PDA

View Full Version : T.T. Liang---Please read

Ky-Fi
12-04-2001, 07:00 PM
Master T. T. Liang, who was a pioneering Taiji teacher in the USA, is now 102 years old, and he's in a nursing home in New Jersey. I understand that he's been seriously ill, and is receiving an extensive amount of care from one of his former students, Ms. A. Germanton. She could use some financial assistance, and any help would be appreciated. You can e-mail

ymaa@aol.com

..for more information. They're taking up a collection in the next two weeks, or I believe they can also give you the address of Ms. Germanton, if you'd prefer to send any contributions directly to her.

Water Dragon
12-04-2001, 07:48 PM
I strongly encourage everyone to send something. It is a rare occasion when we have the opportunity to give even a little to those who have given us so much.

taijiquan_student
12-04-2001, 07:56 PM
I strongly second that. Please help if you can. I will talk to my teacher, and see if he will get word around the school so people can pitch in if they want. If you can, I would encourage you to do the same.

Fu-Pow
12-05-2001, 10:51 AM
Wow...102 years old...I just read his book not to long ago, it must have been published in the 70's. He was pretty old even then.....
I guess that makes a hell of a case for the health benefits of Taiji.

ddh
12-05-2001, 06:14 PM
Isn't T.T. Liang the teacher of Stuart Olson in Minnesota? If he is then
quite a bit of money has crossed hands. Please advise.:confused:

Nexus
12-13-2001, 12:29 AM
Does anyone have any recent updates/news regarding the condition of T.T. Liang. If you could provide any and as much information to me regarding his current status as possible, I would highly appreciate it.

My email is beng@bored.com - Thank you in advance.

- Nexus

Nexus
12-13-2001, 11:10 AM
Wujidude,

I am not sure if the above post was directly in response to mine but if it was, thank for the information but that was a bit off base of what I was requesting.

If it was not in response to my post, then my apologies and thank you for the information.

Regardless, I am looking for information regarding T.T. Liang's current "Health" situation, and if anyone has any news/updates regarding his health condition and or treatment for what is going on.

I study with a former student of his, and am trying to relay some information to one of my teachers.

Thank you once again in advance.

- Nexus

ddh
12-13-2001, 03:16 PM
That T.T. Liang is in a nursing home and in need of money makes me
wonder why his students don't help him? I assume some of them are
getting it together to do so, yet, why is it that he's in a nursing home
in the first place? I'm sure that some of his students must be well off!
Shouldn't he be in a real home? Surely, those who have made money
and a rep due to their studies with Liang would feel obligated in this
situation! I know, I would.

GLW
12-13-2001, 03:29 PM
That assumes a lot...

Taking care of an elderly person requires time and attention in the best cases. Taking care of an elderly person in need of special nursing or with major health concerns can be quite expensive if done at home with a live-in nurse....not to mention that it gets to be that ALL activity in the home centers around the elderly person and the health concerns. It can be very emotionally draining...and financially as well...

Then you have the what ifs...like does the person have a high likelihood of a sever health problem that would require access to an ER quickly...this might mean you need a nursing home....

Then there is insurance and such...some pay for nursing home care but NOT hospice or home nursing care...

So, without the full story, it is impossible to say why Liang Laoshi is in a nursing home and not at a home of a student, family, etc....