PDA

View Full Version : Qi or not to Qi

African Tiger
12-05-2001, 06:29 PM
Question:

After about 2.5 years of kung fu and Qi gong, I've begun to feel a strange sensation when I place my hands about 3-4 inches apart - or sometimes even further away. I can only liken the sensation to trying to push two magnets together. On occasion, especially while deep-breathing, I can feel the sensation when placing my hand on or near a painful body part.

As I am still experiencing the phenomena known as Qi, what exactly is this magnet-like sensation? Any thought?

GLW
12-06-2001, 05:03 PM
this is a common feeling that comes from Qi Gong practice.

It is interesting but inconsequential. Sensations occurring during Qi Gong can be noted and reflected on after practice but do not pursue them.

sensations are effects but NOT the target. If you pursue them, they will be elusive...and lead down the wrong path.

Note the feeling...then forget it for the time being and then try to relax more and do away with thought even more....pursue relaxed even breathing and a calm mind to the exclusion of other sensations and you will find greater gains.

Other sensations you may also notice...tingling...no big deal....

A greater occurrence of static electricity...this is annoying. I tend to shock people at work...not by outlandish behaviour but with static...even with rubber shoes and on tile. in fact, it is more of an office joke now.

but again, this is an effect and not anything I pursue.

Nexus
12-06-2001, 05:11 PM
Sounds like you can try out as a superhero GLW, or should I say, Static Man!

-ZAP-

- Nexus

GLW
12-07-2001, 01:37 PM
I thought about that...a cape and the mandatory baloons that I can have sticking to me from static cling...and of course all of the world's missing socks....

When I first relayed this info to my teacher...he laughed and said it was not that uncommon and that it only underscored the connection between Qi and the body's electrical system....

Shocking :)