PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: CLAYMOORE

KC Elbows
11-05-2001, 08:06 PM
I'd like to check out the hsing yi you study. Let me know if you want to get together and practice sometime on the MO side. I usually practice at the Nelson-Atkins Museum, but I could meet you wherever. I'm interested in seeing some hsing yi, as the art I practice uses similar power generation to hsing yi.

KC Elbows
11-06-2001, 01:21 AM
One more try

phipsi229
11-06-2001, 05:38 PM
Work was insane yesterday so I did not get a chance to respond. I would be interested in working out together. I will warn you that I have not been studying very long so my knowledge is limited. If you want a better example, we have class on Monday nights at the YMCA downtown at 10th and Washington at 6:00 PM and are always happy to have more people.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be."

KC Elbows
11-06-2001, 07:09 PM
One of these weeks I'll try to make it out. I can't afford another school, but I'd like to get to know some more of the local kung fu people. As far as being a beginner, no problem. 10th and Washington, I'll remember that. What are you learning right now in your class?

phipsi229
11-06-2001, 09:11 PM
We are still learning the early forms which are a variation of Bagua due to the crossover between the two styles. The Hsing-I comes later. Otherwise just your basic wushu - punches, some kicks, and some chi-nas - nothing fancy. The Monday night class is mostly beginners with a couple of older students who help out.

I know what you mean about not affording any other classes, and I do not know when I could schedule them in anyway. You are always welcome to come by and say hi. Do you live in Midtown or up north?

KC Elbows
11-06-2001, 09:34 PM
I live in Shawnee. If you're looking for more kung fu to take, my teacher teaches free of charge. Its a related art to yours, so you probably wouldn't find the training would interfere with the training you're receiving. We practice from 6 PM to 8:30 or 9 at the Nelson, Tue, Wed, and Friday, rain or shine.

gano_b
11-06-2001, 09:42 PM
Ni hau bu hau?

So when does your roommate get to kick you around a bit? I'll do the dishes more often if you let me kick you in the pee pee every once and awhile...

Just got back from lunch with Shrfu and he is doing the ITEC thing. You got time to go tomorrow?

"There is no try...do, or do not."

KC Elbows
11-06-2001, 09:51 PM
?

phipsi229
11-06-2001, 09:58 PM
I am trying to have a nice civilized discussion with a fellow Sprint employee about kung fu and you have to bust in and bring up the dishes. One more reason to study martial arts - roommates get along better when you get to beat on each other in class.

phipsi229
11-06-2001, 10:01 PM
I would like to come check your class out on Tuesdays. Maybe I will even drag my roommate down if he is done with the dishes.

gano_b
11-06-2001, 10:13 PM
If you bring home one of your dad's guns we could really do some dishes!! YEEE HAWWW Just shot me 8 point buck..et of dishes!

Who's class are we going to?

KC Elbows
11-06-2001, 10:20 PM
The class is run by Mikey Rayas, who learned the system from Chun Man Sit(who I've also studied under).

gano_b
11-06-2001, 10:38 PM
Isn't that Wu style Tai Chi? Cool, any chance to see internal arts I like. There is a real lack of that in the KC area. You would figure more people might find the training interesting, but I guess most people lack the patience to study forms and such.

KC Elbows
11-06-2001, 11:34 PM
Actually, Sit(and I assume Mikey) knows Wu style tai chi, but the class at the nelson is a rarer style called Six Elbows kung fu. Mikey learned it from sit, and its very cool. It is also an internal style, southern, meant for extreme in-close fighting. Brutal stuff. Mikey also knows a lot of Southern five animals, and he breaks it out fairly often.

gano_b
11-06-2001, 11:46 PM
She she ni for the explanation.

Sounds like some cool stuff.

KC Elbows
11-07-2001, 12:00 AM
Gano's forcing me to be multilingual.

Knew I should have cross-trained. :D

phipsi229
11-07-2001, 12:11 AM
That's Gano, a cunning linguist.

KC, did you study along with Cecil Kimzee? I remember him saying something about an elbows style and thought this was maybe the class in which he learned that.

KC Elbows
11-07-2001, 12:32 AM
Don't know cecil, but I just started with six elbows a few years back. Could've been before my time, or studying with Sit while I was studying with Mikey, or with Mikey while I was studying with Sit, or studying with a third teacher by the name of Wade at anytime, as I never studied with Wade.

gano_b
11-07-2001, 01:01 AM
yes, Clay, I do like cunnilingas... can't spell it, but I sure do enjoy it. It's alot like a salty Cantonese dish.

Cecil is a hell of a guy. We'll have to find out tonight if he was studying with your sifu before.