PDA

View Full Version : Is this clip of the Rich Mooney who posts here?

Ryu
12-01-2001, 02:39 AM
http://www.xpres.net/~gmattson/video/mooney.mpg

This is not a troll at all, I'm curious as to what is going on in this video?

Ryu

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/powell/123/Imagenes/kenshin.jpg

Rimpleback Pumpernickle Kez Kez Vuy Tranh Yanagasawa Fujikage Fistibuns....
the lost son of the Fistibuns clan...

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

old jong
12-01-2001, 02:50 AM
It's an easy one...Just put a mirror in front of the guy (out of view of the camera) He has just to follow his orders! :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes:

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

Ginger Fist
12-01-2001, 03:13 AM
batta bing!! :D dude, i was going to let it go as any1 stupid enuff 2 buy in2 parlor tricks deserves 2 live in wonder ;)

Chang Style Novice
12-01-2001, 03:34 AM
I could be mistaken, but I think the big dude in those clips is Henry Rollins.

Ryu
12-01-2001, 04:27 AM
I don't buy into parlor tricks. Just wanted to know what was going on. Is it supposed to be "chi"?

I didn't know.

Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

old jong
12-01-2001, 05:15 AM
I'm affraid so! :eek:

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

Ryu
12-01-2001, 07:00 AM
Just for the record, I never said you were a fake, chi doesn't exist, etc. :)

I do take things in the martial arts world with a grain of salt unless I directly experience how they can be effective. I'm somewhat scientific when it comes to what I believe can happen in a fight, and what can't. BUT being an open minded individual, I never just block out something because I can't do it, or don't understand it. I'm very much interested in the "mystical" aspects of nature, even though I don't consider them "mystical" For a long time medicine was "mystical" until people discovered it for what it was. Nature is nature. That being said, I wasn't sure what was being shown anyway in the clip. I'm interested in Ki, but I haven't yet seen anything that would convince me that it is something that can be used for fighting. I do believe our minds have the ability to overcome inner barriers we face, heal ourselves, etc. But this to me can also be described as just the human's ability to "do what he sets his mind to" etc.

I don't know much about kung fu and chi like the people here do. I haven't seen it proven by science, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist. However, while I look for something, I tend to look both scientifically and philosophically.

So maybe I'll learn something from this thread.
I don't know. But I'm open to hear opinions, facts, etc.

Ryu

Black Belt Jones 1
12-01-2001, 06:12 PM
Are you the Sifu Mooney who used to post on the Uechi Ryu forum (Gmattson)? If so I would like to know if you have any experience in Hsing-I chuan. I want to know about how relaxed you should be when doing the forms. They say Hsing-I is the most external of the internal martial arts. This is confusing because in spite of its supposedly being more "external" most people I've talked to say that ypou must relax as when doing tai chi. How is the power generated< Becaus if you are totally limp like a wet noodle when you hit someone it doesnt have any effect. Is their some kind of solidity that is developed through this relaxed practice that can be translated into raw hard power?

Ginger Fist
12-01-2001, 11:16 PM
mooney u r a clown, ?s the matter, not enuff conned fools 2 enable u to buy advertising? get some more tatoos sissy boy, take randi's test, ez million $ if u r real. here's his address http://www.randi.org/ keep us posted :D

brucelee2
12-02-2001, 12:25 AM
Rich,

Your abilities aside for a moment, I for one think you should tone down the ****phobia in your post, regardless of whether or not you instigated it- it doesn't shed a good light on you.

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

Ryu
12-02-2001, 01:36 AM
:(

Man what have I started??

Ryu

Stacey
12-02-2001, 02:07 AM
Sorry Rich, your a charlitain.

That is the biggest load of BS I have ever seen. You make us all look bad and by producing such filth, you have offended every legit martial artist.

Funny that your tai chi "Push" has independent arm movement and incongruent tension in the hips, yet inspite of this, your "chi" is still so powerfull that you can magically pull people from accross the room.

I guess you threw away your remote control too eh?

If you DO practice some pseudo chi kung then that explains that guys organ failure. Thats the price of being a psuedo chi kung master. If you really get good at what you do, I should expect you to be bleeding from the mouth with your dubious and unrefined methods.

I'm guessing you learned all your chi kung by reading blackbelt magazine. Find a real teacher, ya loon

Carpe Diem.

http://www.freesmutserver.com/buh/jt24/tn_s05_jpg.jpg

Wongsifu
12-02-2001, 02:44 AM
reasons why i post 1 every 5 days now. too many narrow minded pr1cks on this board.
just because all you can do is be a retarded spakker kid and watch movies all day it doesnt mean other poeple cant use chi.

This is because THC is not an alkaloid. It does not contain a nitrogen atom, therefore it is a terpenophenolic compound

Stacey
12-02-2001, 04:20 AM
I was born into the martial arts community. I know real Masters. Funny thing is that they are all relaxed and pliable like a cat, not rickety and uncoordinated like you. Some can move limbs without touching, but not from over 4 inches.

Chi can't flow with movement like yours, it just doesn't happen. Boiling water doesn't have the same properies as ice.

You can attack me personally, but it doesn't make you suck any less. It was a bad move bringing your scam on a kung fu forum. We know better. If I were you I'd stick to telemarketing scams on the elderly.

Congrats, your the premier loser on KFO. Thanks for giving the arts a bad name. BTW Was Iron Kim your Master? How about Ashida? Your lower than both of them.

Carpe Diem.

Starchaser107
12-02-2001, 04:27 AM
what style/type of writing do you do?
curious...

"everything is everything"_W.Rodney

Stacey
12-02-2001, 04:48 AM
fantasy, he's quite good too. Takes you places, while staying grounded, a difficult task in that genre.

Carpe Diem.

Starchaser107
12-02-2001, 04:58 AM
Rich careful he'll send the red arsed baboons after you

Ryu
12-02-2001, 05:01 AM
Thank you, stacey. :)

Ryu

Stacey
12-02-2001, 05:03 AM
If you really think so little of me, then your quite the dickless for responding to my posts.

I see that you have added some awards from organizations that no one has ever heard of.

Let me try.

10th degree grandmaster soke of the Kudo Shorinji Tatsumaru Koga Ryu.

Grandmaster of the year (1995-1999) World Blackbelt Hall of Fame. Located in Wolf Creek Ohio.

Officer of the Chi Master guild in Palm Beach, FL.

Since your obviously a sage, you would, of course be above telling a "little girl" as you call me to suck dicky for popularity. You must be completely one with the dao. You must be, because its not like I, and anonymous teenage kung fu girl hurt your ego. Because if I did you would attack me personally, and you didn't do that :rolleyes:

Carpe Diem.

Starchaser107
12-02-2001, 05:14 AM
ryu do you mind sharing anything or giving a link?

12-02-2001, 05:48 AM
Rich Mooney, I haven't seen the clip that Ryu put up.

But judging from the way you defend yourself here, I already know that you're the real deal.

These stupid juvenile trolls have gotta learn that messing with guys like you will only bring them trouble.

Jockwurst
12-02-2001, 05:49 AM
Sorry man, but you just happened upon probably the most inept discussion board on the web. There are people like Ryu who as you have discovered actually seem to have a handle on what theyre doing. But his type is dwarfed in comparison to the little beotchs who post on here most of the time. Oh and if you havent already noticed they ALL have been in the martial arts for over 20 years. Yep and it tends to go up in 3 - 10 year gradations depending on how long its been since they last posted (couple weeks). And watch out for the alters, by that I mean people who are using several different tags. I dont think youve met any of them yet, but give it time. Sooner or later you'll see something like "Oh great (insert name), god of the martial arts! I need some info on the gaurd. You rule! your the champion, you......AARG BARF GAG...Well you get the idea. So take my advice and dont take this place too personally. Id take it as a compliment if some posters in particular were slandering me considering the source.

rogue
12-02-2001, 06:00 AM
Just to summarize,

Ryu is a very nice trouble maker who writes pretty good fantasy.

Stacy, who is angry at Rich, is a so-so speller.

Rich can make people fall down just by pointing.

Just another Sunday night at the good ol' KFO!

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Fish of Fury
12-02-2001, 06:03 AM
LOL rogue

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

vingtsunstudent
12-02-2001, 06:13 AM
no wonder you don't agree with using the bottom 3 knuckles to punch.
hell, your the man. you don't even need to touch them.
ps i love your site, i am always impressed with people who collect & love to show with picture of themselves & supposedly famous/wellknown martial artist.
wow, how can i be like you.
vts

rogue
12-02-2001, 06:16 AM
First learn how to punch properly and then you can wonder about what Rich does! :D

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Stacey
12-02-2001, 06:47 AM
well master mooney, if you and mr. moneymaker can really do all things. Then I know of a few chinese Grandmasters that will write you a check and become your disciple. You can throw people accross the room without touching them? When can we expect you or one of your many students in the UFC?

I think the CIA may have use for you. With your knowlege you can teach from your private beach in Hawaii and fly students in.

BTW. I think its really cute, when guys give their wives blackbelts. I think its really cool how powerfull you can be when your wimpy students dive for the floor and all you have to do is side step. You should really be a pro fighter. Your "waddle" is characteristic of tai chi masters who are known for lumbering from side to side.

Seriously the darth vader clip is the best. I had no idea that tense arms are conductive to chi flow, but I guess thats one of those things you learn as a lineageless "Grandmaster" who dubiously "trained" at certain schools and got his picture taken with people. If your such a good internalist, why do you have to hang around karate guys that don't know any better. Surely you should be hanging out with the chen familly and other internal experts. They have so much to learn from you. :rolleyes:

Carpe Diem.

brassmonkey
12-02-2001, 12:01 PM
Mr. Mooney is the real deal. All those who question his skills may not have heard about the first all kungfonline sponsored tournament:
http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=126197291&f=340190991&m=3941989323&r=6531900423#6531900423

Wongsifu
12-02-2001, 02:48 PM
man i love how narrow minded some of these people on the board are , it makes me feel so superior to people who have the brain capacity of frog spawn :D

This is because THC is not an alkaloid. It does not contain a nitrogen atom, therefore it is a terpenophenolic compound

Chang Style Novice
12-02-2001, 03:02 PM
I dunno about Mr. Mooney's kungfu/qigong skills, but the way he tries to tar anyone who dissents from his opinion with ad hominem sexual slander doesn't earn him any debate points. In fact, it makes him look like an insecure, narrowminded, blowhard bigot.

(awaiting sexual slander hurled toward myself)

scotty1
12-02-2001, 04:03 PM
You're not a commie are you? :D ;)

"Some people, irrespective of skill, are just wankers." -Satanachia

black and blue
12-02-2001, 04:32 PM
Just watched some of M's clips on his third link.

Just...too...good! Luke Skywalker couldn't touch this man. LOL? I almost ****ed myself... err, maybe that was one of M's techniques too... pointing at me from a distance and making me empty my bladder.

For God's sake :rolleyes:

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (message on general Kung Fu forum)

*Fook the lot of 'em*

old jong
12-02-2001, 04:53 PM
I think Moony is the only guy able to have real sex on the phone!...Long distance! :D

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

shaolinboxer
12-02-2001, 06:04 PM
I have seen other exercises in leading that are similar.

Although the clips do seem exaggerated, the general principal is can function as a way to manipulate your opponent but ceasing their concentration. (Like when han solo distracts greedo by picking at the wall over his shoulder in the cantina, making greedo miss him with the laser pistol ;) ).

Ryu
12-02-2001, 06:37 PM
Starchaser, if you go back in the past threads
you'll come to an excerpt from a copyrighted story I have.

Ryu

Chang Style Novice
12-02-2001, 06:41 PM
Ryu, I've been meaning to ask - what's so bad about being a monkey who delights in adorning himself in garbage? That describes some great MA innovators, you know, or didn't you ever see 2001, A Space Odyssey?

old jong
12-02-2001, 06:58 PM
Yeah ,He just had to trow a bone in the air and it turned into an orbiting space station!...What was the question again? :confused:

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

jimmy23
12-02-2001, 07:04 PM
Rich , I have never met you, but the way you react to criticism makes you look like any other martial charlatan Ive run across. You have a "mystical " skill, but cant do it for a scientific study, and of course, it doesnt work in the cage (my personal measuring rod).

"Since you are not even out of your teenage years, I will forgive you your transgression of being prejudiced."

how regal of you!

"Get some plastic surgery or something, after seeing your face at your "homepage", I would
be careful about going outside if I were you.
You could scare people! "

Very mature response, I would be proud to have you as a role model (sarcasm, BTW)

" Unlike you, who are a no named nobody."
"Maybe you should suck more. People might pay more attention to you"

very nice here, you come across as an egomaniac, a "look at how important I am and youre not".

Your behavior does not inspire faith on your claims.

"A group of guys walks towards, and pass by you. It seems that nothing happens. Later, of by "surprse" a person with a big hammer slam on your skull. True story. That person still have a big hole on his head.
What can you do??????"

scotty1
12-02-2001, 07:08 PM
Spot the fu(k on. :) :D

"Some people, irrespective of skill, are just wankers." -Satanachia

Water Dragon
12-02-2001, 07:16 PM
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

I take two days off to get slammed around on a mat and miss this? Now I'm mad.

Anyway...

ROFLMAO @ this thread.

Dragon Warrior
12-02-2001, 10:47 PM
Mr. Mooney

If you can move people without touching them, can you move inannamate objects to? The reason im skeptical about your skills is because the people you demonstrate on may be in on your scam. If you moved a rock or table or something like that, i would be more impressed.

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Ginger Fist
12-03-2001, 04:12 AM
I know you are, but what am I?

--hellified zinger there dirt bucket. put some ice on ur head to cool down after that brain fa*rt :D

I guess if I am a clown that makes YOU A PEDOPHILE.

--no on the pedophile, yes on ur a clown, thanks 4 confirming it :D

why should I need advertising, you are doing enough of that for me already.

--thass right tur*dbrains, advertising that ur stuff is utter sh*it ;)

My material is the very best, and it sells itself.

--bbbbwwwaaahhhaaa!!! mooney, mooney, mooney, ...
poor lil delusional mooney. u should never have huffed all that glue as a kid, really scrambled ? little mind u might have had :eek:

I don't see any articles written by you, no videos, no seminars.

--u've done a lot of self-promoting and conning 4 sure :D

it's spelled "tattoos", white trash.

--thanks moonpie, don't have any impressive ink stuck under my skin declaring myself as a self-destructive sack of sh*it :D

you should get out of your trailer some.

--not every1 is as culturally deprived or mentally depraved as u girlie boy, don't generalize ur failings 2 the overall population ;)

As far as sissy boy, thats awfully brave talk for someone who hasn't got hair one on their chest.

--mooney, i told u to quit secretly video taping guys undressing :eek:

--"take randi's test, ez million $ if u r real."

why should I take his test. I know my stuff works.

--here, read this real slow cuz u r 1 retarded sack of maggot sh*it $1,000,000 if ur stuff is real :D

I keep getting asked back for seminars, my articles keep getting printed in all the magazines.

--oh ... okay, so u don't have the time 2 swing by, take a test & collect $1,000,000 right, sure mooney, sure :rolleyes:

I travel all over the world and do all the things you will only dream of.

--have mercy!!! bad enuff you admit 2 checking me out in disrobe, now ur copping to dream theft, u r a hopeless pervert & criminal :eek:

Tell you what, your "profile" if it is to be believed, says you are wealthy beyond avarice.

--improper use of the word avarice, nice try with ur community college aa degree & all ;)

tell you what richie-rich, grow some balls, fly down here on daddy's jet, and talk the same smack to my face.

--tell u ? moonmaggot, just hop on by here on 1 of ur world tours. better yet, put ur empty(headed) force cra*p to the test & collect a quick $1,000,000. then u can get beyond ur ford pinto and u-haul gig ;)

My school address is on my homepage, you are more than welcome to pop on down for a class.

--just can't get huckstering out of ur blood, eh, snot nose? :p

whose us? you, your mother and the 26 cats in your trailer ...

--leave ur family & pus*sy fantasy out of it mooooooooooooney. it's all 'bout u, pole smoker, all 'bout u :p

Join the Armed Forces, and serve your country.

--oh lawd have mercy, a zoomie puke, i should've known :D hey fly boy, you girlies do a fine job of transporting real soldiers 2 battle and then clearing the hell out be4 the fighting begins. u also do a fine job of dropping bombs from high altitude, don't have to deal with all that messy bloody guts stuff ;) u served a lot of blow jobs no doubt :eek:

Become a true citizen, ...

--& steal from ur fellow country men by selling bullsh*it that is worthless. then attempt to squirm out of the fact that a mere $1,000,000 doesn't interest u as ur 2 busy making peanuts in some shi*tbag seminar gig, yeah, sure mudpie :p

Learn to be a true martial artist, instead of someone who only pretends at it.

--moonie knows pretend, it's all u do wussy boy, & u do it well, pretending that is. now 'bout that $1,000,000 just waiting 4 u & ur empty force powers ... :rolleyes: & work on getting some more magic runes needled in2 ur skin, ink up that super charger sticking out of the middle of ur face u call a nose :D

les paul
12-03-2001, 05:19 AM
In the first mpeg on Moony's site, it looks to me like he just told the guy standing in front of him "after a while go ahead and lean forward I'll co-ordinate my hand movements with your body leaning forward." that's how that scam looks to be pulled off. simple!!!!

Judging by the length of Moonies responses to his "huckstering" he must be running out of suckers! or feels threatend

I bet he doesn't get too many offers for return visits. "though I could be wrong," there is a sucker born every second.

However, just because there is a fool on every street corner doesn't mean this guys is real.

"I dont know this guy (and I don't wish too!) but his mpeg's remind me of the time I caught this guy saying he could project qi. He had a walking cane with a few battery in it. He would walk up to you and shock you. "said it was qi projection." If it didn't work (usally because someone had rubber soled shoes on) he would take them outside and make them stick there finger in wet soil (i.e. completing the circut!!!!) and Zap!!!!! Tried it with me then I said "put down cane" He Gave me a bunch of crap, saying he needed to stand in order to project his Qi. I said "hold on" I have some friends, let them hold you up" Now put down the cane and try it, I said. One thing led to another and to make this story short, upon investigation of the cane my friends and I found "four D sized batteries" in the **** thing.

This guy was a huckster in a half.

I get the same feeling watching Monnies mpegs.

Also If Black belt magizine gave a guy like this a hall of fame award....... "ooooh man!" that speaks volumes of the people running and operating that rag.

and let's face it..... that magizine is a rag! if ever there was a rag!

Spanky

Can you say $$$$$$$$$$$$

Show me the Moony!

jimmy23
12-03-2001, 05:59 AM
uh, yea, man, whatever you say

"A group of guys walks towards, and pass by you. It seems that nothing happens. Later, of by "surprse" a person with a big hammer slam on your skull. True story. That person still have a big hole on his head.
What can you do??????"

Stacey
12-03-2001, 06:23 AM
I noticed ol'e mooney has moved on, probably to ashidas board where he can fool people.

Its funny how easilly he can sidestep to throw without touching, but when I attacked his ego, he stood firm and got smacked. Then lashed out in childish rage; taking the bait and showing his true colors and making himself look like an ass.

another game of push hands played with human emotions. For an internalist, he was too easy. The tao of strategy is the tao of the warrior.

Carpe Diem.

jimmy23
12-03-2001, 06:28 AM
he did kind of disappear didnt he?

What can you do??????"

Watchman
12-03-2001, 08:02 AM
No Jimmy, "napolean duarte" is Mooney's troll alias.

gfhegel21
12-04-2001, 01:06 PM
Napoleon Duarte=Rich Mooney

JasBourne
12-04-2001, 03:02 PM
heeheeehee

The grand exalted cheesemaster is back, with his rusty sidekick/alter ego napoleon!

Hey guys, I have some beachfront property in Kansas for sale, step right up and buy your piece afore it's all gone!! You can set up your amazing awesome chi franchise right on the water!

:D :D :D

Nexus
12-04-2001, 03:14 PM
In the awesome clip, one might take into account that the victim being punched is as "double weighted" in his stance as they come.

- Nexus

joedoe
12-04-2001, 04:13 PM
But it does not look like he is in a bow stance at all. In fact it looks like he is just standing there.

But as you point out, you can't see his legs so it is hard to tell. :)

joedoe
12-04-2001, 04:44 PM
I guess it would have lent the clip a bit more cred if you could a) see his legs and/or b) see the tangsoodo guy pushing him around.

Water Dragon
12-05-2001, 10:41 AM
Mooney,
Let's assume you DO have the real thing. You're still embellishing the hell out of the skills. If your honest, those who know will support you. As it is now, you appear to be a side show charlatan.

jimmy23
12-05-2001, 11:00 AM
So, you're "qimaster" now? Are you a dual personality, where youre rude as Rich Mooney but polite as "Qimaster"?

Looking more and more like a phony, I do say....

Archangel
12-05-2001, 11:34 AM
"why should I take his test. I know my stuff works. I keep getting asked back for seminars, my articles keep getting printed in all the magazines. I travel all over the world and do all the things you will only dream of."

Or is it because all of those things would come to an end if you were put through a scientific test. It really seems that you do care what we think, otherwise you would not even bother posting on this forum. If you don't need the money, then feel free to donate it to your favourite charity, don't use that as an excuse. You really should stop posting those video clips though. they are cheap, unconvincing and amateurish; and really do nothing to further your cause.

P.S. If you are proven real I will eat all of my words

jjj
12-05-2001, 11:42 AM
Very impressive Mr. Mooney, but here is the one true test:
Can you make a chicken explode?

bamboo_ leaf
12-05-2001, 11:44 AM
Just wondering if you have come across people that you couldn’t pull or push with “kong jin”

If you did what would you attribute it to?

Not to question weather you can or can not do what is shown, have you ever used this ability in some type of self-defense situation?

I have talked with people who have directly experienced things like this from a master in china. The master is rather unknown. What skills his student display I would say are quite amazing. Something close to what the YI qaun guys can do.

intresting clips

Paul
12-05-2001, 11:48 AM
Is this you Qimaster?

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/an_empty_force.htm

Sharky
12-05-2001, 12:01 PM
"Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker, congratulating Rich on his induction into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame"

lol

Kuen
12-05-2001, 12:27 PM
Because being small minded and prejudiced is not the path to a happy and fulfilling life.

Good advice, now heed it.

If you are polite to me, I shall be polite to you, and answer you earnestly and kindly.

uh, yeah. So we all noticed when you began flinging your feces at everyone who didn't see things exactly as you do.

gfhegel21
12-05-2001, 01:59 PM
Regarding the www.uechi-ryu.com article:

I browsed through the archives to the forum on that website, and found the discussions mentioned. And guess what:

IT WAS MOONEY.

He failed miserably, as the article states. Either:
(1) he honestly thought he would be able to move people through walls or
(2) He thought he was smart enough to fool the test; i.e., he was too dim to realize he would be exposed as a fraud.

So, qimaster, what say you? The test was rigged?

Knifefighter
12-05-2001, 02:28 PM
I e-mailed Mr. Mooney about doing a demo of applications of his stuff for MMA fighters and maybe following up with future seminars. He said he wasn't interested because he already had too many seminars planned.

Water Dragon
12-05-2001, 02:30 PM
LOL

gfhegel21
12-05-2001, 02:39 PM
Also, on the uechi-ryu boards, which is civilized beyond any other corner of the internet I've visited, Mooney is as rude and arrogant as ever.

apoweyn
12-05-2001, 03:01 PM
well, i don't want to get too embroiled in this. but a couple of things. first, personally, i would have a hard time describing myself or anything i do as 'awesome' with a straight face. but whatever. this is self promotion. that's necessary sometimes.

second, if you watch the clip, pause it just as the guy holding the pad gets hit. both of his legs are side by side. given the orientation of his body before the shot, combined with that, i can't see how he could have been in a front stance. if this was the guy that couldn't be budged by a tang soo do expert, i'd kind of like to see the tang soo do expert.

finally, he's standing in a lowered area in the mat. the mat behind him is raised. when he steps backward, it looks like he looses his balance. trips perhaps.

i don't know. i'd honestly like to believe. but this isn't doing it for me.

stuart b.

Braden
12-05-2001, 03:17 PM
Anyone with a basic education in stage magic and a moderate level of talent for it can do the 'distance pulling' shown in these clips. Anyone trained in hypnosis can similarly do these feats, and much more dramatic ones. They are mainstays in stage magic, but completely out of place from a traditional understanding of qigong.

If Qimaster wants to consider this point - what makes your methods different from the methods of stage magic and hypnotism? Aside from, of course, the 'training' you advocate as necessary for achieving them. What makes you attribute the results to qigong?

A separate point - in what way are these methods useful for self-defense?

jimmy23
12-05-2001, 03:34 PM
man knifefighter has offered this guy a venue , and students, wonder why he doesnt accept?

Black Jack
12-05-2001, 04:06 PM
How many frauds does it take to screw in a light bulb??????

Ashida Kim, Frank Dux, Count Dante, Iron C Kim, the mighty mister Ssss from Shaolin Do, Captain Painter, George Dillman, that Tai Chi guy who say's he can move clouds with his mind, that Silat freak who say's he can turn into a panther, Freddy V and Mr. Moody of course.

Ky-Fi
12-05-2001, 04:12 PM
Call me "Mr. Picky", but getting into pathetically denigrating, insulting arguments with anonymous posters on an internet forum doesn't really jibe with my definition of "master". :)

Braden
12-05-2001, 04:25 PM
Qimaster -

I'm awfully fond of standing qigong for martial and health benefits as well. I'm curious only about the 'distance pulling' effects on your videos.

I realize you do not do hypnosis nor stage magic; my question is more concerned with 'perhaps you stumbled upon the same mechanics while doing something else.' Since you haven't tried this stuff 'for real', you don't know for sure if it'll work 'for real' (-> basically speaking, the hypnosis and stage magic stuff won't). I'm just curious about the differences between what you do and what a hypnotist or illusionist does (in terms of the actual doing and the results, not the method of training), which may or may not be the same thing as the answer to 'why do you attribute what you do to a different mechanism than what is responsable for what a hypnotist or illusionist does.'

In regards to the point on self-defense, can you elaborate on some self-defense applications of your alleged skill? Your videos show you slowly and gently pulling someone towards you from behind at a distance. An interesting trick, surely, but not one that has any self-defense value. Is the implication that you can accomplish the same feat quicker and more ballistically, from the front, against an attacker that is aggresively closing on you, or has allready closed to the clinching range? Do you claim to be able to this? Are there other applications?

I apologize if the answers to this are allready in the thread. For the most part, this thread has been back and forth empty insults which are completely a waste of time to read.

Braden
12-05-2001, 04:33 PM
Reading back over the essay you first posted, most of what you say sounds perfectly reasonable for anyone with experience in the internal arts, and certainly 'jives' with what I have learnt - particularly the effects of 'intention'; both yours and your 'assailants.'

Again, the thing that 'concerns' me is only the 'empty force' aspect. For example, there are certainly a wide variety of practitioners who have remarkable abilities in regards to what you would call 'contact energy' and 'wei qi' (ie. for the layman: they hit hard, and are really healthy), yet who don't show the slightest amount of 'empty force' (and indeed, some who fall into this category are very outspoken against the idea of 'empty force', as I'm sure you know). In your perspective, what is going on here?

joedoe
12-05-2001, 07:35 PM
I know someone has probably asked this before, but can you move inanimate objects with it? For example, you you close a door or move a pen with it?

Just curious because you talk about people being sensitive to it. I am trying to understand what it is that you do. Are you linking into and manipulating their energy, or using your own energy to carry out the movement? Or am I completely off the track?

Xebsball
12-05-2001, 08:22 PM
Hey, a real neat aplication is to make the guys eyes to close, than you hit him when he is blind.

Royal Dragon
12-05-2001, 08:52 PM
In all honesty, I don't know what to make of your "Skills" as i have not seen them first hand. What i want to know is this:

What are theses Lin Kong Jing exercises, and how do they build "Chi" Is it similar to the Taji Ruler of the Chao Family Fist? Does it use the "Open", "Close" type of mechanics like other internal arts? How about the breathing? Do you breath in on the open? or the close? Do you breath in the chest and then drop the air? or do you breath in to the Dantien right off?

Could you describe some of the exercises In enough detail for me to be able to compare them to Qi Gong I have from the Chao Family's Nei Quan?

Also, who was the Chao family memebr your Taji Ruler comes from again? I know you told me once, but I forgot the answer.

Thanks,

Royal Dragon

joedoe
12-05-2001, 08:59 PM
Thank you for answering my questions. I am just trying to get an idea of the art you practice.

Stacey
12-05-2001, 09:44 PM
a true con artist that is.

a little common sense please.

Its one thing not to be "open minded" but most of us have experience with chi gung, nei gung etc. Many of us have seen and felt true masters, and this guy just doesn't fit the bill. By the way he gets angry, I can tell he has weak liver chi. How then can he move people with weak liver chi?

Thats like riding a bike with a stick in the spokes.

The darth video clip involves a man acting entranced and then hopping. I can do this all in the name of the lord and make some money down south. But only with people who don't read.

We have all seen clips of O'sensei. A true master of the martial arts. He had chi ability, but couldn't move people. Compare how poised he was, compared to this clown. There is simply no comparison. I respect everyone's opinion, but I have a low tolerence for stupidity.

joedoe
12-05-2001, 10:10 PM
to qimaster, as he says, if you have never met him or trained with him, then how can you really judge that?

So until I meet him in person, then I will keep an open mind about what he does :D

scotty1
12-06-2001, 06:57 AM
Hi, its me. All of our verbal sparring in the past has been over my perception of your conduct on the board, but you seem to have addressed that a few pages ago. I do not know enough of Chi Kung to include myself in this debate over your skills, so I hope we can seperate the two issues (personal and martial) and you can answer this for me :

"Standing meditation is the ultimate method for developing power in martial arts, either internal or external styles"

Is that like Zhan Zhaung (sp?)? The 'Lohan Embracing Buddha'
position? How does that increase your power? Is it better than or should it be included with 'Lifting The Sky?'

And nobody give me any 'don't take advice from him he's a fake' comments please. I'm just starting with Chi Kung and I would like to know Mr Mooneys opinion.

scotty1
12-06-2001, 08:32 AM
But do you think a reasonable Chi Kung beginners programme might be 10-20 Lifting the Sky followed by some standing chi kung?

scotty1
12-06-2001, 09:17 AM
So does the stance for martial benefit tend to be lower/wider, to increase stress on your body? Or am I way off?:confused:

Nexus
12-06-2001, 11:10 AM
Lower stances such as the wide horse stance which we often do wave hands like clouds in, as well as one legged stances "pheonix rising" and others build leg strength. These stances can help promote kicking power as well but are mainly focussed on giving us a better root and the leg strength to make transitions during form movements.

- Nexus

Guandi
12-06-2001, 11:55 AM
qimaster, this was really a stupid reply. Don't you have anything to say beside from the crap in you last message?

Guandi

Water Dragon
12-06-2001, 03:27 PM
Anyone ever notice that this guy can spit out all kinds of impressive sounding names, stories, anecdotes, etc. But can't provide even one concrete example of the actual practice? Well read does not indicate well versed. Me thinks Mr. Mooney should be able to describe at least one aspect of the actual practice that can't be found in the books. i.e. oral tradition.

rubthebuddha
12-06-2001, 03:44 PM
i have an idea for this: credentials!

those are always nice. i've always been fond of credentials. anyone have any? :rolleyes:

Royal Dragon
12-06-2001, 05:09 PM
Chao, Jung Dao is the person I was thinking of. His age is listed as being 108 in our history. 108 being a significant number to the Chinese. It just means he was over 100 years old, not that he actually was 108 (or 118 as you say). Our books say he was born in 1844, but that is suspect if you ask me, it could have been 1864 for all we know, things tend to get stretched abit sometimes. I think if he was under 100, they would list his age, but because he is over 100 they say he was 108. In al honesty, I bet know-one knows how old he was, they just knew he was old.

The internal Chao Family Fist also has a Taji system consisting of two main forms (37 and 64 moves), and Elbow form and some shortened versions of the second (64 move) form. It also has the standard Push hands and sticky hands practice. I think there is Hsing I and Bagua in there two, but those are probually later additions to the system (IMOP). In addition to that the Chao Family Nei Quan also has a rudimentary Taoist Natural Fist system. Do you have any of this as well? I seem to remeber asking you before, but I don't remember your answer.

Anyway, when i'm ready to get to it, I'll call. In the mean time, my E-Mail is Royaldragon@netzero.net

If you want to mail some thing I'm at PO. Box 262 Addison Il. 60101

Royal Dragon

Royal Dragon
12-06-2001, 05:20 PM
Does it use the "Open", "Close" type of mechanics like other internal arts?

>> Yes we have an opening and a closing sequence

I think you misunderstand, I was refering to the internal mechanics specifically related to the opening and closing of the torso, or the accordian like compression and expansion motions of the torso found in most (if not all) internal arts (I'm thinking of Li Hu, Pa Fa specifically).