" THE KARATE CHIK HAVE SOME COOL ASS MOVES. ANYONE ELSE PLAYED X-BOX?
:cool:

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.

Son_Goku
11-25-2001, 04:12 PM
I don't know what your talking about; xbox sucks!

** Whew! I'm back! **

Fear.....Fear attracts the fearful.....The strong....the weak....the innocent....
Fear is my ally...

http://www.namcoarcade.com/tekken4/images/tk4_profile_hwoarang.jpg
http://www.namcoarcade.com/tekken4/images/tk4_concept_hwoarang.jpg
http://www.namcoarcade.com/tekken4/images/tk4_concept_kazuya.jpg

Kristoffer
11-25-2001, 09:26 PM
http://www.prideofkorea.com/common/portrait.jpg

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Drunken1
11-25-2001, 10:31 PM
I'll have to agree, Xbox is nice, DOA3's Brad Wong has one of the most realistic and complete representations of Drunken Fist in all of Videogamedome, maybe even surpassing Shun from VF4. Now if only they'd port VF4 to Xbox instead of the Played Station2.......................................... .................................................. ...............

Buying a Ps2 just for VF4 by the way, WOO HOO! Can you say Bona Fied Shaolin Monk? I knew you could! :-)

MartialKnight
11-27-2001, 03:49 AM
I heard the sequel will be released (and available for importing) in Europe/Japan on Dreamcast, but in U.S.A on Xbox. Well as For Shemue it is really great of what I played so far. It is like you controlling a Kung Fu movie. The villain is awesome Chinese fighter, who uses a martial arts style sopposevly extinct years ago. In the game you can practise martial arts with your character (sparring and regular single practise), fight people, go play mini games at arcades, follow the storyline, get a job eventually, etc. Also day time/night changes, and seasons as well. The game aslo sopposevly takes you from Japan to Hong Kong and China to fight for revenge of your father.

The creater of Shemue is sopposed to have thought and planned out 16 chapters of this story years ago, Shemue was only the first chapter of a long series.

shaolinboxer
11-28-2001, 06:30 PM
That first Shamue game actually includes several of the 16 chapters. I loved this game, might even be my fave of all time.

I am still upset that the sequel will be an xbox exclusive in the US.

The XBOX is nothing more than a plot by bill gates to get people to upgrade their pcs. Since the consumer market is not upgrading, preventing microsoft from peddling is next gen applications, they have entered the console market with what is essentially a pc. It has an 8 gig hard drive, a pentium III processor, and a Nvidia graphics card. All of the games are built on Direct X. So what happens...people buy XBOX which will stimulate the production of high quality games in genres normally reserved for consoles in a format that instantly translates to the PC. Then companies that have strategic alliances build PC sthat can play these games, and may offer even slightly better features....and BAM! the death of console gaming. Why buy a console when console games can be played on your pc?

The only thing I would use an XBOX for is a punching target.

Who ever supports the XBOX supports the end of gaming consoles and the total domination of microsoft.

MartialKnight
11-29-2001, 02:59 AM
Actually I can't think of many games that are made by pc game companies for xbox, and some are xbox exclusive like Halo, Dead or ALive 3, Oddworld, etc. Also, there will be a harddrive for ps2 as well (which you will have to pay for), and it is only a good thing. I mean X box has more graphical and gaming potential. However in my opinion the best gaming system now is sill Dreamcast at least in terms of innovation.

Daniel Madar
11-29-2001, 03:26 AM
Sorry, I just thought that so witty, I had to use it.

DOA3 is awesome, but what is up with the controller? At first I thought rounded buttons would reduce "Controller callous", but it actually hurts more. Plus the two little buttons just screw with me, and the right side stick is crowding the whole button setup. It's like someone looked at a dreamcast controller and intentionally tried to make it worse.

Shenmue II... I can't tell you how ****ed I was when I found out MS had paid millions for the rights, to force loyal fans to have to buy an Xcocks to play it. But then, the English version is being released in Japan, and I know how to make a US Dreamcast play Japanese games. So F you MS...

Arg.

Still, the graphics are awesome. I personally hate Brad. I'm sick of white haired cool guys in games and anime. And Shun Di has soooo much more class. :)

Merciless is Mercy.

shaolinboxer
11-29-2001, 05:02 PM
MK - Well, Halo was originally destined for the PC, but that's the point. Game houses now produce games for the XBOX because it's a viable console, but they are actually building PC games. Every game on the XBOX IS a PC game, because the XBOX is a last generation PC with a next generation graphics card.

Shaolindynasty
11-29-2001, 08:18 PM
Are new dreamcast games even going to come out in the USA ever? the new games systems **** me off I don't wanna pay $300 for a new game system **** it!

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Silent Assassin
11-29-2001, 09:15 PM
Actually, Shemue 2 is coming to US DC this
Christmas. The next chapter after Shemue 2
is still undetermine to whick system it's
going to appear on since DC is dead after this
holiday season.
My bet is on XBOX.

Black_Talon
11-29-2001, 09:35 PM
No Shemue 2 is coming to DC, but it will only be released in the UK

http://utu.unrealism.com/AceScreens/avatar.gif
Some may boast of prowess bold,
Of the school they think so grand,
But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
It's the Spirit of Aggieland
------------------
------------------
UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
Ace82@unrealism.com
UT Unlimited (http://utu.unrealism.com)

shaolinboxer
11-29-2001, 09:51 PM
To our Sega fans,

First, I want to thank the legion of loyal Sega fans for their unwavering enthusiasm and support over the past years - your dedication has truly been invaluable.

As you all undoubtedly know, this year Sega is transitioning from a hardware manufacturer into a platform-agnostic third party publisher. During this change, Sega has had to make some very difficult business decisions, including the cancellation of Shenmue II for Dreamcast in the U.S. market.

I realize that this announcement is a difficult one for many people to swallow, and I sincerely apologize. While I cannot detail all of the reasons that led up to this decision, I can tell you that it was made with the long-term interests of Sega fans in mind. No matter how difficult it seems, I want you to understand that any difficult choices that are made during this transition time are based on one bottom line: ensuring the longevity of beloved Sega franchises, including Shenmue. Sega is working hard to make the necessary decisions to drive our business forward while at the same time continuing to support our loyal fans.

Although the company may be changing -- we are still Sega. Although the ride has sometimes been rocky, our promise to our fans is this: We will continue to push the boundaries of gaming with new content and technology. We will continue to deliver new and innovative games. We will continue to put out the games that no one else can. We will continue to be Sega and bring you only the best that gaming has to offer.

Bear with us - the ride is going to get a lot smoother...

Best Regards,

Peter Moore
President & COO, Sega of America