PDA

View Full Version : MonkeySlap-Steve Gartin

Black Jack
12-04-2001, 10:01 PM
What's up bud.

As to your close relationship to the Kun Tao system I am sure you have been following the story of Steve Gartin and the trumped up charges which have been placed on him by what I like to call the "UN pussifcation of America Club" and it's "disarment of the public" policy to keep all the criminals safe from citizens.

If he is a friend of yours I wish him all the luck and if you are needing signatures or anything let me know as I hate that kind of ****.

Peace,

MonkeySlap Too
12-04-2001, 10:32 PM
I know Steve. His is a complex situation. Contact Chas Clements if you want to help him. You can find Chas on REC martial arts.

I am not a beleiver in conspiracy theories, but I do think Steve was royally f@cked. Which leads me to what I think is a real conspiracy - the failure of our school system to teach us the 'rules' of our legal system.

Join your local school board and bring this up. We should know our rights. Our sons, brothers, daughters and sisters are fighting for them right now.

Black Jack
12-04-2001, 10:49 PM
Didn't mean to come across so x-files sounding but that kind of stuff bothers me deeply as you see it all to often in one format or another though this time it was with a highly regarded martial arts and bladed weapons instructor.

9 knives stashed on his person!!!

Now that is my kind of teacher.

I will find out from Chas if anything is needed like signatures or letters or whatever.

You hit a solid point on the head with the school board idea as the knowledge of our self defense rights are a point that is often overlooked by the public as if to bring it up might lead to trouble.

Everyone should know those rights, the more knowledge you have of those rights the more freedom you will have in excersing them.

Chris McKinley
12-04-2001, 10:53 PM
Hormat to Guru Steve.

MonkeySlap Too
12-05-2001, 10:32 AM
I'm not just talking about self defense rights, but our rights in general. We have rules that define the conduct of our peace officers and our government, but if you are unfamiliar with the law, you can be taken advantage of.

I experienced this first hand when an unscrupulous business partner had his lawyer (a former prosecuter) have his buddy (a sherriff) call me to look at 'my books' because he heard there might be foul play in my book keeping. I thought - I'm on the up and up, so I might as well let him look. That's when a friend of mine explained to me how this was a trap. The officer was operating without authority, and they were most likely trying to screw me.

So I told the sherrif, I quote: F@ck off', called his watch officer, had him investigated and suspended for three days, and went after the lawyer with the state bar.

In my naivity, I almost got messed over. I'm generally pro-police and actually think our government is pretty good. It really, really is. If anyone doubts me, go to almost anywhere outside of Europe and Canada.

But as citizens (not consumers) we need to realize that people in authority are people too, and often act in thier own interest as oppossed to yours.

and

Be active in politics and community efforts. The grass roots is where you can effect the most positive results. Our system is built that way. Self responsibility pushes the good stuff UP to the federal level.

If we think the government is inefficient, good. It was designed to be that way so no pin head could completely mess us up.

rogue
12-05-2001, 10:59 AM
OK, what's the story with this guy that you're talking about?

Mojo
12-05-2001, 11:02 AM
re: Steve Gartin
Will someone please explain what the trouble is that he got into !

MonkeySlap Too
12-05-2001, 11:15 AM
Guru Steve is the guy I am told is one of the best trained students of the DeThouras brothers. He is a hard core, no nonsense Kun Tao player.

Currently, and it is a LOOOONG story, he is on the outs with his teacher Wellem DeThouras, and has a long line of legal difficulties. It reads like a Chinese soap opera, and I do not air the details that I know in public.

It is all very complex, and I can't explain it all. What I do know, is that when he was living by me, an FBI SWAT team came in during a childrens class and took him away. Mind you, he made it clear where he was - he was in the process of getting his cases moved to California from Colorado. After the extradition to Colorado went through - the federal charges were dropped. Which they had to be, because I saw the warrant, and it was not valid.

Steve has, lets say, non-mainstream beleifs- but nothing hateful or mean. He's just a VERY devout Christian. He wishes no one harm (except maybe the people who have been messing with him, but that he is trying to settle legally), and he is difinitly an 'old-world' kind of man. Not suited for the shennanigans being pulled on him.

He needs financial assistance - he has had everything taken from him. His wife, children, business and property.

There is a web site you can go to that will donate the proceeds of items sold to his defense: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=gartin

Steve was always decent to me.

I also train with a student of one of the other brothers, and I stay out of any of the conflicts these long time associates have. They are all worthy men, and I am loyal and respectful to each that has entered my life.

I've seen the paperwork - the legal documents regarding Steve's case. He really is being messed with. He deserves a fair chance in a jurisdiction where the police have not been persecuting him, and a fair trial by a jury of his peers.

That is what America is about. I can't judge, because I don't know everything, but if something smells, methinks there is something fishy going on in Jefferson county Colorado.

Mojo
12-05-2001, 11:46 AM
Here is what I've found so far...

Released by: Bruce J. Gebhardt
Special Agent in Charge
Federal Bureau of Investigation
450 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, California 94102
Telephone Number (415) 553-7400

Bruce J. Gebhardt, Special Agent in Charge of the San Francisco Office of the FBI, today announced the arrest of Steve Douglas Gartin, 51 years of age, and Eric Gordon Mitchell, 34 years of age. Both men were sought and arrested on Federal Charges for Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution in Jefferson County, Colorado. Authorities in Jefferson County sought the two men on charges of Extortion, Carrying of Concealed Weapons and for the Filing of False Liens. Both men are Martial Arts Experts and are considered Armed and Dangerous. On March 8, 2001, a Federal Warrant for Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution was issued for their arrest.

FBI Agents developed information which directed the focus of their investigation to Northern California. Agents learned that Gartin was now employed as a Martial Arts Instructor at a Fairfax, California Martial Arts Academy. Gartin was featured on the Academy's Web Page as a resident instructor. Gartin is regarded as an expert in the use of a variety of edged weapons. On March 13, 2001, at approximately 3:00 PM, Agents of the FBI, including members of the FBI SWAT team, began a surveillance outside of the Martial Arts Academy on Sir Francis Drake Blvd in Fairfax. Gartin was observed approaching the academy shortly before 3:30 PM. FBI Agents converged on Gartin and immediately arrested him without incident. A search of Gartin, pursuant to his arrest, revealed that he was in possession of nine knives.

FBI Agents developed information which directed the search for Mitchell to Eureka, California. This afternoon, at approximately 1:00 PM, a team of law enforcement officers, comprised of members of the Humboldt County Drug Task Force, U.S. Marshal's Office, Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement and the FBI located Mitchell traveling in his vehicle on the 2400 Block of Myrtle Ave, Eureka, California. The Officers effected a vehicle stop and placed Mitchell under arrest without incident.

Mitchell is in the custody of the Humboldt County Sheriff's Department. Gartin is in the custody of the Marin County Sheriff's Department. Both men are waiting to be transported back to Jefferson County, Colorado to face charges there. Bruce Gebhardt, Special Agent in Charge of the San Francisco Office of the FBI stated: "The successful arrest of these two dangerous fugitives can be attributed to excellent cooperation between the various law enforcement agencies."

MonkeySlap Too
12-05-2001, 12:59 PM
Yep, that's the press release the FBI put out. What's not in there is the federal prosecuter dropping all charges or how the warrant that was issued for him was issued AFTER he left colorado and was sealed, so he would not know about it.

I don't know jack about the details of any allegations about him, but I wonder about the methods used.

Chas over on Rec martial arts knows a lot more than I do.