PDA

View Full Version : Breathing and forms

SevenStar
11-05-2001, 09:49 PM
Do you breathe in and out through the nose, or in through the nose and out through the mouth?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Water Dragon
11-05-2001, 09:50 PM
nose

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

JWTAYLOR
11-05-2001, 09:51 PM
Usually, nose. If I'm breathing hard, the mouth.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Nexus
11-05-2001, 09:53 PM
Head, shoulders, knees and .. nose ..

;)

Robinf
11-05-2001, 10:00 PM
For kung fu, mostly just nose, sometimes in through nose and out through the mouth.

For Taekwondo, in through nose out through mouth--it works better that way; it's also more tiring.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Braden
11-05-2001, 10:11 PM
Nose

SevenStar
11-05-2001, 10:12 PM
I agree with that method being more tiring, but how does breathing out thtought the mouth make it better?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Johnny Hot Shot
11-05-2001, 10:16 PM
It was in through the nose out throught the mouth?

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Shaolin36
11-05-2001, 10:19 PM
breath in through the nose and out for the mouth-CLF. Expand your dan tian(lower abdominal) when inhaling and contract when exhaling(opposite of westerners).

Shaolin36

Robinf
11-05-2001, 10:36 PM
Sevenstar,

That's kind of how the timing in TKD forms works. It's hard to explain, but it's easier to work in rhythm breathing that way.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Sharky
11-05-2001, 10:39 PM
i've been taught as jhs, but slt is different

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Wongsifu
11-06-2001, 12:49 AM
usually i breathe in through the nose and out through it , however , when i hit hard, sometimes i feel the need to open my mouth and a kind of cliche karate ki-ai is let out from it. THe other time i breathe out through my mouth hard and fast is when i get hit. IT tenses everything and expels out the air so that it doesnt hurt.

Other wise 90% of chinese styles i notice stress in through nose out through nose.
Japanese styles are usually in though nose out throgh mouth...

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Braden
11-06-2001, 02:47 AM
Actually.. that's right.

Out through the mouth during fajing, nose otherwise. Always in through the nose. During some qigongs this can change, but the general rule is nose/nose for normal movements, nose/mouth for fajing.