PDA

View Full Version : Children, Discipline, Martial Arts?

Silent Dragon
12-03-2001, 03:09 AM
My son is 4 years old, and I do not want him to go through the stages of getting picked on. What age is the best to start Martial Arts? Sometimes I think he's been ready, because he is good at imitatting me. Should I, join him at my school, where Discipline for children is number one or send him, where he will learn to kick some @$$, and what style?????? Thanks in Advance for all reponse!!!

qeySuS
12-03-2001, 04:39 AM
May sound weird but i'd propably send my kid to a Judo school or some, mainly because i would want there to be some self defense element in it which is rarely taught in f.x. Kung Fu, Karate or TKD class, plus i wouldnt want him hitting everyone in school, throwing would be better :P

Maybe that's just me :) Keep in mind i'm only 18 so i have no idea what's best this is just me trying to be wise.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

KungFuGuy!
12-03-2001, 05:46 AM
Yes, judo is probably a good choice. At school when I was 5, I kept bugging this girl that I liked, since that's what little boys do. Anyway, she got sick of it and hip throwed me onto the grass, it really hurt :(

EARTH DRAGON
12-03-2001, 06:48 AM
I teach children but 5 years old is the youngest age to start them, why?
before 5 (kindergarden) they have no stucture like getting up on time, listening to other people, introduction of learning and so on...

Any matial art is good for kids, it shouldnt matter what stlye becuse kids wont use what they have learned for quite a long time so stlye isint as important as location teacher and other students their age.

If as you said you take them to a place to kick *ss then you are missing the point of matial arts lessons for children. It is better to instill better judgment in kids to prevent them from trying to kick *ss , then teaching them how to. Do you see my point? i have had posistve results with many children and I teach a highly respected fighting art, 8 step praying mantis kung fu, but by the time they feel comfortable to use it chances are they have learned why not to!

http://www.kungfuUSA.net