PDA

View Full Version : jaded/sept 11/MA

respectmankind
12-06-2001, 03:26 AM
should it be taken as a warning, that one has been jaded to much if an event such as sept-11 or any other did not effect them? does compassion help (not intellectuel) help or hurt MA. Please do not be offended by the question.

wushu chik
12-06-2001, 03:31 AM
Maybe if I understood what you were trying to get at, I would be able to answer it....

Could you please elaborate more on your q??

respectmankind
12-06-2001, 03:35 AM
no emotional response or reaction. not a suppresion of one either. there were 2 questions also. the one if no reaction was a problem, and the second question was if being detached from emotion contributed or took away from Martial Art practices.

wushu chik
12-06-2001, 03:44 AM
Personally, I think that it finally made most people wake up and face the fact that we are NOT immune to what happened. I was asked the day it happened in a chat room on AOL... "If I was to ask you a month ago, do you think something like this could happen to our country, what would you have said?"...and my reply "Why the h3ll would you think it COULDN'T....yeah, I would have said something like this could happen."

I think it just made people aware that we have to learn to defend ourselves on the HOME front.....i don't mean as a country.....I mean at HOME...because next time, it may not be a plane being downed into a building....it may be somebody coming into your work, or house....etc....and you have to learn to defend yourself and your loved ones.....

I don't understand what you mean by taken as a warning....what would we be warned about?? That there are terrorists in the country?? They have know that one for years, and never done anything about it. Now, all of the sudden, we have to bomb every country that has EVER had a terrorist in it?? What's that all about?

respectmankind
12-06-2001, 03:49 AM
On a personal level. Not the counrty take a warning, but an, that when that happened, should take that fact that they felt no response to it as a warning that they are to jaded. I now understand what are misunderstanding was.

shaolinboxer
12-06-2001, 07:25 AM
Could be jaded, could be in denial, could be that they don't like themselves and wouldn't mind dying, could be anything....