PDA

View Full Version : Xingyiquan Photo Gallery

Felipe Bido
12-05-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey guys:

Please, check out the new Xingyiquan Photo Gallery of my teacher, Deng Fuxing, on Emptyflower's Xingyiquan website:

http://www.emptyflower.com/xingyiquan/deng

I hope you enjoy it :)

count
12-05-2001, 09:36 PM
Excellent gallery, Felipe!

Felipe Bido
12-05-2001, 09:55 PM
I must give public thanks to David DeVere for putting up the gallery. The man is a true artist :cool:

Ma_Xu_Zha
12-06-2001, 03:10 PM
David did a really nice page there for you and your master. I was impressed. Keep training hard in your hsingyi.

peace,
ma

Chuk Hung
12-06-2001, 06:26 PM
Felipe,

I am very surprised and happy to hear that Kung Fu is being taught in the Domincan Republic. How much of it is there?
You are very fortunate to have an excellent teacher.

I was born in Santo Domingo, and left when I was 3 years old. I live in New York City, where I train in Wing Chun Kung Fu. My parents left China, and settled in the Domincan Republic for 5 years. They are fluent in Spanish. I unfortunately, was not there long enough to speak it. We still have many friends and relatives there. I have been wanting to go back to see my birthplace. I will always be a Chino-Latino!

The website is excellent, good luck with your training. Perhaps I can visit your school when I do go back!

Chuk Hung

Felipe Bido
12-06-2001, 08:09 PM
How are you? I'm happy to know that you were born and have friends and relatives in the island! Of course you can visit us when you come back

Well, to be honest, there's a lot of kung fu schools here, but only a few good and dedicated practicioners. Master Deng lives here since 1993, and it was the first time here that a real teacher brought Xingyi and Bagua to the island. Other branches of kung fu (specially Choy Li Fut, Hung Gar and Shaolin Long Fist) have been around here since the sixties.

I practiced Choy Li Fut and Shaolin for four years before Master Deng came here. I left every previous martial knowledge I had, and started training Xingyi full time.

It's rather difficult to find excellent practicioners here, because everyone only wants flashy kicks and pretty movements.
:D

So, begin practicing your spanish and contact me when you're ready to come back.

Metal Fist
12-07-2001, 07:57 AM
Good stuff Felipe, I stumbled across David Devere's Empty flower site a year or so ago. I have gotten some good info there. I am
a Hsing-I player (Hebei)And I do Yang style Taiji as well. I enjoy these styles tremendously. Keep up the hard training your Sifu is quite impressive. :D

Fu-Pow
12-07-2001, 11:10 AM
Man that guy is ripped!!!!

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-07-2001, 02:29 PM
nice site.

brazilusa
05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I searched all over last time I was there. Is anyone still out there? Please contact me. Where are you?

donjitsu2
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I searched all over last time I was there. Is anyone still out there? Please contact me. Where are you?

Wow. Way to bring up a 10 year old thread....

Emptyflower is gone.

Rum Soaked Fist remains.

SPJ
06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
it has been 10 years.

me feel old.

:)

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Felipe...you are the best. Thanks for your years of work.