PDA

View Full Version : Liu He Quan

xingyiman
12-03-2001, 03:29 AM
I know that Xingyiquan styles incorporate Liu He(Six Combinations) concepts in order to use full body power in the manifestation of jing. But I have heard that Liu He Quan is a style in itself. Does anyone know any information on this style? Is it Shaolin based? Are Liu He body alignment principles in the internal martial arts derivative of this particular style? Thanks.

Also, a funny cartoon: http://www.joecartoon.com/cartoons/nofowl.html

Felipe Bido
12-03-2001, 03:42 AM
Xinyi Liuhequan is the branch of Xingyiquan practiced in Henan province. It's mainly practiced by the chinese muslims. It contains very simple and wide circular movements, with heavy rooted footwork.

Liuhequan is probably the oldest Xingyi style to date. It is said it was spread by Ma Xueh Li, disciple of Ji Long Feng.

The style doesn't have the five elements forms (Though it is said that it contains the principles of the five elements in its animal forms) It only has 10 animals and some linking forms.

A good website with good info is Jarek's Webpage (http://homepages.msn.com/spiritst/xinyi/index)

I got a lot of Xinyiliuhe pictures, but it'd take me a while to post them here.

-------------------------

No more D, buddy...No more D!- Tenacious D

NorthernShaolin
12-06-2001, 09:12 PM
Xingyiman,

Lui Ho or Lui He is a style known as Six Combinations and is known to contain principals of internal and external. This style belongs to the Wei T'o style which is a branch of Honan Shaolin. Today, it is regard as part of the Northern Shaolin style. The style can be best described as soft and hard principals of Shaolin. There are twenty four sets within the style but only seven sets are commonly taught. Therer are ten hand sets but are rare outside of China. Only the first four hand sets commonly taught outside of China. They are Lui Ho Chuan, Green Dragon fist, Black Tiger Fist and Mother-Son Link.

It is documented that this was the first style to combined internal and external principals. The external components are 1. eyes, 2. hands and 3. feet. The internal components are 1. mind, 2. Chi, 3. force. All six components must be combined together. For example the hands and feet must be coordinated as well as the mind and the body. Acting as one unit, then the chi flows and when the chi flows then the force will exist.

In application: heart must be unified, mind and breath unified, breath and strength unified and the body and hand combined, hand and legs combined, legs and stepping combined. When this occurs, the three externals and three internals are formed into the body and then the mind and spirit are alert.

:) :cool:

XiaoLong
12-07-2001, 03:30 AM
Shaolin Lui He Chuan is also the name of a two persons unarmed fighting set in the northern Shaolin Kung Fu. Still can be learned in the schools near Shaolin. :rolleyes:

Shaolin Master
12-07-2001, 06:24 AM
Liu He Quan Examples

Tong Zhong Yi's Liu He Quan :

Wong Lai Shen's Liu He Men :
Routines - as prementioned and some of the additional six are (Still found outside China) :

- Liu Jia Quan (Six Families)
- Si Zhong Quan (Four Centres)
- Mei Hua Quan (Plum Blossom)
- Lien Huan Qiao (Continuous Kicks)

Songshan Shaolin :
six routines of Liu He Quan - 2-man sets
also Liu He Quan single man set.

Felipe Bido
12-07-2001, 12:04 PM
I hope to be able to post more than one :mad:

Felipe Bido
12-07-2001, 12:06 PM
Seems that I can't. Ok, here's another

buddhapalm
01-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Dear NorthernShaolin,

Do you have any more information about the "Wei T'o style which is a branch of Honan Shaolin"

Any more information would be great.

Is it the same as Wan Lai Shengs Liu He Quan ?

Cheers

David

NafAnal
01-29-2002, 08:12 AM
http://www.liuswushu.com.au/

A little bit of info about wan lai sheng. Also, look under arts for some info on Liu he quan, also some cool ziranmen stuff.

NorthernShaolin
01-30-2002, 12:43 AM
Buddha Palm,

Yes it is the same as Wan Li Sheng's Lui Ho Chuan. In fact, his style is called Northern Shaolin Wei T'o Lui Ho Chuan. The style contain 10 sets as mention above.

Both Shaolin Master and I posted information on this style in the past several times. If you cannot find it let me know and I'll post it again.

buddhapalm
02-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Dear NorthernShaolin,
Thanks for your reply and apologies for my delay. I have been digging for your old post regarding Liu He Quan, but could not find it still.

Any information on Wei T'o Liu He Quan or directions towards finding your old post would be great.

Thanks again NorthernShaolin.

Buddhapalm

NorthernShaolin
02-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Buddhapalm,

You're right! It's not there. The infomation must have got lost when KFO changed their server. I'll have to dig up my old note and find the info you want.

Hope I can find it.

buddhapalm
02-08-2002, 03:32 AM
Thanks so much !

I hope its not so much trouble.

Buddhapalm