PDA

View Full Version : Good I Chuan Videos or Books

thumper
12-01-2001, 02:05 AM
Does anyone know of any?

'either you like reincarnation or the smell of carnations'

Ka
12-03-2001, 08:34 AM
If its Yiquan you are talking about a good book is Warriors of Stillness Vol 2,http//www.yiquan.com has a load of information and I think they offer vcds for learning.

Justa Man
12-04-2001, 10:17 AM
thanks for the info man.

RickMatz
12-04-2001, 01:37 PM
in addition to www.yiquan.com, www.yiquan.com.pl has loads of information.

members.surfeu.fi/yiquan has a lot of information as well as hosting a very good yiquan oriented bulletin board; and having some translations of Wang Xiang Zhai's books for sale.

There is a group at egroups.com: yiquan-l

There is a group a Yahoo Clubs : YiQuan training.

Finally there is an 11 VCD set of the YiQuan exercises as taught by Yao ChengGuang for sale. This is in Mandarin. An English version is coming up early next year.

Best Regards,

Rick Matz

Justa Man
12-05-2001, 08:48 PM
yo thanks for the info man. i really enjoy that .pl site. i'm thinking of getting the home study course, to supplement my ba gua. i've been told i need nothing more that ba gua, but am interested in it nontheless. do you study yi quan?

RickMatz
12-05-2001, 09:06 PM
I am working on the home study course. I have been signed up for it for over a year, but I am a slow student; and am only about six months of lessons into it.

I have the good forture to have a very good friend who teaches taiji and qiqong who went to China a couple of years ago, for a month, and took private lessons with the author of the correspondence course, Yao Cheng Guang.

So I'm not completely on my own, in that I can get some feedback.

If I never do another thing in martial arts, I will continue the standing practice. It's had a great impact on me.

Best Regards,

Rick Matz

brucelee2
12-05-2001, 10:07 PM
You might want to check out mindboxing.com- there's some interesting looking videos there.