PDA

View Full Version : Paulie Zink - "I've got that video"

Royal Dragon
11-30-2001, 05:09 PM
I was reading the thread, and tried to post on it, but as told it was locked? why is that? some one posted on it just before me earlier, and it went through fine. I'm replying to the reply that showed the cover of his Taoist Yoga video and that goofy position he's holding.

Anyway, I've got to say, it's a great stretching and flexibility video. Much of it is the exact same stuff my 11 year old daughter does in gymnastics (She laughed at his form by the way)!!! In fact, the picture on the cover of his video is the same posture she holds for a split second just before going into a "Press hand stand" (Damm impossible if you ask me, but she does it).

If you wanted to add some extra flexibility training to your program, this would be a good start (Personally, I would use my daughters routine but hey for an 11 year old, she's got some great stuff!!!). Is it Monkey Kung Fu? I doubt it highly. Probually some sort of Yoga system he used to get his flexibility.

I've talked with some Tai Shing guys, and they really hate Zink. I understand why they hate him, he makes them look like fools.

Hey, does anyone have some Zink video's where he shows his Monkey system? I want to see the system, but I don't want to waste any good $$ on them, so I'm looking for someone to just give me the vid's or dups of them for free. I figure any real Monkey guy might have them from his "Innocent beginner days" and not place much value on them now. royaldragon@netzero.net

RD

Those that are sucessful are also the biggest failures. the difference between them and the rest of the failures is this, they keep getting up over and over again, until they succeed. "The more they try, the more they fail, BUT, the more they try & fail, the more opertunity they have to succeed, and succeed they do!!"

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site & Message Board.

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com or http://www.dreamwater.net/biz/royaldragon/

David Jamieson
11-30-2001, 05:18 PM
RD- I closed the thread for the simple reason it conflicted with the rules of the forum, which state, and I quote...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>LIST RULES AND DISCLAIMER:
Rules are very simple here: be respectful of others. In general, this means don't slander or libel another school, instructor or person; don't use abusive language; don't waste everyone's bandwidth talking about things that don't relate to Kung Fu. Please be respectful of the system resources also [/quote]

Granted these rules are broken with every waking moment and by many of the members here. However, leniency and understanding are the Kung fu way and many of the minor indiscretions are overlooked in the knowledge that they will pass.

however, when a thread drags out and discredits a known practitioner or "sort of famous" practitioner, then this is not appropriate in the framework of the forum rules as they are laid out.

thanks for understanding
peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Richie
11-30-2001, 05:26 PM
Kung Lek, I understand where you are coming from, and sorry for the bad language, but you have to see where I coming from.

Paulie Zink mess up own style. Even though GM Chan is in the west now, he can't fully clean the image of TSPK. When people think about TSPK, Zink will be in the back of their minds. That's why I attack him. He isn't a kung fu guy in anyway.

For traditional kung fu go to www.taishingpekkwar.com (http://www.taishingpekkwar.com)

IronFist
12-01-2001, 12:30 AM
Some guys usually sell the Paulie Zink videos on eBay, though I haven't seen them for a while.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

"Don't you get cose to me with that knofe or I'll have to dofond mosolf!" - KC Elbows

Royal Dragon
12-01-2001, 01:53 AM
Ok Kung Lek I see your point.

As for the E-Bay thing, I'm NOT paying for a Zink video!!!! Especially one on Monkey Kung Fu. I've looked in to this, (called some of Chan's students and read what he had to say on his web site), enough to know Zinks probually not the best source of info.

I want the tapes to compare Zinks system with another I "May" be learnig from another source, just to make sure I'm not being sold "Zink Fu".

I figure anyone out there that already knows this stuff will place little if any value on Zink's tapes and they'd probually just send me the copy for free. I'll pay postage, and maybe a buck or too to the guy to wrap it up for shipping, but not retail for them.

Royal Dragon

Those that are sucessful are also the biggest failures. the difference between them and the rest of the failures is this, they keep getting up over and over again, until they succeed. "The more they try, the more they fail, BUT, the more they try & fail, the more opertunity they have to succeed, and succeed they do!!"

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site & Message Board.

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com or http://www.dreamwater.net/biz/royaldragon/

jon
12-01-2001, 04:50 AM
In many ways i totaly agree with you and this post is not meant to simply argue.
That said, im finding it a bit hard to figure out how exactly we have done anything which could be considered not inline with the board.
This is an open forum and discussions of style vs style will go on. This will at some point lead to talking about various masters. Whilst i can understand not wanting the board to decend into a haven for *****ing about another style or teacher. I have to also say that this board is a source of information and Paulie is a proven fraud. If people like me choose to let others know this out of concern for other martial artists, i dont really see how this is a problem.
Mr Zink sells his stuff over the net and is quite well known in the west. This invites people to question how he got his knowledge, considering he cant prove his linage or many other things, and considering he refuses to clear it up with the international TSPK community he has done this to himself.
Im sorry to bring this up again its just i fail to see how we should be stopped from informing people about a well known issue in the tcma community.
Respects :)

you cant win all the time but you cant always lose either...

rogue
12-01-2001, 05:06 AM
Blame Canada
Performed by Sheila, Ms McCormick, Liane, Sharon, Gerald, Stuart and Randy
Times have changed, our kids are getting worse..
They won't obey their parents, they just want to **** and curse!
Should we blame the Government? Or Blame Society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, Blame Canada! Blame Canada!
With all their beady little eyes, their flapping head so full of lies!
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!
We need to form a full assault, It's Canada's Fault!

Don't blame me, for my son Stan..
He saw the darn cartoon, and now he's off to join the clan!
And my boy Eric once had my picture on his shelf..
But now when he sees me, he tells me to **** myself!

Well? Blame Canada! Blame Canada!
It seems that everything's gone wrong since Canada came along..
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!
They're not even a real country anyway.

My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer, rich and true..
Instead he burned up like a piggy on a Barbecue.
Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire?
Or the Doctors who allowed him to expire?

Heck no, Blame Canada! Blame Canada!
With their hockey hullabaloo, and that ***** Anne Murray, too!
Blame Canada! Shame on Canada..
The smut we must stop.. the trash we must smash..
The laugher and fun.. must all be undone..
We must blame them.. and cause a fuss..
before somebody thinks of blaming us!

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

diego
12-01-2001, 05:08 AM
there is old zink posts so thiers a history,the mods new whats up so they closed the thread.

now as to the daytoday off topic,you would have to have been here the last year,so you know why its like that,its good though all these kf practitioners talking **** gets rid of the trolls,when was the last time you saw kf sux tae bo is greater. :)