PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Boxing

12-02-2001, 07:05 PM
I am curious, and maybe this is movie based thought but, Who would one seek out to learn drunken boxing. We know who to seek out for monkey style, we know who to seek out for Wushu and we know who to seek out for Tai Chi, but for drunken Boxing. Is there anyone whos has the rep of "master" or keeper of the style. I understand that Drunken Boxing is usually not a separate style but more of a component of different style so bear with me. Besides anyone that proficient in Drunken Boxing wopuld probably train in it like a style and not a form. Anyways, back to the question, who has the rep as the best drunken boxer?

Shaolin36

FistOfTheNorthSide
12-02-2001, 07:39 PM
MY teacher teaches northern drunken as a seperate style. All kinds of people do it and seek it out.

12-02-2001, 07:50 PM
I understand, thank you.
What I am curious about is who has the reputayion of the master of this style?

Troy Dunwood
12-22-2001, 03:19 PM
In searching for authentic Drunken boxing try the Eight Immortal Style as taught by the Ying Hung Martial Arts Association.

JAZA
12-22-2001, 05:09 PM
I think that the Jit kuen of the film is Choy Lee Fut of Hung Gar form.

extrajoseph
12-22-2001, 08:47 PM
Like the animal forms, many traditional styles have some form of drunken boxing in their curriculum. While in Sydney some years ago, I saw CLF Master Chen Yong Fa teaching some of his senion students the Drunken Eight Immortal Form (Jui Bak Siin Kuen), so I am sure there will be some good players of the form in the CLF schools. As to who is the best....:confused:

JAZA
12-25-2001, 07:17 PM
Yes Joseph is the Jui Kuen not the Jit, Sorry but my cantonese is zero and my memory is worst:)

TenTigers
12-25-2001, 10:34 PM
is there a website for this assoc?

12-26-2001, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the replies. I now have an idea of what to do.
(when I am ready that is) thanks again.

Shaolin36

tnwingtsun
12-27-2001, 01:09 AM
Anybody here ever run into Dr.Ng???

I saw him at a demo in 1985 and he was drunk.

His drunken fist looked good.

He had a nine year old student that was outstanding but he was sober,Dr.Ng was good drunk and sober.

He is/was out of Kentucky I belive..........

feldor
12-27-2001, 10:25 AM
Hiya Buddy!

Happy Holidays! I haven't been on in a while. Hope the family is doing well. I just had to deal with the ex at Christmas........very taxing....

I still can't seem to get un-busy enough to call ya, I still have those questions.:D

I have heard of D. Ng, but can't place who he is....

Don't be a stranger!
Charles:D :D :D

tnwingtsun
12-27-2001, 02:53 PM
Man I can relate about the ex-thingie,had to do that too.

Dr.Ng looked like he weighed 90lbs. soaking wet.

He was very friendly walking around with a big Cigar in his mouth(that was almost as big as he was) and a 6-pack of tall boys in his hand offering everyone around to drink with him!

He was a hoot!

He said if ya liked to drink and have rubber bones Drunken Monkey is the system for ya!!

His sets looked flawless

Happy Holidays to you and your family my friend!:D

fiercest tiger
12-28-2001, 03:16 AM
i do drunken every saturday night!! :) my favourite technique is riding the porceline bus..hahahahaha

rallph...:p :eek: :D