PDA

View Full Version : Looking for body/internal organ hardening exercises for daily use

Castlevania
11-29-2001, 05:52 PM
Yes,I don´t like weightlifting.I´m looking for something different,something to develop kung-fu body.

Colin
11-29-2001, 06:07 PM
Chi Kung.........
Now you gotta find the right chi kung for what you want.

What do you want to achieve?

CT.

chen zhen
11-29-2001, 09:28 PM
That depends on what you mean with "kung fu-body"? :confused:

Castlevania
11-30-2001, 11:33 AM
I´m talking about healthy body with tough muscles/joints/bones and very little fat.

IronFist
11-30-2001, 11:38 AM
Very little fat (a la Bruce Lee) isn't that healthy in the long run. Keep your bodyfat above 7%, which will be no problem unless you have a really fast metabolism.

For refrence, here are some approximate numbers:
Abs visible: 10% bf
Bruce Lee: 6-7% (I'm totally guessing here)
Pro Bodybuilders on competition day: 4-5%

Again, note that really low bodyfat is bad for you. Pro BB's are only ripped like that with low bodyfat when it comes time to compete. They don't look like that year round.

For definition, you need low bodyfat. Note that most high level internal masters did not have low bodyfat. I'm sure there are exceptions, however.

Then again, Ku Yu Cheung was pretty skinny, at least in that one famous iron palm picture.

I'm not making sense anymore, it's my bedtime.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

"Don't you get cose to me with that knofe or I'll have to dofond mosolf!" - KC Elbows

Ginger Fist
12-01-2001, 03:18 AM
--doubt u could put up with the rigors of serious chi kung training. no slam on u personally, just very few people really have the drive 2 do what's required day after day, year after year. lots of sacrafices, kinda dictates how u live most of ur day 2 day life. now that i think about it, it sucks, i hate it :eek:

Repulsive Monkey
12-02-2001, 04:00 PM
If you want good health then you don't surely want to hrden your organs do you??? That kinda negates it. If you had put another way like, balanced healthy, or vital then I could understand.
Some organs are not meant to be hardened. For example the Colon, or Lungs due to permability and other functions.