PDA

View Full Version : Help! A Recomendation Please!

Kram1
12-03-2001, 07:28 AM
Hello All,

I recently found out that I must immediately relocate to the Norfolk / Little Creek Va. area. I would like to continue my KF training. Though I would prefer to stay with Mantis, I am open to any serious style. The instructor is the most important thing to me. One who knows his applications, and teaches them.
If you can find the time, please let me know of anyone who might fit the bill, and why. I appreciate your time,and thank you in advance.

MArk

And So It Goes...

brucelee2
12-03-2001, 08:41 AM
i think park bok nam, who is a famous bagua master, might teach in that area. Do a search for him on any search engine and you'll find him. good luck.

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

Kram1
12-04-2001, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the tip. Why would you recomend Mr. Park? Ba Gua is one of the arts I am interested in.

Any one else?

MArk

Kram1
12-06-2001, 04:12 PM
I found Park Bok Nam, but he's in Richmond, too far. However one of his students, Peter Buckman, has a school near wher I'll be. Do you know of him?

Theres also a Jow Ga school there under a guy named Hoy K Lee. Anyone know him or his system?

MArk

Kram1
12-07-2001, 04:02 AM
Just Bumping this up. Anyone know these guys? Or any other good ones in the area?

MArk

Kram1
12-08-2001, 09:40 PM
Leaving tomorrow, to get processed back into the military,thought I'd try again for schools in the Va. Beach area. Any Good ideas?

MArk

brucelee2
12-09-2001, 11:26 AM
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you- I hadn't checked this thread in a while. Anyway, I don't know either of those teachers. I would recommend asking the guy who studied with Park how long he studied with Park for and HOW OFTEN (I have heard that some of Park's students/teachers aren't too good because they only train with him like a few times a year. Other than than, I would recommend checking out the other teachers in the area and see who you get the best vibe from. Don't they usually have martial arts teachers around army bases? Best of luck-

Merryprankster
12-10-2001, 02:19 PM
There is a guy in VA Beach who teaches a style called "Chi-Lin," Kung Fu. I have absolutely no idea what this is or what it means. HOWEVER, his name is William (Bill) Varner and he is fairly well connected with the martial artists in the area, because he runs sportive fights in that area from time to time.

I believe his website is here http://chi-lin.org/vbama/

Nice guy. Good group of fellows to train with. You will also be exposed to BJJ, Sambo, Muay Thai and Arnis.

Again, if this doesn't suit your tastes, I believe he probably knows somebody who will.