PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think...

zen_celt
12-01-2001, 11:09 PM
Alright, here's my new 6 month training schedule. I would like some constructive criticism, if you have questions, I'll try to answer them. I think it's a bit ambitious(but possible) but I have always admitted to being a little crazy. Each phase is named for the results I want from it.
Power(P) is to gain strength/power
Gain(G) is to develop everything and attain symmetry
Base(B) is to develop endurance and base strength

Power: 8 weeks
1 set 6-8 reps
Bench press
Squat
Deadlift
Abs(supermans, oblique crunches)
Bicep Curls
Hamstring curls
Shoulder shrugs

Gain: 12 weeks
Pyramid 5-1(adding 5-10lbs each set decreasing 1rep, adding 10lbs to the first set each week)
Dumbbell Press
Lat Pulldown
Leg extensions
Hip abductors
Hip adductors
Seated Row
Hamstring curls
Shoulder Shrug
Abs(supermans, oblique crunches)
Military press
Bicep curls
Forearm curls(both ways)
3 way triceps(skullcrushers, straightouts, bench til done, all with same weight)

Base: 2-3 weeks
Whole cycle with sets of 10-20, rest, repeat cycle total of three times(no weight)
Push ups
Squats
Chin up
Abs(supermans, oblique crunch)
Pull ups
Back hyperextensions

During each phase of the schedule, I figured I'd change my other supplementary exercises, so here's the week schedule(L=weights/above exercises, B=cardio bike for 30min or so, Pl=Plyometrics, J=1-3 mile jog, S=lap swimming) Sundays are reserved for sprint runs, sparring, and forms, nothing else.

M T W Th F Sat
Power: L B L L Pl
Gain: L J B L B Pl&S
Base: L J&S L B L Pl&J

Well there it is. I figured I'd try it for the next few months and see what happens. I think I'll start with Gain, then go to Base, and finish with Power and start again. So, what do you guys think? Too much, too little? One big thing I'm worried about is whether or not I'll gain size from it. I really want to get bigger and I think this will do it but I'm not sure as it does focus on leanness and strength.
What do you guys think?
-Z

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose.

jjr213
12-03-2001, 04:11 AM
I think this is a good plan. I don't really see any problem with any of it. The only thing I can foresee as a possible obstacle is burn out. I think you understand what this means, but I'll explain it just in case. What happens is your body becomes so fatigued and exhausted that it starts to function slower, and eventually may begin to work backwards, consuming muscle instead of fats. This however is an extreme situation.

As far as the exercises you're doing, the only suggestion I can make is in the Power category. I think that you should add heavy bag and medicine ball exercises in there.

That's all. Good luck!

The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle. - Motto of Navy Seals

Apprentice
12-03-2001, 05:24 AM
and i know iron is gonna say this, make sure you get enough rest, it's very important, otherwise you wont "Gain" like you want to, ur muscle fibers gotta regrow after u burn em(not burn out completly mind you)

"True victory is giving all of yourself without regret"-Ryu

"Your best move is the move you regret not doing"-Fei Long

"Are you prepared to fight today? Someone else is as we speak"-Apprentice