PDA

View Full Version : outstanding seminar

EARTH DRAGON
12-05-2001, 10:14 PM
I recently asked your opinon on qigong master yuanming zhang, well he came and did a seminar are it was outstsnding.
He opened up our meridians and channels, showed us 13 movement taoist taichi "pre chen sen feng" , ba gua zhang and hsingI. He also taught us tai chi hands ying yang tiger and some internal meditation practices. I will say that I was very impressed to say the least. I recommend any teachers who have schools to host him for a seminar it is well worth it. his website is www.qigongmaster.com check it out

dedalus
12-06-2001, 06:14 AM
Thanks for reporting back on that Earth Dragon :)

Are there any comments you can offer about the qigong tapes available from Zhang's site?

EARTH DRAGON
12-06-2001, 11:56 AM
I am not real sure about the videos, he did have many for sale but he did tell me that he doesnt teach everything on the videos that he does in person for obvious reasons. He is extremly powerful and did 2 things that impressed me the most

He did a breathing excersise that allowed him to breath from his dantien and not his lungs, he explained it as womb breathing.
and he also opened our arm channels by pulling on a ligament under our arm pit that snapped loudly a couple of times and sent a shock down your arm then your palms became instantly sweaty. I have never in all my years seen or felt either of those things before. has anyone else?

Nexus
12-06-2001, 12:33 PM
"13 movement taoist taichi "pre chen sen feng"

That is something excellent to learn! Practice, practice, practice.. You would be amazed how many people know standard qi gong, forms and even some application, but do not know the 13 taoists postures from the original 13-movements, which I might say is one of the healthiest practices I know of..

As for the ligment under the arm and the other stuff, it sounds like this guy has a high degree of knowledge and skill, and you sound quite impressed. Without seeing exactly what you are talking about, I could only guess at what it was he did, but regardless it did leave me wondering something..

Do you feel as if qi is flowing better through your arms to the tips of your fingers and palm now that he opened up the meridians, and to what degree of difference do you see? The reason I ask this is because with enough qi gong and tai chi, one should be able to open up quite a lot on their own..

- Nexus

EARTH DRAGON
12-06-2001, 01:29 PM
we did the 5 basic postures gu,pan,ding,jin and tui and the 8 methods. although I have been doing Wu stlye for 11 years it was quite different, and so were the applications.
I have been doing qigong for 5 years and can certainly feel and even shoot/project my chi but after he opened up the arm lesser heart meridian my hands instanly dripped with sweat. I was impressed to say the least. and could not figure out what the popping sound was, it sounded like when you get a adjustment from a chiropractor.

Nexus
12-06-2001, 01:42 PM
Be thankful he didn't try to open up any meridians near the groin.

-POP!- Umm, what was that? ;)

- Nexus

EARTH DRAGON
12-06-2001, 07:13 PM
funny you should say that becuse I did ask him to open my leg channel as he did my arms but he replied that I would not be able to walk after that for a day or so. my student didnt like the nerve feeling that he felt and said that he had trouble sleeping last night cause his fingers tingled constantly keeping him awake.

Mojo
12-11-2001, 01:24 PM
I've also had my underarm 'plucked' and it is like getting an electric shock, not only down the arm but I felt the shock from my toes to the top of my head. Weird and awesome at the same time.
I've had my leg 'plucked' too. It doesn't exactly feel like pain, but it isn't comfortable.

EARTH DRAGON
12-11-2001, 03:31 PM
dear mojo, who did it to you? do you know what they did? was it a ligament? nerve? meridian? could you walk after they did your leg? i wanted him to but he said that i would not be able to walk please let me know thanks

Monkey
12-11-2001, 03:56 PM
Earth Dragon
My instructor did it to me while teaching me Tui Na therapy massage. Yes, he taught me how to do it also.
While I've never looked it up in an anatomy book, what your plucking is the bundle of arteries, veins and nerves that extends from under your armpit down to, and beyond, your elbow. You can continue the plucking from the armpit to the elbow. Believe me, that is an uncomfortable feeling, you want to jump right out of your chair while being plucked.
My leg wasn't done as indepth as my arm and while my leg was 'sore' afterwards it didn't affect my walking. Keep in mind that I was a healthy teenager when I had this so it may have different affects on different people.
Technique wise, did your instructor pat your underarm a few times before he did the plucking ?

Mojo
12-12-2001, 08:27 AM
Earth D.
This was done to me after I had injured my hand. It was done as a preparation to relax the arm and increase both blood and chi circulation down the arm.
Like Monkey said, there seems to be a bundle of nerves and veins that run down your arm from under the armpit to below the elbow. It is this that is being plucked.
Yes, I could walk after the leg was done, but it was sore for a few hours, right up near the crotch.