PDA

View Full Version : I have a new student

Water Dragon
12-06-2001, 08:23 PM
Yup, My 5 year old has had his first lesson. He will be focusing on rotational warm ups, stance holding (we're doing horse and front right now) manipulation of the kua as power generation, diaphramic breathing, and stationary punching until he gets it. Probably about 6 months to a year.

Next we focus on walking drills, heavy bag work, and single posture shadow forms. My teacher's teacher has already agreed to play Kung Fu Uncle. I'm gonna have a bad-azz ten year old :D

prana
12-06-2001, 08:28 PM
cool. Good to see.

Nexus
12-06-2001, 08:55 PM
But to teach him how to fend off all the ladies swarming him.. that is the real challenge Danielson..

Watchman
12-06-2001, 09:21 PM
Good work Water Dragon! ;)

Chang Style Novice
12-06-2001, 09:28 PM
He doesn't sound so tough. I'll bet I could kick his ass. He can bring along Watchman's daughters, if he wants. Multiple attackers don't scare me!

Unless they're grown ups, or something.

diego
12-06-2001, 09:35 PM
My brother was giving me cigarette's 'AND I LOVED CANDY.
HAD A POTBELLY AND ALL-HELLA SKINNY THO
ANY-WHO ...they signed me up for a breakdancing class at the ubc s.u.b in 83=you know when breakers hit the floor then do the six-step circle footwork before spins or swipes"thats low butterflys for you non-HIPHOPS,well they taught RATHER SHOWED me the basic crabwalk and the 6step,my candyass belly trying to manuevar the circle
4GHET ABOUT IT"

point,mAN YOUR KID'S LUCKY.

Water Dragon
12-06-2001, 09:37 PM
It was actually pretty cool. He came up to me after work and said, "Dad, can I learn Gong Fu?" I looked at him and told him it was a lot of work and not fun some times. He was cool with tgat so....

Well, he took his stance work like a man. Actually, better than some men :D

diego
12-06-2001, 09:38 PM
I SPENT THE NEXT 10 YEARS PLAYING NINTENDO
SMOKING CIGARETTES EATING CANDY

CAN YOU IMAGINE THOSE WHO DIDNT

LEARNING WHAT YOU KNOW WHEN YOU LEARNT HOW TO WALK
LIKE FLIPS WOULD BE PARRALLEL TO YAWNING.

Xebsball
12-06-2001, 10:20 PM
Hey i spent more than 8 years on video games and candy, and as you can see today I'm a completly normal and funtional person :eek:

But i didnt get any cigarettes.

Leonidas
12-07-2001, 12:50 AM
Exactly what style is he learning??????

wushu chik
12-07-2001, 12:56 AM
Both my boys (2 and 4) are both already learning Kung Fu....and doing great at it. They love it and love being in class with the other kids.

diego
12-07-2001, 01:53 AM
but thats kind of a censorable signature you have thier,
"mouthboxing",hm.I see.

Robinf
12-07-2001, 07:11 AM
WaterDragon,

That must be the most enjoyable class of your day.

Robin

Sho
12-07-2001, 07:16 AM
Good luck and have fun :)

bamboo_ leaf
12-07-2001, 07:38 AM
From personal experience keep it fun and realize he is sill a kid.
My own 2 daughters liked MA but didn’t like it when I was teaching them.
They felt I was to hard on them.

Mmm, maybe so.

Have fun and enjoy they grow very fast. ;)

Water Dragon
12-07-2001, 07:42 AM
What will he be learning? Well, we actually began at age 3 with some boxing. The boy has no flinch reflex. It was not allowed to develop.

We're gonna start with basic power work applicable to any style. Power generation from the kua aided by the push of the back foot and the pull of the front foot.

After that, we're gonna focus on heavy bag work to help him find and develop his root. At this point, we're going to develop his foot work as well as a few kicks. I like Muay Thai kicking so we'll probably use that. Maybe add in knees and elbows as well.

Next step will be the development of his sensitivity through a mixture of Taiji and Liuhebafa Tui Shou. All the while, we'll be adding mechanics one at a time to his structure.

When he's big enough, he gets Shuai Chiao and basic BJJ groundwork focused more on escape than submission.

When he hits puberty, he gets Iron palm, Iron body, Yi quan stake standing and weapons. We're gonna focus on bladework, shortstick, firearme, and environmental weapons.

he he, this is gonna be fun.

Watchman
12-07-2001, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a good plan, WD. More parents should be working to raise warriors.

WhtLotus
12-07-2001, 03:21 PM
I wish I had started training when I was young.
No, I had to start at age 18. :( I've only got four months of training under my belt... I bet your kid could beat me up.

Point is: lucky kid!

Water Dragon
12-07-2001, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I waded through the BS so he wont have to. He has been born innto a Gong Fu family complete with access to masters of solid lineage. He will train as his body grows into the true methods. I wish I was so luckey. Imagine the situation that will exist for my 6 month old.

SevenStar
12-07-2001, 10:06 PM
sounds good. I can't wait until my little one is ready. I stretch him now, and he hits his two bop bags and also tries to box with me and mimic my forms.hopefully the trend continues. What are you going to do if he loses interest? You gonna make him train until he reaches a certain age? I've been thinking about that. Hopefully neither mine or yours loses thier interest though.