PDA

View Full Version : The Healer

GeneChing
12-19-2023, 11:50 AM
Young Talents Shine in New TV Pilot, The Healer, Produced by Chris Shelton and MMA legend Cung Le (https://lawire.com/young-talents-shine-in-new-tv-pilot-the-healer-produced-by-chris-shelton-and-mma-legend-cung-le/)
https://lawire.com/wp-content/uploads/elementor/thumbs/mvv-e1702944224564-qh0lb3gv0ghpoxty05knl2j9mh3vbl9bq5lit4sbxs.jpg
Photo Credit: Ricky Vuong
Published by: Los Angeles Wire Staff
December 18, 2023

In an exciting turn of events, a group of young, talented actors recently wrapped up filming for their first scripted TV show pilot, The Healer. Produced by the dynamic duo Cung Le and Chris Shelton and directed by Hollywood showrunner Victor Migalchan, this new sitcom promises to bring a fresh perspective to the small screen, blending reality with humor in a way that’s never been seen before.

The cast, consisting of Life Academy finalists Josslyn Banh, Ian Chen, Michael Vuong, Veronica Gnip, and the newly discovered gems, upcoming martial arts champion and action star Alaina Chao and Annie and Axie star Kimberly Tang, delivered standout performances, showcasing their dedication and hard work. This project marks the first scripted show for these young talents, who transitioned seamlessly from reality shows to the world of scripted television. The show allowed them the opportunity to experience the thrill of taking on their first paid roles and even rub shoulders with martial arts legend Cung Le.

https://lawire.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/mv.jpg
https://lawire.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/vm.jpg

The Healer brought its own set of surprises and challenges, especially for the Life Academy finalists. Migalchan emphasizes that it’s not a mere transition but a culmination of training, experience, and dedication. Migalchan also expressed his pride in the cast’s progress since their days in Life Academy. “Seeing these kids on set, how they grew and how well they deliver was an amazing experience. Seeing how happy they were with their work and how happy were their parents – it was the most rewarding,” he reflects. He extends gratitude to the parents for their support and presence on set, acknowledging the honor it is to work with such dedicated families.

Migalchan, who also serves as the mentor to the young cast, further emphasized, “I’m very proud of their results. We were all delighted to work with these young talents, and for me, when I see how well they progress and work, it just makes me happy and fills my life with purpose.”

The cast’s dedication and hard work impacted the overall atmosphere on set, creating a positive and collaborative environment. The crew and parents were amazed at how well the young talents bonded and maintained their friendships, adding to the overall joy of the production.

The TV pilot, The Healer, is based on a true story that inspired its unique narrative. Its plot follows the life of Dr. Chris Shelton, who faced death twice and overcame extreme challenges through qigong, taiji, and traditional Chinese medicine. Migalchan, a sinologist deeply rooted in Chinese tradition, connected with Shelton on a personal level, setting the stage for an inspiring collaboration.

Migalchan spoke about the collaborative experience with producers Chris Shelton, Parisa Shelton, and Cung Le. “We have a very strong, powerful relationship with Cung Le. We are stronger than brothers. The Father brought us together, and it’s amazing. We are one strong family together. We work on projects, help people, and bring good to the community. With Chris Shelton and Parisa Shelton, we got a very nice connection based on our background in martial arts and Chinese culture. The story and understanding connected right away. Working with them was a very nice experience.”

The Healer stands out as a new type of sitcom, not only for its compelling story but also for addressing real social issues faced by veterans, teenagers dealing with anxiety and depression, individuals in transition, and themes of faith, discipline, and determination.

Blending elements of reality with humor posed a creative challenge for the team. “It did take us some time to infuse the true story with TV elements and humor,” admits Migalchan. However, the talented team of writers and crew successfully navigated this, creating a sitcom that strikes a perfect balance between reality and entertainment. “Great team makes great results, and I’m proud of my team of writers and my crew on set,” Migalchan proudly shares.

With post-production underway, the team is gearing up for the pilot presentation, eager to introduce audiences to the world of The Healer. Stay tuned for a rollercoaster of emotions, laughter, and inspiration, as this sitcom promises to break the mold and redefine the way we look at life.

Chris Shelton and Cung Le, The Healer Wonder where this will be televised.