PDA

View Full Version : Going to a TCM consultant

wooha
12-02-2001, 01:44 PM
I don't know if anyone remembers me making this post (http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=6111925891), but I've gone and done it again. This time to my other leg.

It's a really strange injury and out of all the people I've spoken to, nobody's heard of that happening, but I've done it twice.

Anyway, last time my leg was unusable for about two weeks and it only got better after my Sifu treated it. For various reasons I don't feel like I can go to my Sifu for help this time. I really don't want to be out of training for two weeks or more.

I picked up a leaflet yesterday for a "TCM consultant". The TCM doctor is called Ms Jieru Li and according to this brochure, graduated from Nanjing University of TCM. She seems to be more into acupunture and herbal medicine, whereas my Sifu exclusively practices Qigong healing.

Would it be worth getting a consultation with this doctor? If so, what kind of thing could I expect and what should I be aware of?

I really need to get my leg working properly again. It's really getting me down not being able to train.

Repulsive Monkey
12-02-2001, 11:55 PM
is a famous and respected university for Chinese Medicine, of course that doesn't mean that anyone who has stopped off and ventured in to use their toilets will be empowered by the majestic force of Nanjing. However if your consultant qualified there then I feel that you could quite a powerful practioner at your disposal, if you should choose to consult them. Questions will be asked about your lifestyle and general health habits good and bad. Pulses will be taken (all 12 of them!) and a tongue diagnosis will be taken too, however i advise you DO NOT brush your tongue or eat anything that may discolour your tongue as this will give a false reading (or at least make it difficult to make an accurate diagnosis). If I were you I would be see about maybe trying once for the experience, you may be pleseantly surprised/not/or totally neither way about it all. Experience, as with anything in life, is ususally the greatest of teachers.

wooha
12-06-2001, 05:45 AM
My leg seems to healing up fairly well on it's own this time; but I'm glad to hear your recommendation of Nanjing. It's good to know that I have someone with that kind of qualification nearby. Next time I give myself some foolish injury or have any serious health problems I'll go and check it out.