PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee vs. Kareem

zen_celt
11-30-2001, 09:21 AM
If I remember correctly, Kareem was one of Mr. Lee's students and posed a unique problem of distance( Kareem being significantly taller than Lee). Does anyone know how Lee overcame this?
-ZC

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

wufupaul
12-01-2001, 09:05 AM
Kareem studied with Bruce at his Oakland school, I have an old Black Belt magazine that has a good interview with him all about the JKD days, good stuff. Bruce really had to apply the pendulum step; moving in, striking, and moving back out of striking range. Lots of kicks and long range attacks. Basically, the same advice that everybody gives nowadays for fighting huge people; hit and run. You've seen Game of Death, right? Even though it's a movie, it still shows Bruce moving in and out while attacking, using JKD very effectively.

"I want to share something with you -- the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, "Cover for me." Number two, "Oh, good idea, boss!" Number three, "It was like that when I got here." -Homer Simpson, THE SIMPSONS

LEGEND
12-02-2001, 06:08 PM
Blitz inward...and overwhelm them with cheap shots...it's not like u can punch their heads.

A

RAYNYSC
12-03-2001, 02:01 AM
Thats a good way of putting it.... LOL :D

A fighter will block where a master will attack

RAYNYSC