PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Sam Wiley

brassmonkey
12-06-2001, 12:12 AM
1.Never got an answer to my question on where that quote you had of using strength while you build up internal came from or rather what translation of the classics you attribute it to? I'd love to read it.
2. Also while I have your attention I'd like to ask you about a quote I saw of yours about Yang Cheng Fu dying of Yin dullness, its funny cuz I saw you in the past post that he died from doing Repulse Monkey too much which makes people gain weight? Maybe they are related. It strikes me as strange as considering that YCF's form you report to be the yin form so you'd figure he'd have plenty of yin or maybe he was practicing the yang form twice as much in private then him publically practicing the yin form which he taught the public.
3. What's also strange is in the past you've stated the only difference between the old and new forms was the old was lower with fajing(which I won't even go into here) so how does that equate to 1 being more yin and 1 more yang?

PlasticSquirrel
12-07-2001, 04:03 PM
this is ridiculous. if you don't understand the relationship between "external" and "internal", then you won't understand. training the tendons by relaxing the muscles, and then using the bones for structure and the relaxed muscles as reservoirs for energy, while the qi of the connections harmonizes is the way that i believe he is talking about, and is what most people would identify as being "internal". this is ridiculous, as it is found in all gongfu.

by expanding the muscles size gently, while practicing qigong to supplement this and keep meridians and channels open is very beneficial. capacity for energy is increased in the muscles, and the inner and outer muscles harmonize and cling to the bones. the body is connected without separations, and energy transfers are simple and fast. energy from the dantian issues quickly and efficiently. in order to have great amounts of power, you need to have this connection between the tendons, the layers of muscle, and the bones. this comes from practicing slowly, and can also be benefitted by using slight tension, at the loss of tendon training, but at the gain of muscle training. muscle training builds a strong root and strong harmonies. this is lacking sorely in many practitioners.

this does not mean that you should work out with weights, though, because they are inferior to form practice for muscle training, although they will utilize muscle training to a point, but not a refined one. what sam was saying was entirely true, and i would challenge anyone to prove this wrong.

the things i've written on this post are my own findings, and i don't speak for anyone else or with anyone else's words. i have no need to back up anything i say with "classics". all most people on this board do is intellectualize everything, with little real comprehension or experience. sam actually knows what he's talking about.